I'm A "Fool For The City!" Are You?

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Feb 19 2010, 11:38 PM)
I liked them a lot. Midnight Oil was a serious song. And Roger Earl's drum fill in "I Just Wanna Make Love To You" is a classic. Loved Drivin' Wheel too. Great live band!

I totally agree! Great live band!

Roger Earl was awesome!!

Love,

Earl laugh.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Feb 20 2010, 11:46 PM)
QUOTE (Wartypig @ Feb 20 2010, 06:54 PM)
Foghat Live is one of the all time tip top rockin albums

It should have been a double album. I can't stand single live albums. That is when we used to have albums!

goodpost.gif

I hate that shit too. Especially when double live albums were pressed onto one aluminum cd!

Remember, they would have to cut a live track due to the cd limitations of time.

They even fukked with "Exit Stage Left" and "All The World's A Stage" when they were first pressed onto cd.

Can you name the one song off of each of those live albums that were totally deleted?

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Feb 21 2010, 06:46 AM)

It should have been a double album. I can't stand single live albums. That is when we used to have albums!

Yeah, what a pain in the ass. I had it on for the first time today, and the next thing, it was finished! 38 frigging minutes!

yes.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 21 2011, 02:33 PM)

yes.gif

That live version of "Honey Hush" is just blistering.

I always thought Rod Price was one of the more underrated slide players.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Feb 20 2010, 01:32 PM)
Sadly Foghat is still touring with one original member, the drummer?

Lonsome Dave and Rod Price have both passed away and it was quite a number of years ago. Dave Peverett died in Feruary 2000 and Rod died in March of 2005. The band reunited in the mid-90s and toured a couple of times and one of my larger concert regrets was not going to see them when they did reunite. Work and that shit precluded me from doing so, but I should've called in sick and gone anyway.

Fortunately, I saw them twice back in the day.....1976 and 1977 when they really were at their commercial peak and filling arenas. They were absolutely excellent live as the live album being discussed on this thread will attest to. For those of us that grew up in the 70s, these guys were in all our 8-track players and album collections. I had their first 9 albums and played them all very regularly.

Agree with the poster that said that Price is an underrated slide guitarist.

Strongly agree with the poster that said the live version of Honey Hush kicks major ass.

Highly recommend the DVD Foghat Live: Two Centuries of Boogie recorded in Dayton, Ohio in 1997 with all the original members. Available on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Foghat-Live-Two-Cent...19305956&sr=8-1

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Oct 22 2011, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Feb 20 2010, 01:32 PM)
Sadly Foghat is still touring with one original member, the drummer?

Lonsome Dave and Rod Price have both passed away and it was quite a number of years ago. Dave Peverett died in Feruary 2000 and Rod died in March of 2005. The band reunited in the mid-90s and toured a couple of times and one of my larger concert regrets was not going to see them when they did reunite. Work and that shit precluded me from doing so, but I should've called in sick and gone anyway.

Fortunately, I saw them twice back in the day.....1976 and 1977 when they really were at their commercial peak and filling arenas. They were absolutely excellent live as the live album being discussed on this thread will attest to. For those of us that grew up in the 70s, these guys were in all our 8-track players and album collections. I had their first 9 albums and played them all very regularly.

Agree with the poster that said that Price is an underrated slide guitarist.

Strongly agree with the poster that said the live version of Honey Hush kicks major ass.

Highly recommend the DVD Foghat Live: Two Centuries of Boogie recorded in Dayton, Ohio in 1997 with all the original members. Available on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Foghat-Live-Two-Cent...19305956&sr=8-1

trink39.gif

Will check out that DVD! I'm thoroughly enjoying these guys.

Foghat Live is a killer of an album