Ever been on set for a TV show before?

udanax

So, I'm going to go and be on everybody's favorite show to watch when staying at home sick tomorrow, The Price is Right... This will be my first time going to the production of a live TV show. Who knows, maybe I'll win a new car lol...

Has anyone ever been on set for the filming of a TV show or movie before?

What was it like?

smile.gif

I was in the audience at a Letterman filming back on 4/21/09...or something like that...The Dead was the guest band.

It was fun.....they get you all wound up before you go in, and kept the audience excited and everything moved quickly to keep up the excitement and you leave as soon as it's over.

I was an audience member for an episode of Jerry Springer a while back. I had to be taken to the hospital after the guest, a hermaphrodite trailer park midget, threw a chair (intended for his bisexual transgender quadriplegic 2nd cousin ex-lover), missed, and nailed me in the forehead instead. Left a scar but well worth the experience.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

tongue.gif

Does the local evening news count?

I was on during a pre-election segment on early voting for poll workers (I used to do this for the extra cash). I never would have thought to pay any attention except that I knew the crew was there. They aired footage of my butt in a voting booth. laugh.gif

I once went to a taping of Oprah. I went with my girl friend at the time.

This is a true story. I totally forgot about the show, and about 2 months later, I was delivering auto parts to a service station, and the guy behind the counter had the Oprah show on his little TV. Wouldn't you know it, the Oprah show that I went to happened to be on, and Oprah was taking questions from someone right next to me. So I pointed to the TV and I told the guy..."that's me". The guy looks at me, and then the TV, and says "What's the shows topic?" I told him it was about woman being tormented by past lovers in prison. He looks at the TV and then me again, and yells out to the mechanics in the shop "Hey guys! The parts guy is on TV".

I don't think I have experienced a bigger coincidence in my life. laugh.gif

I was on the Bozo The Clown show in Chicago when I was a kid. I played a pin the tail on the donkey game and had thought I had it all figured out looking at how high the donkey's ass was and tried to hold the tail the same height.

What I forgot to figure on, was how far away the donkey was and ended up walking all behing the cameras and all over the damn place!

QUOTE (udanax @ Mar 15 2010, 11:17 PM)
So, I'm going to go and be on everybody's favorite show to watch when staying at home sick tomorrow, The Price is Right... This will be my first time going to the production of a live TV show. Who knows, maybe I'll win a new car lol...

Has anyone ever been on set for the filming of a TV show or movie before?

What was it like?

smile.gif

is it airing tomorrow or being taped tomorrow?

Keep us posted if it will be aired alter.

We taped today, but the show will air on April 20th. I wasn't picked as a contestant unfortunately, but Drew Carey did point me out during a commercial break and asked me a few questions, and someone from our group was picked as a contestant. If you manage to catch the show and see the guy who gets picked from the crowd of people wearing purple and gold (the dude is a red headed football player so he's not hard to miss), I give him a hi-five as he comes down. Also I'm the only one who has pigtails in the whole audience. It's surprising the way they pick contestants. I thought it was all done by random drawing of names, but they actually give you a mini interview before the show starts and pick based on that. Also I was surprised to see how streamline everything was on set. It was actually pretty amazing. Other than a few short places where the show was paused and reset for commercial breaks, and Drew Carey messing up his lines once, everything was set up pretty much just as you see it on TV. They also gave a lot of good stuff away, including one new car, 3 pairs of designer shoes, some expensive jewelery, a PS3, a 50 inch LCD TV and some other stuff I can't currently think of. That discludes the showcase showdown... Other than my voice being shot from how much they made us cheer, and how long I had to wait in line beforehand, I had a great time. I would reccomend anyone to go see an episode filmed if they are in the Hollyweird area. cool.gif

QUOTE (udanax @ Mar 16 2010, 08:49 PM)
We taped today, but the show will air on April 20th. I wasn't picked as a contestant unfortunately, but Drew Carey did point me out during a commercial break and asked me a few questions, and someone from our group was picked as a contestant. If you manage to catch the show and see the guy who gets picked from the crowd of people wearing purple and gold (the dude is a red headed football player so he's not hard to miss), I give him a hi-five as he comes down. Also I'm the only one who has pigtails in the whole audience. It's surprising the way they pick contestants. I thought it was all done by random drawing of names, but they actually give you a mini interview before the show starts and pick based on that. Also I was surprised to see how streamline everything was on set. It was actually pretty amazing. Other than a few short places where the show was paused and reset for commercial breaks, and Drew Carey messing up his lines once, everything was set up pretty much just as you see it on TV. They also gave a lot of good stuff away, including one new car, 3 pairs of designer shoes, some expensive jewelery, a PS3, a 50 inch LCD TV and some other stuff I can't currently think of. That discludes the showcase showdown... Other than my voice being shot from how much they made us cheer, and how long I had to wait in line beforehand, I had a great time. I would reccomend anyone to go see an episode filmed if they are in the Hollyweird area. cool.gif

I would love to go on the Price is Right. I started watching after Drew became host. I hear it's really tough to get in the studio though. Drew always talks about how long peeps had to wait in line.

I'll look for you on April 20th.

I was at a taping of The Bozo the clown show when I was in 4th grade. Didn't get picked for anything though.

Back in the 80's I was in some metal/hair band videos which I refuse to name for reasons known only to myself ph34r.gif

My freshman year I was at a taping of a show with Scott Baio and Willis Ames at Knotts Berry Farm. Geez I'm old! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I've been on a few live tv shows, but no game shows.

I have however worked on many movie sets, tv commercials and music video shoots; Maverick, Broken Arrow, Planet of the Apes, Evolution, Britney Spears, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Yamaha, SeaDoo, Wave Runner, Sommerset, National Geographic, Playboy, among others. They are always fun.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 17 2010, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (udanax @ Mar 16 2010, 08:49 PM)
We taped today, but the show will air on April 20th. I wasn't picked as a contestant unfortunately, but Drew Carey did point me out during a commercial break and asked me a few questions, and someone from our group was picked as a contestant. If you manage to catch the show and see the guy who gets picked from the crowd of people wearing purple and gold (the dude is a red headed football player so he's not hard to miss), I give him a hi-five as he comes down. Also I'm the only one who has pigtails in the whole audience. It's surprising the way they pick contestants. I thought it was all done by random drawing of names, but they actually give you a mini interview before the show starts and pick based on that. Also I was surprised to see how streamline everything was on set. It was actually pretty amazing. Other than a few short places where the show was paused and reset for commercial breaks, and Drew Carey messing up his lines once, everything was set up pretty much just as you see it on TV. They also gave a lot of good stuff away, including one new car, 3 pairs of designer shoes, some expensive jewelery, a PS3, a 50 inch LCD TV and some other stuff I can't currently think of. That discludes the showcase showdown... Other than my voice being shot from how much they made us cheer, and how long I had to wait in line beforehand, I had a great time. I would reccomend anyone to go see an episode filmed if they are in the Hollyweird area.  cool.gif

I would love to go on the Price is Right. I started watching after Drew became host. I hear it's really tough to get in the studio though. Drew always talks about how long peeps had to wait in line.

I'll look for you on April 20th.

Well, tickets do pretty much guarantee that you'll get in, but we did have to arrive ridiculously early. We got there 2 hours before we were scheduled to begin shooting, but it turned out to be more like 4 hours because they were running slow. It was well worth it though I think. I mean, at least for me it was.

QUOTE (udanax @ Mar 16 2010, 10:49 PM)

I work with a guy who won a Dodge Neon on the Price Is Right about 10 years ago. He got a voucher to buy one at a local dealership.

I've been in the Much Music audience, countless times for interviews with musicians ever since I've been like 14 or 15. I've also been in the MTV Canada audience when they interviewed Trailer Park Boys.. I was on camera quite a bit as I was sitting directly across from them on the floor seats, they actually remembered me later that week when I hung out with them at the ACC at a hockey game but that's another story.

Actually I was on a local kiddie tv show in cub scouts called Milton the milkman. I remember Milton getting mad at me, because they had this plastic mouse come down from ceiling on the set with fishing line "the birthday mouse" to sing happy birthday to the kid next to me. Kept coming down in front of me and I would smack it out of my way. While everyone was singing ,Milton in his old fashion Milk delivery uniform was muttering under his breath for me to stop it and getting irate red faced and yet still smiling at the camera. angry.gif biggrin.gif My den mother was pissed, but everyone at school who watched it made me the hero of the day! laugh.gif

QUOTE (udanax @ Mar 16 2010, 11:49 PM)

4/20 forever man cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif

For real?

GOOOD FOR YOU congratulations..sounds like a lotta fun!!

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 18 2010, 08:49 AM)
I've been in the Much Music audience, countless times for interviews with musicians ever since I've been like 14 or 15. I've also been in the MTV Canada audience when they interviewed Trailer Park Boys.. I was on camera quite a bit as I was sitting directly across from them on the floor seats, they actually remembered me later that week when I hung out with them at the ACC at a hockey game but that's another story.

Cool, you'll have to tell me about that sometime...

When I was about 15 I appeared on a kids show called "Tiswas" (a UK program long since put to rest), which was a Saturday morning live show with 2 or 3 presenters interviewing pop/tv stars of the day, playing trendy music, cartoons or episodes of Tarzan (Ron Ely) and letting the audience full of kids play games for prizes

There were two presenters sitting behind a desk facing the cameras: one presenter was Chris Tarrent; the other, the buxom delicious & incredibly teasing Sally James. And behind them were the kids & me, watching the mad goings-on in a largely unscripted 3 hours of juvenile behaviour

Happy days :-)

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 16 2010, 08:18 AM)
Does the local evening news count?
I was on during a pre-election segment on early voting for poll workers (I used to do this for the extra cash).  I never would have thought to pay any attention except that I knew the crew was there.  They aired footage of my butt in a voting booth.  laugh.gif

I've been a guest on our local TV station's morning and noon news shows. The programs devote a segment to upcoming community events, and a person representing the event organizer is interviewed. I appeared to promote a golf tournament fundraiser for the school district's teacher grants program.

One time when I appeared on the morning program, I was hung over from an Allman Brothers/Lynyrd Skynyrd concert the night before. My head was buzzing when I arrived at the studio at 5 a.m. The show's co-host, a friend who knew I was going to the concert, took one look at me in the guest waiting area and said I looked like I had a good time at the show. He offered me some doughnuts, but I refused. It wouldn't have been pretty if it all came back up on live TV.

I made it through the interview fine, though the bright studio lights made my head hurt even more. Later that morning, one of my fellow board members from the grants program complimented me on doing a good job on the interview, but she added that I looked like crap.

(Side note: One year, the golf tournament was played the day after Rush's R30 opener in Nashville. I made it home from the show about 4 a.m., slept a couple of hours, and was on the course by 7).

Other times I've been on TV include a roundtable sports talk program on a local cable channel and several appearances - ranging from sports anchor to audience member - on the student TV station when I was in college.

Edited by tupelobarchetta