Get rid of those screens !

rugen

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ May 30 2010, 05:21 PM)
Since we're getting rid of screens, why not just get rid of the light show? the lasers? Hell let's get rid of the amps and drum set. Aw f**k, let's just forget about the whole damn stage! Have the boys stand in the grass in front of everybody and play marbles. What a show! applaudit.gif

Keep the light show, if you read the first post, you'll understand... I just want get rid of the screens, not the side screens when a show is outside but the screen behind the band that put video and sometimes members in close ups (very useful for those who can't see the stage...).

It's not a bad idea, see the guys in the grass like a good old 70's show in the mud (remember Woodstock...) cool10.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ May 30 2010, 09:33 AM)
The screens rock when you get shitty seats because you can still see the boys.

Ya they must help when you get stuck behind a pole.

For the poor people like me who can't afford actual seats laugh.gif the screens are great. And if I recall correctly, they've been using screens for like twenty years so I don't see a point in stopping now.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 30 2010, 06:12 PM)
For the poor people like me who can't afford actual seats laugh.gif the screens are great. And if I recall correctly, they've been using screens for like twenty years so I don't see a point in stopping now.

I am sure that the band wont stop using them, it's just a dream i have...

Maybe they could get rid of the screens but make the nosebleed seats about 4 dollars each. Then it wouldn't be so bad. But if I'm paying 100 bucks to sit in the back, I'd better be able to see.

You know, if the screens are seriously interfering with your enjoyment of the show, you might want to rethink even going in the first place. Is it that big a deal?

I don't really care about them one way or the other, though if they are a bar to them mixing the setlist up, I'd like them to go.

Hey, what would The Main Monkey Business be without monkey sex on the screen...c'mon now!

I don't need any pictures on a screen to know the meaning of a song or to keep the excitement going. When i enjoy a song i don't need videos, just a simple light show give me the effect i need. (maybe a beer or two also...) common001.gif

Yeah, screens suck. I say they should put up a big white sheet with Rush spray painted on it in back of Neil. That would be rad. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (RUDT @ May 30 2010, 06:47 AM)
I don't enjoy anymore watching a show of Rush with screen in the back like your watching some videos. I just want see a good light show like they did decades ago when they were not too much screens projections. I don't want be distract by all that stuff. What about you? comp26.gif

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61/ashpkt/andy-rooney.png

I didn't know Andy Rooney was a RUSH fan

cool10.gif

While I'd be happy with an ESL-type stage show - just one screen in the back for images and a light show (sans cheesy lasers), the big screens that have been used serve a good purpose for fans not lucky enough to get seats close, and should stay.

QUOTE (GotRush @ Jun 5 2010, 06:05 PM)
yes.gif I want Screen's , Big , HD Style

yes.gif I want Smoke

yes.gif I want Fire

yes.gif I want Lights & Lasers

yes.gif

QUOTE (hazlnut @ May 30 2010, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (RUDT @ May 30 2010, 07:47 AM)
I don't enjoy anymore watching a show of Rush with screen in the back like your watching some videos. I just want see a good light show like they did decades ago when they were not too much screens projections. I don't want be distract by all that stuff. What about you? comp26.gif

Um... no.

And the people in the nose bleed seat love the screens.

"The joy and pain that we receive must be what we deserve."

If someone cant afford the great seats, well then, they just arent trying hard enough in life.

In fact they might not even be human at all.

laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 30 2010, 08:38 AM)
They are also a good excuse for them to trot out the "comedy" sketches. And I use that word loosely -- Bob and Doug McKenzie's intro was embarrassingly unfunny.

If you've ever seen South Park, you'd really have thought that the Tom Sawyer intro last tour was amazing for any song, any band ever, for so many reasons.