Overall Favorite Rush Album

RushRevisited

What is your favorite Rush studio album?  

1146 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rush studio album?

• Rush (Original Album)
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback

Signals. By a country mile.

MP is the defining landmark effort, but Signals is their best collaboration in tems of tone, flow, and depth. Pure perfection.

The core of absolute Rush: 2112, Waves, MP, Signals, GUP.

Personally, I think Kings and Hemispheres get a lot of overblown credit, but that's just me.

Edited by Van Squalen

I know it sounds odd, but Roll the Bones. It was my first full length Rush album, and I immediately fell in love with it.

2.gif

Edited by xx2112xx

Jeez that's really tough but I think right now it's Permanent Waves.

This is one of those questions that is near impossible, I could write an essay on each and every album saying exactly why I love it. There's some magic on every single one of them and as I just explained in my latest fanboygasm over on the main forum Rush have completely ruined any other band for me, nothing will ever live up to what they have created, quite.

Right now I've got the urge to go with 2112. Odd because usually you'll find my top three is a cycle of either Caress Of Steel, A Farwell To Kings and Hemispheres... okay Power Windows sneaks in too. Hahaha.

Seems I've already voted in this poll, probably for one of those four and I don't remember which but given the chance right now I'd go with 2112. Just been sat downstairs playing along on bass to the title track and thought wow... there's nothing like this.

Ask me in the morning and chances are I'll have something different. Leave me alone in the dark with my headphones and Roll The Bones or whatever else for a few hours and I'll come out and say that. For me its impossible or maybe I'm just a cheating son of a bitch. laugh.gif

It's been PW for me for YEARS, but recently I think I actually prefer p/g-

With every one a winner, a 5 star, top tier, well matured masterpiece that never stales...ladies and gentlemen I give you...drum roll please Professor...NeilFinal.gif..Moving Pictures...followed extremely closely by 2112 and then Permanent Waves cheer.gif 2.gif cheer.gif

My brain nearly asplode thinking about this, in the end I had to do it by discarding albums that had even one track that was less than ecstasy-inducing (sorry, MP: Vital Signs is your achilles' heel). Until I got it down to two: Hemispheres and Permanent Waves. Hemispheres won, but only because SOtR's clunky reggae section and the lyrics of Entre Nous - pretty weak I know, but that's baseball.

Even after so many years, every time I listen to Hemispheres it's as thrilling as getting laid while bungee-jumping in space - or something wacko.gif

Signals. Hands down.

It changes every day... but today it has been Signals.

Losing It is really the song of the moment, and I've been learning Subdivisions on keyboards.

On top of that, The Analog Kid has had a massive resurgence recently, and you can't really go wrong with Chemistry or the Weapon...

In order from worst to best

Rush

Test For Echo

Snakes and Arrows

Roll the bones

Presto

Fly By Night

Hold Your Fire

Signals

Caress of Steel

Grace under Pressure

Vapour trail