I think the ticket prices are a f***ing disgrace

exiled yorkie

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Apr 16 2010, 10:09 AM)
Jethro Tull was boring in their heyday! Rush fans are funny. For months there was so much angst and whining about no tour info etc. Now we have a tour and there is angst and whining about ticket prices. When the tour starts there will be angst and whining about the set list. Just sit back and enjoy. The fact they are still doing this after 35+ years is a total bonus for this fan.

Amen Brother. trink39.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the time to read this entire thread, so my apologies for the inevitable repetition, but I'll chime in on the VIP tickets.

I love Rush, and anyone who really knows me knows that's true. However in this economy, with a family and bills, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a ticket. I understand they are hooking people up with lots of extra stuff to make it attractive but I just can't do it. 2 tickets, hotel and travel. I sure wish I could.

However, I don't think the ticket prices are an f'ing disgrace. I don't begrudge Rush for giving fans this option. And really, $300 isn't bad for these VIP tickets, if that's what they cost. Kiss has similar options that cost much more than that.

Bottom line is that if I had it, I'd probably do it. I don't, so I won't. I'll still go to the show, enjoy the music and not have to worry about my house being repossessed by skipping a mortgage payment. Maybe next year I'll have won the lottery and I can buy up ALL the VIP tickets!!!!!

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 17 2010, 08:08 AM)
I don't have the time to read this entire thread, so my apologies for the inevitable repetition, but I'll chime in on the VIP tickets. 

I love Rush, and anyone who really knows me knows that's true.  However in this economy, with a family and bills, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a ticket.  I understand they are hooking people up with lots of extra stuff to make it attractive but I just can't do it.  2 tickets, hotel and travel.  I sure wish I could. 

However, I don't think the ticket prices are an f'ing disgrace.  I don't begrudge Rush for giving fans this option.  And really, $300 isn't bad for these VIP tickets, if that's what they cost.  Kiss has similar options that cost much more than that.

Bottom line is that if I had it, I'd probably do it.  I don't, so I won't.  I'll still go to the show, enjoy the music and not have to worry about my house being repossessed by skipping a mortgage payment.  Maybe next year I'll have won the lottery and I can buy up ALL the VIP tickets!!!!!

I don't really think this thread was a knock on V.I.P. prices? I think it was a commentary on the overall price of tickets and the fact that many venues have greatly increased there prices.

Now, as many know, I love a good debate so I have chimed in several times in this thread with my point of view. However I won't go as far as to call the prices a "f***ing disgrace", I would just call them uncalled for and unnecessary in a weak economy, but that's just my opinion. atickhum.gif

Edited by tick