I Am Hoping For A Sequel: "IT MIGHT GET LOUD TOO!"

RUSHHEAD666

As I just brought up the "IT MIGHT GET LOUD" Thread back from the dead it just dawned on me that I hope they do a sequel to this Great Guitar Rockumentary!

Please list the next three guitar players you would like to see get together and shoot the shit, jam and play music from their past catalogs!

I'm stealing Alex Lifeson from all of you, but repeat him if you must! tongue.gif

1. ALEX LIFESON

2. BILLY GIBBONS

3. SLASH

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jan 10 2010, 11:58 PM)
Jonny Greenwood or Matt Bellamy as the more modern/composer type gutiarist
Brian May
Slash

Wow! Your first two picks are out there! I have never heard of them. Shame on me I guess!

I want to hear everything musically before I die, but I am sure that will be impossible.

May is AWESOME!

Nice to see you want SLASH too!

Love,

"Mr. Brownstone" 1022.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 11 2010, 12:10 AM)
Robert Fripp
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson

I was just about to sign off bud, but I love catching your posts around this time of night.

I think your picks are AWESOME!

You must be a G3 guy just like me! I saw the first G3 show, but I missed a bunch too.

Signed,

Satriani, Malmsteen, Vai wub.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 10 2010, 11:04 PM)
Brian May
Slash

Wow! Your first two picks are out there! I have never heard of them. Shame on me I guess!

I want to hear everything musically before I die, but I am sure that will be impossible.

May is AWESOME!

Love,

Jonny Greenwood - Radiohead

Matt Bellamy- Muse

If that helps.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 11 2010, 02:13 AM)
Robert Fripp
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson

I was just about to sign off bud, but I love catching your posts around this time of night.

You must be a G3 guy just like me! I saw the first G3 show, but I missed a bunch too.

Signed,

Earl, i own the G3 with malmsteen, vai and satch. Malmsteen looks SO out of place in the jam at the end! I was never a big fan of his. I love Eric Jonhson. I heard he wasnt all to pleased with being on that tour. He is different than vai and satch.

All amazing players in their own right though!

1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jan 11 2010, 12:15 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 10 2010, 11:04 PM)
Brian May
Slash

May is AWESOME!

Love,

Jonny Greenwood - Radiohead

Matt Bellamy- Muse

If that helps.

HAHAHA!! Working Man!! I have been EXPOSED!!

I have every Raidohead cd and ever MUSE cd yet I never even bothered do further research on the names.

Caught red handed. I mean red assed..... moon.gif

I've never seen RADIOHEAD, yet PuppetKing swears by them live.

I am sort of a newbie with MUSE and I do have my tickets to see them for the first time in Oakland.

I buy too much music man, and I never spend the time to learn it all.

Thanks for the help! I really needed it.

Earl

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 11 2010, 12:18 AM)
Robert Fripp
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson

Signed,

Earl, i own the G3 with malmsteen, vai and satch. Malmsteen looks SO out of place in the jam at the end! I was never a big fan of his. I love Eric Jonhson. I heard he wasnt all to pleased with being on that tour. He is different than vai and satch.

1022.gif trink39.gif

Yeah no doubt doood! I can seen Malmsteen being way out of place, but he is a fantastic Beethoven Shredder!

Eric Johnson is fantastic but he really doesn't fit in with Satch and Vai either.

Still I loved that first show.

I must tell you on a quick sidebar.

I got lucky a few years ago.

I type about my local record store on here all the time. Rasputin Records.

Well they had a contest. Fill out a paper and if you get picked you get to go to San Francisco and enter the famous Hyde Studios were Satriani recorded the "Surfing With The Alien" cd.

Well I got picked!!!!

I was able to get into that studio with about 44 other Satriani nuts and watch Joe and his band play the "Surfing With The Alien" album all the way through at Hyde!! The did a killer encore too!

It was amazing! The great Dave LaRue was on bass!!

After the show there was a meet an greet in the lobby on the way out.

I was able to talk to Joe for a couple of minutes. He signed my "Surfing 25th Anniversary" Poster and then I split!!!

Cheers bud!!

LONG LIVE ROCK! I NEED IT EVERYDAY!

Wife is calling! Cheers!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 11 2010, 02:33 AM)
Robert Fripp
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson

Signed,

1022.gif trink39.gif

Yeah no doubt doood! I can seen Malmsteen being way out of place, but he is a fantastic Beethoven Shredder!

Eric Johnson is fantastic but he really doesn't fit in with Satch and Vai either.

Well they had a contest. Fill out a paper and if you get picked you get to go to San Francisco and enter the famous Hyde Studios were Satriani recorded the "Surfing With The Alien" cd.

Well I got picked!!!!

I was able to get into that studio with about 44 other Satriani nuts and watch Joe and his band play the "Surfing With The Alien" album all the way through at Hyde!! The did a killer encore too!

I was able to talk to Joe for a couple of minutes. He signed my "Surfing 25th Anniversary" Poster and then I split!!!

Cheers bud!!

trink39.gif

Dude, thats awesome!..Did they recored that show? Cause ive seen in studio clips of him and his band playing stuff off of Surfin. Wonder if it was the same show?

Dave LaRue i think played with Steve Morse as well. Morse is another monster player!

Now that would be a kilelr lineup...Satch , Vai and Morse 1022.gif

trink39.gif

Eddie Van Halen

Alex Lifeson

Pete Townshend

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 11 2010, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 11 2010, 02:33 AM)
Robert Fripp
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson

Signed,

1022.gif trink39.gif

Well I got picked!!!!

Cheers bud!!

trink39.gif

Dude, thats awesome!..Did they recored that show? Cause ive seen in studio clips of him and his band playing stuff off of Surfin. Wonder if it was the same show?

Dave LaRue i think played with Steve Morse as well. Morse is another monster player!

Now that would be a kilelr lineup...Satch , Vai and Morse 1022.gif

trink39.gif

Yes! The classic rock radio station The Bone recorded it! They play it sometimes on the "Hot Lunch Special."

I wish they recorded it too with a pro video camera but I didn't see one in there.

Yes! LaRue was with Rod and Morse in one of the greatest country fried prog bands on the planet! THE DIXIE DREGS!!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 11 2010, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2010, 07:08 AM)
Eddie Van Halen
Alex Lifeson
Pete Townshend

chickendance.gif WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 11 2010, 12:01 PM)
i think the best G3 lineup was with Petrucci.

for those who saw the movie what did you think about Jack Whites influence Dexter Romweber?

for the next flick i will say

EVH
Prince
Lifeson

I thought about Prince (definitely one of my favorite guitar players of all time) but then thought if I really would like him in this movie because i mean....it's Prince and him in a movie would probably just make me dislike him even more. That's why I chose Slash. Seems like a much cooler guy all around.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jan 11 2010, 06:38 PM)

for those who saw  the movie what did you think about Jack Whites influence Dexter Romweber?

EVH
Prince
Lifeson

I thought about Prince (definitely one of my favorite guitar players of all time) but then thought if I really would like him in this movie because i mean....it's Prince and him in a movie would probably just make me dislike him even more. That's why I chose Slash. Seems like a much cooler guy all around.

Working Man, I must tell you that I don't like Prince at all, yet I do respect him has a Legendary Songwriter.

Saying that however, I read some reviews about his last three disc set that was only available through Target.

I had to buy it. I was blown away by his guitar playing. I never thought that Prince was a shredder on the guitar.

He is truly an amazing musician. 1022.gif

My fantasy would be:

Duane Allman

Jimi Hendrix

Warren Haynes

(through Jerry Garcia in there too for good measure).

If you insist on guitar players still breathing:

Alex Lifeson

Steve Howe

Warren Haynes

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 11 2010, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jan 11 2010, 06:38 PM)

for those who saw  the movie what did you think about Jack Whites influence Dexter Romweber?

EVH
Prince
Lifeson

Working Man, I must tell you that I don't like Prince at all, yet I do respect him has a Legendary Songwriter.

Saying that however, I read some reviews about his last three disc set that was only available through Target.

I had to buy it. I was blown away by his guitar playing. I never thought that Prince was a shredder on the guitar.

He is truly an amazing musician. 1022.gif

My three were based upon viability to draw in audiences and thought Prince probably would have a interesting perspective on things.

I am not really a fan but he is great guitarist. ( among other things )

if it was just who i really wanted to see it would be

lifeson

vai

buckethead- then again BH doesn't seem to talk much, if at all??

ok scratch BH and lets go with Ed Wynne of Ozric Tentacles. He is self taught and apparently can't read music, maybe thats why he sounds so unique.