Corey Haim dies

Xanadoood

Sad, - no surprise here either, rip Corey!

You know what just came to mind...

The worlds first and most renouned, exceptional, and... undeniably cutest child star has done quite well all her life! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

edited way better link RIGHT HERE

Edited by Tom Sawyer

I remember how the two Coreys (Haim and Feldman) were on the same career track, even appearing in some of the same films, and how both became troublemaking drug addicts around the same time, too. But I always assumed Feldman was worse than Haim.

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Mar 10 2010, 10:32 AM)

The worlds first and most renouned, exceptional, and... undeniably cutest child star has done quite well all her life! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thought she'd already passed. Nope! laugh.gif

In other news: Abe Vigoda is still alive.

I read he took 85 types of pills a day confused13.gif and people wonder why

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Mar 10 2010, 11:32 AM)

I love Shirley Temple Black.

The only "issue" she had that related to her status as child star was the fact that her parents spent every penny she earned on themselves. Once she turned 18 there was nothing left.

As a result, there are laws protecting the earnings of minors in the entertainment industry.

Count me in as a fan of "The Lost Boys". And which Corey was in "Stand By Me"????

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 10 2010, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Mar 10 2010, 11:32 AM)

The worlds first and most renouned, exceptional, and... undeniably cutest child star has done quite well all her life!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I love Shirley Temple Black.

The only "issue" she had that related to her status as child star was the fact that her parents spent every penny she earned on themselves. Once she turned 18 there was nothing left.

As a result, there are laws protecting the earnings of minors in the entertainment industry.

Count me in as a fan of "The Lost Boys". And which Corey was in "Stand By Me"????

The other Corey was in Stand by Me.

May i also ad this is about as shocking as Michael Jackson . Who next ? Andy Dick ? Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 10 2010, 10:33 AM)
I remember how the two Coreys (Haim and Feldman) were on the same career track, even appearing in some of the same films, and how both became troublemaking drug addicts around the same time, too. But I always assumed Feldman was worse than Haim.

Anyone ever see this show?

http://expressnightout.com/content/photos/20080707-coreys.jpg

I hate reality TV so I didn't watch it, but I did see one episode when a patient was watching it. Corey Feldman was the one who had it together. It's really sad what happens to kids who grow up in Hollywood.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 10 2010, 01:17 PM)
I remember how the two Coreys (Haim and Feldman) were on the same career track, even appearing in some of the same films, and how both became troublemaking drug addicts around the same time, too.  But I always assumed Feldman was worse than Haim.

I hate reality TV so I didn't watch it, but I did see one episode when a patient was watching it. Corey Feldman was the one who had it together. It's really sad what happens to kids who grow up in Hollywood.

Yeah I saw some of it...Haim was an ass the whole time

I remember how the two Coreys (Haim and Feldman) were on the same career track, even appearing in some of the same films, and how both became troublemaking drug addicts around the same time, too.  But I always assumed Feldman was worse than Haim.

See, that surprises me. I would've thought Feldman would be the worst of the two.

Just goes to show two things: I've lost touch with what Haim has been up to, and Feldman must've cared enough about himself to correct his issues and addictions.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 10 2010, 02:23 PM)

See, that surprises me. I would've thought Feldman would be the worst of the two.

Just goes to show two things: I've lost touch with what Haim has been up to, and Feldman must've cared enough about himself to correct his issues and addictions.

The episode I watched, Haim was a mess. Feldman was trying to help him get his life back in order and was letting Haim live in his house with him and his good looking wife.

http://www.aetv.com/the-two-coreys/images/cast/coreys_cast_image.jpg

I agree that from the characters they played, it would seem that Feldman would have turned out a mess. Haim looked like a clean smart kid.

I would never let my kid grow up as a movie star. no.gif

If this wasn't of his own doing I would probably feel sorrow. Not surprising, and hard to feel bad when he totally did it to himself. I hope he is now able to be at peace.

May the lost boy now be found. RIP Corey sad.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 10 2010, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 10 2010, 02:23 PM)

The episode I watched, Haim was a mess. Feldman was trying to help him get his life back in order and was letting Haim live in his house with him and his good looking wife.

http://www.aetv.com/the-two-coreys/images/cast/coreys_cast_image.jpg

I agree that from the characters they played, it would seem that Feldman would have turned out a mess. Haim looked like a clean smart kid.

I would never let my kid grow up as a movie star. no.gif

Not that any reality show is 100% "real", the first season of the show was completely fake and made up. Both actors admitted to playing "characters" the entire time. They broke away from that for the second season though. It wasn't a bad show actually. Any fan of theirs would have liked it.

Feldman cleaned up his act at some point along the way and it seems as though he took it upon himself to get Haim on the right track. If the show is to be believed they parted ways at the end, but I'm not sure how much of that you can believe.

Haim definitely struggled the most out of the two of them, it was very sad. Like others have said, sad but not surprising.

Though there is no doubt drugs probably played a huge part in Corey'e death it should be noted the the autopsy has revealed that he had an enlarged heart. Just sayin' that it was not neccessarily an overdose per se. (Toxicology reports in coming weeks will dtermine this or not.)

Regardless way too young to pass on...