What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 3 2006, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Oct 2 2006, 05:46 PM)
I'm reading a book called A Saucerful of Secrets: The Pink Floyd Odyssey. It's very good so far. Talking about Syd's early days, before he 'cracked', as they put it.  sad.gif

That's a great book. yes.gif

Right now I'm finishing House of Thunder by Koontz (one of the few Koontz books I've never read) and then I'm moving on to:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/0743272234.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38804887_.jpg

Glad to hear someone else has read and enjoyed it. I'll let you know when I'm done with it Ghostgirl, and tell ya what I think. wink.gif

Chemistry!

I need to get Roadshow soon, after I finish Chemistry.

Also, has anyone read either of the Pink Floyd books, "Saucerful of Secrets" or "Inside Out." I'd like to read one or maybe both of them, cant decide which to get. I know that Inside Out is written by the drummer, Nick Mason. Your Opinons on either of them and/or reviews are greatly appreciated.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/9780553378658.jpg

Reread, Talking about Eckert sparked my interest again!

Sort of the companion piece to the winning of America series, deals with the Ohio river valley and the first westward expansion by colonists.

I'm finishing off two very contrasting books; Spiderman: The Other saga (12 spiderman issues collected as a graphic novel) and a re-read of Don DeLillo's Underworld...

Here's how my copies look, the spiderman is new, DD's is a copy I bought in the 90s...

http://www.superheroesetc.co.il/images/Moshe/SMOTHER_HC_cover.jpg

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n10/n50351.jpg

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Oct 5 2006, 04:07 PM)
Chemistry!

I need to get Roadshow soon, after I finish Chemistry.

Also, has anyone read either of the Pink Floyd books, "Saucerful of Secrets" or "Inside Out." I'd like to read one or maybe both of them, cant decide which to get. I know that Inside Out is written by the drummer, Nick Mason. Your Opinons on either of them and/or reviews are greatly appreciated.

I'm reading Saucerful of Secrets right now. It's very good. However, it is really sad to read about Syd Barrett slowly losing all grip on reality.

I just found a book on the shelf called "The Whispering Mountain," by Joan Aiken. Looks like it might me a little on the juvenile side...but I'm giving it a chance. Nick Hornby is next...I think it's called "The Importance of Being Good," or something like that.

trink39.gif

Just finished Othello in school on Thursday. My English teacher says we will be starting "Catcher In The Rye" next week. She also said sometime this year we will read "Animal Farm" by George Orwell & "Anthem" by Ayn Rand. I've heard many good things about these books, hopefully I'll understand them well. unsure.gif

Flight prices & schedules to Alaska laugh.gif

8-12 hour flight?! ph34r.gif

I am probably the only person in America who is STILL reading Da Vinci Code. Soooo tired of reading this damn book. Why isn't it keeping my interest? zzzzzzzzzz.....must finish book before I can see the movie....will surely be out on DVD by then.

I loved The Da Vinci Code and read it in one setting because I was so enthralled I couldn't put it down.

Now, this was 2 years ago, before it had been hyped to death, so that may have made a difference.

I think I am missing my "enthralled" gene...lol. It's been replaced by my "I'm so tired" gene and I keep falling asleep. Bet I would like it better if I were actually awake when I tried to read it. Now there's a thought....

schla03.gif

Taking a break from political stuff and treating myself to Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I'm trying to read a few more classics these days.

Currently reading:

The Night the DeFeos died: Reinvestigating the Amityville Murders - Ric Osuna

See...I'm an airhead, with substance laugh.gif

I am reading, Neil Pearts new book, "Roadshow" !! cool.gif

It's awesome.

Edited by launchpad67a

QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 28 2006, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Oct 28 2006, 08:45 AM)
I am reading, Neil Pearts new book, "Roadshow" !!  cool.gif
It's awesome.

where u at in the book, mr?

Page 40. Just got it yesterday.