Need some Love

Slacker

I always loved Geddy's vocals in this song from the first time i've heard it back when i was a wee lad... I pretty much love everything about it..

I think i would drop if the included it in the set list!!

"Well, I need what keeps a young man alive

I'm sayin' I need it now

I'm gonna get the message across to you

Some way, some how"

Awesome!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 22 2010, 04:58 PM)
craptastic song on easily my least favorite rush album

Great song from a great time, the beginning. I hope they play it. Yes, Captain Obvious, it is off most people's least favorite album, yet IMO "craptastic" is not a very fitting or reasonable description, especially from such a Creative Writing 101 mind. You can do better.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 22 2010, 07:55 PM)

Great song from a great time, the beginning. I hope they play it. Yes, Captain Obvious, it is off most people's least favorite album, yet IMO "craptastic" is not a very fitting or reasonable description, especially from such a Creative Writing 101 mind. You can do better.

i wouldn't say it's most people's least favorite album......TFE most likely gets that nod.......but anyhow, great song from a great album sums it up for me.....

not my favorite by any stretch but it's from 1974 so you gotta give Rush a break on this one, they did the best they could at the time. A simple little rock n roll song; no more, no less. I'd still rather hear it than anything they've done in the last 20 or so years.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 22 2010, 08:55 PM)

It's my opinion. I'm entitled. Just like you're entitled to enjoy their derivative period with aplomb.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 23 2010, 12:15 PM)

It's my opinion. I'm entitled. Just like you're entitled to enjoy their derivative period with aplomb.

"Need Some Love" is not a good song. It's derivative and simplistic and unimaginative. There are much better songs on the debut album, songs that show Rush's burgeoning talent. "Need Some Love" is not one of them. Yes, you can like it, heck, I enjoy a lot of "craptastic" songs, but that doesn't mean it's a good song.

I love this song, it just represents what I love about the first album, just really fun, brainless rock songs. The songs on that album are the only Rush songs that you could play a club or party where people might not actually leave, and may even dance to them. Love the energy on it, love geddy's vocals.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 23 2010, 01:42 PM)
I love this song, it just represents what I love about the first album, just really fun, brainless rock songs. The songs on that album are the only Rush songs that you could play a club or party where people might not actually leave, and may even dance to them. Love the energy on it, love geddy's vocals.

Oh, but you have forgotten about "The Weapon". It made Alex dance! yes.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 23 2010, 11:15 AM)

Fair enough biggrin.gif And thanks for the new vocabulary 'aplomb', cool. But I think I'll being using 'craptastic' a little more now. RUSH ( and Need Some Love) was put out in'74 and up against other releases at that time I think it still holds up as a closet classic, albeit simple and bit cheesy.

Archived