What will Geddy have behind him this time?

AVman9

Dryers, vending machines, chicken roasters...what's next?

I'm hoping for a replica of the Back to the Future DeLorean or something to fit the "Time Machine" theme. cool.gif

What do you guys think?

QUOTE (spok @ Apr 12 2010, 02:35 PM)
Hopefully the full analog setup of Neils Bells, blocks, gongs, African drums, glockenspiels and whatever else he needs to truly play a gig for the time machine tour

I agree, but the random stuff behind Geddy was meant to fill in the gap where his amps used to be before he started porting the bass directly through the PA. As I recall Neil had all that stuff even when Geddy still had his amps...

Edited by AVman9

Howbout scantly clad bossomy young women in cages?

QUOTE (PlaysLikeMyung @ Apr 12 2010, 02:47 PM)
I'm cool with the DeLorean

Or the Time Machine from "The Time Machine"

This sounds real right here.

QUOTE (AVman9 @ Apr 12 2010, 02:29 PM)
Dryers, vending machines, chicken roasters...what's next?

I'm hoping for a replica of the Back to the Future DeLorean or something to fit the "Time Machine" theme. cool.gif

What do you guys think?

That actually is a good idea. Call Ray at the office and see if they can make it happen...

Let's all face up and admit, even though Alex stands in front of an impressive array of stacks, few if any of them are actually being utilized in shows these days! He has in-ears just like everyone else! I think it's funny that he has a bunch of empty (hollowed-out) stacks behind him and funnier that Geddy sort of pokes fun at that with his curious assortment of late.

As to my suggestion for this tour?

A hodge-podge of clocks, all keeping good time.

QUOTE (OliasOfDelaware @ Apr 13 2010, 01:36 PM)
Let's all face up and admit, even though Alex stands in front of an impressive array of stacks, few if any of them are actually being utilized in shows these days! He has in-ears just like everyone else! I think it's funny that he has a bunch of empty (hollowed-out) stacks behind him and funnier that Geddy sort of pokes fun at that with his curious assortment of late.

As to my suggestion for this tour?

A hodge-podge of clocks, all keeping good time.

It seemed to me, last time I saw them in 2008, that the guitar sound was coming from the stacks. All artists nowadays have in-ears so they can hear all the other instruments as well. I suppose I could be dead wrong, but it just didn't sound like the guitar was coming through the PA.

QUOTE (OliasOfDelaware @ Apr 13 2010, 02:36 PM)
Let's all face up and admit, even though Alex stands in front of an impressive array of stacks, few if any of them are actually being utilized in shows these days!  He has in-ears just like everyone else!  I think it's funny that he has a bunch of empty (hollowed-out) stacks behind him and funnier that Geddy sort of pokes fun at that with his curious assortment of late.

His amps or cabinets have never been fake or hollowed out. However, at least since he has used the H&K set-up, there is one stack that is a "spare", in case something goes wrong. Only three of the four are "in use" at any one time, but they're all powered up and ready to go. He either uses two Switchblades and one TriAmp, or the other way around. And of those three, he's probably only using one at a time depending on what sound he's looking for, on a particular song.

The in-ear monitors are used instead of large monitors on the floor. They are mobile, and can be mixed easier to get the mix of sound each member wants to hear, and it cleans up the look of the stage itself. All three of them use in-ears now.

But you're right, the "bass backline" IS in jest of Alex's since Geddy just plugs into the PA directly, and to make the stage somewhat symmetrical.