Scored Front Row Center for Allentown

Finding IT

I like seeing them anywhere, inside or out, but up front is an absolute blast. Of course, my kids no longer have a college fund, but I will pay the price and will not count the cost.

When they ask why they have to pay their own way to school, you can show them the pictures!

Nice job 1022.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 26 2010, 03:28 PM)
Sweet! Congratulations! Any tips for the rest of us?

Well, no big secret that scalpers/brokers/demons, etc. hold many seats like this. I don't have 1 - 2K a seat to buy front row at a big venue on a prime night so I looked at smaller venues and shows during the week. I paid $550 a piece for two in the front row in one of the two center sections. Definitely a wound, but not a mortal one.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 26 2010, 10:32 PM)
You only paid like 900 bucks more to sit 14 rows closer than me, seems silly but hey good luck to you

A lot of what you are willing to pay is tied to where you are in life. I am a middle-aged guy who has paid lotsa dues. I've seen the guys many times from the back, once from the front and all points in between (see my profile pic, my wife and I are the couple in bottom corner of the pic). All kidding aside, cash I have. The experience of front row is well worth the sheckles for me.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 27 2010, 12:31 AM)
Nice score, tickets go on sale for the MGM show in the morning, I think I'm going to try to see what kind of seats I can get at the box office but if I can't get anything good, I'm going to go through a broker.

www.ticketmaster.com

Good luck, buddy!

I'm surprised top tickets are that expensive in the US. I was looking at the Snakes & Arrows Tour page on Wikipedia and it had the number of tickets sold for each venue in the US plus the capacity. Many of the venues were only 1/3 sold and only 1 or 2 sellouts. Seems Rush is a lot hotter in Canada. For the past few tours there have been 2-3 shows per tour in Toronto at 16000-18000 capacity arenas, all shows sold out or nearly sold out.

It's best to see them in an out of the way place. On the last tour I bid on tickets with the John Labatt Centre auctions to see them in London, Ontario which is about a 2 hour drive from Toronto where I live. We got 2nd row centre seats for about $225 each. The front row center ones went for about $250-$300 each. The same seats in Toronto would have been at least $500 a pop. Plus you can make a trip out of it when going to a small town.

I'm liking this Sarnia gig as the front VIP section is general admission and the tickets are $150 each. Get there early and get right up front. U2 does the same thing with their shows for the past few tours.

Edited by Necromancer23

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Apr 27 2010, 05:28 PM)
You only paid like 900 bucks more to sit 14 rows closer than me, seems silly but hey good luck to you

A lot of what you are willing to pay is tied to where you are in life. I am a middle-aged guy who has paid lotsa dues. I've seen the guys many times from the back, once from the front and all points in between (see my profile pic, my wife and I are the couple in bottom corner of the pic). All kidding aside, cash I have. The experience of front row is well worth the sheckles for me.

This.

If you're making any kind of decent coin, $1000 is barely 1/2 of a bi-weekly salary. The one thing you can't buy is time. And Rush won't be around forever.

Great for you man. Enjoy the show!!

2.gif

I never looked at that picture closely, was that in Phila.? I see the shameless Comcast signage in the background.. who took that photo from that angle?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 27 2010, 08:46 PM)

I never looked at that picture closely, was that in Phila.? I see the shameless Comcast signage in the background.. who took that photo from that angle?

Yeah, it was in Philly. The picture was actually posted on rush.com. They had a couple photographers on and around the stage and one of them took the shot. If you'd like, take a look at the photos I shot that night at http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?i...55211&aid=64422

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Apr 28 2010, 04:10 AM)

Yeah, it was in Philly. The picture was actually posted on rush.com. They had a couple photographers on and around the stage and one of them took the shot. If you'd like, take a look at the photos I shot that night at http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?i...55211&aid=64422

AWESOME! I was at that show as well. Great photos!

QUOTE (Literatii @ Apr 27 2010, 09:25 PM)

This.

If you're making any kind of decent coin, $1000 is barely 1/2 of a bi-weekly salary. The one thing you can't buy is time. And Rush won't be around forever.

I guess I'm not making decent coin. doh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 28 2010, 05:14 AM)
QUOTE (Finding IT @ Apr 28 2010, 04:10 AM)

AWESOME! I was at that show as well. Great photos!

Didn't know that. Woulda been cool to meet you after reading your posts for the last couple years. Not sure if you remember, but at the end of the regular show after Tom Sawyer. Alex reached down and handed a pick and shook the hand of a guy in the front row. That was me. He said he liked my sign.

Take care.

I agree with you dude. If I had paid that much I wouldn't say that I "scored front row." I would say that I "got raped for front row."

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 28 2010, 12:58 PM)

I agree with you dude. If I had paid that much I wouldn't say that I "scored front row." I would say that I "got raped for front row."

Apparently what you call a raping I view as a quickie. Different strokes. Worth it to me.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Apr 28 2010, 03:27 PM)
Awesome.My friend scored front row center for the Philadelphia/Camden show.I'm jealous but she deserves it.She's an uber fan and has been trying to score front row seats since the Signals tour!

I'm hoping to get up to the Camden show. What do you know about the venue?

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 28 2010, 10:58 AM)

Rape shmape.

It's gonna feel gooooood!!

1022.gif Congrats, TIT! 1022.gif