I think the ticket prices are a f***ing disgrace

exiled yorkie

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 14 2010, 03:46 AM)
QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 13 2010, 09:16 PM)
Removed due to stupidity

Thanks, can you remove the whole f###ing thread? confused13.gif

Why, because you don't like it? Its quite simple, stop reading and posting in the thread if this post is the best you have to offer.

Perhaps you could either bring valid points to your posts or have a big cup of shut the f**k up.

Your just trolling and have nothing to offer.

To think that Rush had to raise ticket prices 30% or they will starve is lame brain.

Raising prices will end up costing them in the long run, and of this I am convinced. As I said in my last post, repeat customers who see multiple shows are the life blood of bands like Rush. If you think otherwise your disillusioned.

To those mocking those upset about the prices, I hope if you wind up in a tough financial situation, you stay true to your thoughts instead of being the hypocrite you will no doubt become. yes.gif atickhum.gif

and if you think bands like Iron Maiden who are charging less for tickets just so the fans can have a good time, your stoned. They are putting on big productions and paying Dream Theater, and still making money. There not doing it for charity.

Edited by tick

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took this post from Lakeside Maiden in the Mohegan Sun thread...

"This will be a last minute add on, I'm afraid. We just don't have the extra money right now, so the Gahden will have to be our only definite stop for this tour."

This thought illustrates my point. She and her husband would normally do both shows but due to the economy and high ticket prices they may only do one. This will happen more often then not.

I have to agree with Tick completely....i am one of those multiple show fans and because of what the ticket prices are, especially in the new york metro area, i have to rethink my plans this tour....i would rather drive to syracuse for three hours and pay $65 for a ticket close to the stage than go to PNC, which is an hour away, for $190....

it's the same show, i think its outrageous for the tickets to be so high in the new york area.....yes, some people make a ton of money in new york, but most of us in the NJ suburbs are just working stiffs like everyone else....

so a ticket in allentown, pa is $85, but the same seat at PNC is $190....

I can't imagine skipping the PNC show, but i don't want the lawn and the last time i went there for Rush I was in Row S of the 100 level and I still felt too far back....

On the last tour for Jones Beach, I sat halfway up the grandstand for half the price of the orchestra and because the venue is on the water, i really enjoyed the scenery and enjoyed the whole show, the lighting etc. I made a decision for that one show to sit further back and I enjoyed it, but normally i like to be in the first 10 rows from the stage, but because of the high prices and the VIP thing (don't get me started) I'm really not sure what to do this tour...

If you look back at your stubs from 2002, 2004, 2007, check out the ticket prices, way more reasonable than they are now....yeah, i know its been a few years and things go up, but its like health care insurance and college, they shouldn't go up 300%

QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ Apr 14 2010, 01:28 AM)
They run a business, and they're trying to make as much money out of it as they can, like most businesses. That's the whole point of business. If you can't pay for the tickets, someone else can - or else they wouldn't be charging this much.

Really? and just how do you know this to be the case? None of us know if ticket sales are going to be good or bad at this point? Your making an assumption that what your saying is true. I will wait to see what transpires as far as the numbers. Then we will know the story.

It sucks die hard fans are forced to choose the lawn this tour because they can't afford a seat.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 14 2010, 09:18 AM)
It sucks die hard fans are forced to choose the lawn this tour because they can't afford a seat.

This is the part that pisses me off.

I made mention of this on a different thread, but Ticketmaster has their own form of scalping (auctions) going on to sell the front rows of seats. Minimum bids STARTING at $190 each.

This is crap. What this means is most die-hard fans will have to either be rich, pay up the money, or move to the back of the lawns.

This is the main issue I have. Why should the die-hards who have stuck wtih the band forever have to sit in the back with binoculars while people who may not like the band as much, but have the expendible cash be 5 feet from Ged, Alex, and Neil.

That disturbs me. eh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 13 2010, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 13 2010, 09:58 PM)
Either you can pay or you can't. The prices won't change with whining. We already have enough damn threads about this.

P.S. Maiden plays a shorter set and isn't worth as much as Rush. And yes I've seen Maiden before.

In all due respect, people have the right to voice there displeasure at the extreme prices this tour.

Saying that Maiden isn't worth as much as Rush is certainly just your own bias opinion, and not a fact. Also, you have Dream Theater opening for them which brings extra value to the ticket.

The bottom line is, PNC is 155 bucks a ticket plus fees and that equates to nearly 200 bucks a ticket. I love the way people will spin it to justify Rush charging this price because they need to or they will starve. That's a load of crap. Its a choice made between them and there management and we will see if it backfires as they try to do back to back tours.

The disillusioned diehard fan thinks because he loves Rush and will pay anything to see them that the average fan will as well. That is not the case and Rush rely's are a core fan base that see's multiple shows in multiple cities every tour. That is just a fact. If you think high prices will not effect the fans that usually go to 3 or 4 shows, think again.

Dream Theater made the mistake of underestimating the economy by doing a full fledged Progressive Nation tour first instead of the tour for there new album. The result was not being able to do the 2010 album tour due to the economy. The hater will say its because Dream Theater sucks but the fact is, this economy is in deep shit and thinking your bullet proof to that because your Rush is silly. They are not as big as you think they are, and high prices will mean smaller box office numbers. The guy that wants to take his girl or kid to a show at 75 dollars a ticket is going to think a little harder on if its worth it if the ticket is double that price. Think I'm wrong? You should think again.

Excellent post all the way around.

trink39.gif

I'm guessing most of the folks asking "whiners" to shut up already aren't in a pickle one way or the other and that going to these shows just isn't an issue for them, financially or otherwise. That's fine...but show some compassion for some other folks. Is that so difficult? No one's asking for a handout, just an ear....

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 14 2010, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 14 2010, 03:46 AM)
QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 13 2010, 09:16 PM)
Removed due to stupidity

Thanks, can you remove the whole f###ing thread? confused13.gif

Why, because you don't like it? Its quite simple, stop reading and posting in the thread if this post is the best you have to offer.

Perhaps you could either bring valid points to your posts or have a big cup of shut the f**k up.

To think that Rush had to raise ticket prices 30% or they will starve is lame brain.

Raising prices will end up costing them in the long run, and of this I am convinced. As I said in my last post, repeat customers who see multiple shows are the life blood of bands like Rush. If you think otherwise your disillusioned.

To those mocking those upset about the prices, I hope if you wind up in a tough financial situation, you stay true to your thoughts instead of being the hypocrite you will no doubt become. yes.gif atickhum.gif

and if you think bands like Iron Maiden who are charging less for tickets just so the fans can have a good time, your stoned. They are putting on big productions and paying Dream Theater, and still making money. There not doing it for charity.

Well said trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 11:05 AM)
Either you can pay or you can't. The prices won't change with whining. We already have enough damn threads about this.

P.S. Maiden plays a shorter set and isn't worth as much as Rush. And yes I've seen Maiden before.

In all due respect, people have the right to voice there displeasure at the extreme prices this tour.

Saying that Maiden isn't worth as much as Rush is certainly just your own bias opinion, and not a fact. Also, you have Dream Theater opening for them which brings extra value to the ticket.

The bottom line is, PNC is 155 bucks a ticket plus fees and that equates to nearly 200 bucks a ticket. I love the way people will spin it to justify Rush charging this price because they need to or they will starve. That's a load of crap. Its a choice made between them and there management and we will see if it backfires as they try to do back to back tours.

The disillusioned diehard fan thinks because he loves Rush and will pay anything to see them that the average fan will as well. That is not the case and Rush rely's are a core fan base that see's multiple shows in multiple cities every tour. That is just a fact. If you think high prices will not effect the fans that usually go to 3 or 4 shows, think again.

Dream Theater made the mistake of underestimating the economy by doing a full fledged Progressive Nation tour first instead of the tour for there new album. The result was not being able to do the 2010 album tour due to the economy. The hater will say its because Dream Theater sucks but the fact is, this economy is in deep shit and thinking your bullet proof to that because your Rush is silly. They are not as big as you think they are, and high prices will mean smaller box office numbers. The guy that wants to take his girl or kid to a show at 75 dollars a ticket is going to think a little harder on if its worth it if the ticket is double that price. Think I'm wrong? You should think again.

trink39.gif

I'm guessing most of the folks asking "whiners" to shut up already aren't in a pickle one way or the other and that going to these shows just isn't an issue for them, financially or otherwise. That's fine...but show some compassion for some other folks. Is that so difficult? No one's asking for a handout, just an ear....

As my good friend Metadad would say, "Egg zactly" atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 14 2010, 07:33 AM)

No, because I don't care for his language (which I was mocking) and especially the attack on Mara:

f***ing

Bullshit

crap

shitty

You can shove it in that nice x-ray picture as far as Im concerned.

But thanks for asking. wacko.gif fing.gif

Go ahead and bitch all you want, but let's at least remain respectful.

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 14 2010, 11:02 AM)
I like to whine about people whining about other people whining.  tongue.gif

...if you're serving it up with some wine I'll join in. wink.gif

whine not? trink39.gif

Edited by tangy

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 10:05 AM)

trink39.gif

I'm guessing most of the folks asking "whiners" to shut up already aren't in a pickle one way or the other and that going to these shows just isn't an issue for them, financially or otherwise.

Oh really? Assumptions assumptions. I actually am not in a position to go throwing money evrywhere I want to either, but I do what I must. I have taken on extra shifts at work to pay for my Toronto voyage for Rush as my Dad feels that its my responsibility to pay for these sorts of things and not him. So if you honestly think that someone is sick and tired of the whining because they can afford the show, think again.

Edited by Alex

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 14 2010, 03:11 PM)
Ok so If a ticket cost $85 in PA and is $ 190 bucks in NJ and those two places are less than 3 hours away from each other, then something is wrong in Rush world.

Promoter world is more like it.

Agree....swings like that are completely whack.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 14 2010, 03:45 PM)

trink39.gif

I'm guessing most of the folks asking "whiners" to shut up already aren't in a pickle one way or the other and that going to these shows just isn't an issue for them, financially or otherwise.

Oh really? Assumptions assumptions. I actually am not in a position to go throwing money evrywhere I want to either, but I do what I must. I have taken on extra shifts at work to pay for my Toronto voyage for Rush as my Dad feels that its my responsibility to pay for these sorts of things and not him. So if you honestly think that someone is sick and tired of the whining because they can afford the show, think again.

Alex, no offense but your young and you can focus on saving money for a concert. When you have a wife, kid and a mortgage, it really doesn't matter what you want to save for sometimes, its what you have to save for that counts. No offense buddy. trink39.gif

I still think one way or another I will wind up at a show on this tour, and if not I will go next year if I can.

With 37 shows under my belt, its a little easier for me to not attend if I can't afford it.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 14 2010, 02:45 PM)

trink39.gif

I said "I'm guessing" and "most," which surely doesn't mean "all" by its very definitition. There's room for you as well. wink.gif

I actually HAVE the money right now. Boom. Could just go charge it and be done. Today I find out I'm staring down a nearly $1,500 car repair bill and I'm sorta glad a couple/few hundred of that is not now gone. So I want to go....I sorta can go....but it'd be a lot easier a choice to make if the tickets weren't so blasted high.

On a more realistic note I'm seeing Porcupine Tree (Neil Peart loves 'em...check em out) on April 28 for $30. I can do that all day long. wink.gif

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 14 2010, 04:11 PM)
Ok so If a ticket cost $85 in PA and is $ 190 bucks in NJ and those two places are less than 3 hours away from each other, then something is wrong in Rush world.

My best guess there is that the venue sticks the band accordingly, depending on how many acts are competing for the same dates. Just a guess, though -

For example, I'm betting the MN State Fair isn't as pricey to book as SPAC.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 14 2010, 04:20 PM)

trink39.gif

I said "I'm guessing" and "most," which surely doesn't mean "all" by its very definitition. There's room for you as well. wink.gif

I actually HAVE the money right now. Boom. Could just go charge it and be done. Today I find out I'm staring down a nearly $1,500 car repair bill and I'm sorta glad a couple/few hundred of that is not now gone. So I want to go....I sorta can go....but it'd be a lot easier a choice to make if the tickets weren't so blasted high.

On a more realistic note I'm seeing Porcupine Tree (Neil Peart loves 'em...check em out) on April 28 for $30. I can do that all day long. wink.gif

Damn, I feel your pain on the car repair. I had to spend $1200 last December for emissions crap (thanks oh so f-cking much, Clean Air Act). Fortunately I have the mechanic from God who charged $300 less than the Toyota folks would have.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM)

trink39.gif

Damn, I feel your pain on the car repair. I had to spend $1200 last December for emissions crap (thanks oh so f-cking much, Clean Air Act). Fortunately I have the mechanic from God who charged $300 less than the Toyota folks would have.

f**k, I know. That emissions testing is a racket!

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM)

trink39.gif

Oh very good!! Sorry to hear about your recent woes too. UGH.

I like my mechanic too. Head gasket needs replacing and the age of the car is making it a necessity to replace a bunch of other seals while they're in there. God only knows what else they'll find.

Snakes and Arrows Tour(s) I was better off financially and saw RUSH 6 or 7 times including flying over to Europe to do so. I budgeted my ass off for this awesome lucky assed luxury I got to indulge in.

This time I will likely "only" be able to afford to see them once, it will be the closest venue to me and I won't be forking out tickets for friends and family like I sometimes do.

But you won't hear me moaning and whining like a little bitch blaming RUSH for the ticket prices. Get with the f**king program people. Two years ago I went to see an NHL regular season hockey game, and wanted good seats so we paid $175 EACH to be 8 rows away from the glass. This is the cost of entertainment which is a luxury. Concert prices are NOT out of line with similar events and we live in something called a "free market" society.

You down on your luck like lots of people are? I feel terrible for you and hope things turn around fast. You want to afford front row and can only afford 400 level or lawns or not even go? As a fellow Rush cultist I feel TERRIBLE for you, truly.

But for those of you who need to go on and on creating multiple threads blaming Rush for this shit and whining and whining. Shut your frigging pie-holes already. You are the ones who are being a "f**king disgrace" like the brainiac topic creator so succinctly put it. I can't afford the Ferrari I'd like to buy this summer but you don't hear me cry about it.

A RUSH TOUR is a glorious and awesome and exuberant event for us all, and it should be celebrated here on this forum like no other! Cut the negative whiny bullshit and let's have some fun around this place. The time has never been better to be a RUSH FAN.

Edited by Godeater2112

Good point, GE. I don't know what the comparison is for the UK, but the cost of attending a pro sports event here makes a Rush show look like a steal. (Assuming you want to have seats allowing you to see that you are in fact watching a sporting event and not the goings-on in an ant farm. The ant-farm seats are usually fairly cheap. Of course there's the $20 to park. . .)

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 14 2010, 03:43 PM)
Snakes and Arrows Tour(s) I was better off financially and saw RUSH 6 or 7 times including flying over to Europe to do so. I budgeted my ass off for this awesome lucky assed luxury I got to indulge in.

This time I will likely "only" be able to afford to see them once, it will be the closest venue to me and I won't be forking out tickets for friends and family like I sometimes do.

But you won't hear me moaning and whining like a little bitch blaming RUSH for the ticket prices. Get with the f**king program people. Two years ago I went to see an NHL regular season hockey game, and wanted good seats so we paid $175 EACH to be 8 rows away from the glass. This is the cost of entertainment which is a luxury. Concert prices are NOT out of line with similar events and we live in something called a "free market" society.

You down on your luck like lots of people are? I feel terrible for you and hope things turn around fast. You want to afford front row and can only afford 400 level or lawns or not even go? As a fellow Rush cultist I feel TERRIBLE for you, truly.

But for those of you who need to go on and on creating multiple threads blaming Rush for this shit and whining and whining. Shut your frigging pie-holes already. You are the ones who are being a "f**king disgrace" like the brainiac topic creator so succinctly put it. I can't afford the Ferrari I'd like to buy this summer but you don't hear me cry about it.

A RUSH TOUR is a glorious and awesome and exuberant event for us all, and it should be celebrated here on this forum like no other! Cut the negative whiny bullshit and let's have some fun around this place. The time has never been better to be a RUSH FAN.

Great 10,000th post! tongue.gif

Seriously, I think there's some honest frustration out there, but some of the complaining is just completely out of control.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 14 2010, 04:43 PM)
Snakes and Arrows Tour(s) I was better off financially and saw RUSH 6 or 7 times including flying over to Europe to do so.  I budgeted my ass off for this awesome lucky assed luxury I got to indulge in.

But you won't hear me moaning and whining like a little bitch blaming RUSH for the ticket prices.  Get with the f**king program people.  Two years ago I went to see an NHL regular season hockey game, and wanted good seats so we paid $175 EACH to be 8 rows away from the glass.  This is the cost of entertainment which is a luxury.  Concert prices are NOT out of line with similar events and we live in something called a "free market" society.

You down on your luck like lots of people are?  I feel terrible for you and hope things turn around fast.  You want to afford front row and can only afford 400 level or lawns or not even go?  As a fellow Rush cultist I feel TERRIBLE for you, truly.

But for those of you who need to go on and on creating multiple threads blaming Rush for this shit and whining and whining.  Shut your frigging pie-holes already.  You are the ones who are being a "f**king disgrace" like the brainiac topic creator so succinctly put it.  I can't afford the Ferrari I'd like to buy this summer but you don't hear me cry about it. 

A RUSH TOUR is a glorious and awesome and exuberant event for us all THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD IT , and it should be celebrated here on this forum like no other!  Cut the negative whiny bullshit and let's have some fun around this place. The time has never been better to be a RUSH FAN.

Fixed it for you.