The "Oh Sh8!" Thread

librarian

Ok. I know my threads are boring, but today I just have to throw this one in the pot so here it goes:

Today, I was driving to work in the snow (dammitt!) and I went to make a right turn going about 2 miles an hour to get onto the hwy. and I lost control of my car and skidded down the ramp and the entire time, I just yelled, "OH SH*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I took my feet off gas and break and just kept turning the wheel and amazingly AMAZINGLY I stopped about a hair - literally - from the rail of the ramp.

A car that passed me after I stopped gave me the thumbs up, which to me meant - you didn't crash in to the rail.

Whew!

Backround music playing in car at the time (no lie): Red Barchetta laugh.gif

Luckily, I take a bus to NYC from central NJ. And, I left at 5:30 this morning, so the snow was a non-event for me, since I wasn't driving, and it seemed to get worse as it approached witching hour. But, I saw a few spinouts this morning....and a few spindrifts for that matter laugh.gif

However, having grown up in the northeast, I know the feeling all too well. I've have several "Oh...Sh******t" moments...and even a few "Oh........F....U....D....G....E" moments. The "Oh FUDGE moments would be the ones where I actually hit the guardrail....tree....telephone pole, etc...

I wore my slippers to work this morning, as I sometimes do. (Yes, I wear slippers out in public. They're comfortable as hell, and they look like regular suede shoes, not fluffly bunny feet.) After I arrived, it began snowing and snowing... and I thought "Oh shit! If this accumulates, I'll have to walk back to my car - three blocks - through snow, in my slippers!"

Finished my workout (spin bike) and as is often my habit, took my feet out of the pedals and propped them on the handlebars while I finished watching the rest of the TV show I had on. Yeah, it's kind of a precarious position and my husband is always warning me that I am going to fall. . .

The shorts I had on weren't exactly the "grippiest", and I was basically all sweat from head to toe. Yep, my butt slid off the seat and I ALMOST fell. I don't know how I managed to defeat physics.

Won't be doing that anymore. If I had fallen there's a good chance I'd have struck my head on the metal rail of the rowing ergometer next to me.

As I was lunging for the bowl, I got out an 'oh shit' just before getting sick. Today is not a good day. sad.gif

Happy New Year.

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 31 2009, 03:29 PM)
As I was lunging for the bowl, I got out an 'oh shit' just before getting sick. Today is not a good day. sad.gif

Happy New Year.

Oh, my God! Are you ok? sad.gif

My "Oh Sh8" moment came when I found out 10 minutes before I left work today that I have to go into the office tomorrow. angry.gif

Our team was given a last minute, insane deadline by our client, Freddie Mac. So, files have to be reconciled by end of day tomorrow. Well... this has to be done through the main server, which I cannot connect to remotely from home. Only two of us know how to do this. The other person is out of town until Monday. Great. Wonderful. Thank you so much. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 31 2009, 05:29 PM)

Happy New Year.

Poor Pags. sad.gif No champagne for you tonight. (Not that you'd want any, I'm sure).

Feel better!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 31 2009, 05:57 PM)
My "Oh Sh8" moment came when I found out 10 minutes before I left work today that I have to go into the office tomorrow. angry.gif

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0809/bill-lumbergh-demotivational-poster-1220544895.jpg

P.S. Feel better, Pags! sad.gif

OH SH8!

I just lost a bunch of stuff from the webpage I was working on!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA comp26.gif rage.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jan 4 2010, 12:34 AM)
When I stepped out this morning and it was 15 degrees! Oh Sh8! I know, that's nothing compared to where some of you live but I'm in NC and came here from FL. That's cold for us!!

I'd kill for 15 degrees! laugh.gif

As for me, nothing today, but yesterday I found out that the original Yes guitarist Peter Banks died in '07... ohmy.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (yaoi_myantidrug @ Jan 5 2010, 05:34 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 4 2010, 03:40 PM)
As for me, nothing today, but yesterday I found out that the original Yes guitarist Peter Banks died in '07... ohmy.gif sad.gif

Wha??? ohmy.gif sad.gif

Omg, so sorry, false alarm! ohmy.gif

I saw

in my reccomendations on Sunday night, but it's a different Peter Banks! *phew* I didn't watch the whole vid when I saw it...

I just looked up the vid again to show you and I realised it was about someone else! wacko.gif

<---Idiot! banghead.gif

But relieved. smile.gif

The alarm clock on my phone goes off, and when I look up and see Erics clock, it said 8.

I thought I was going to be an hour late to work. "OHSH8T!"

Dammit. I posted too fast. wacko.gif

Edited to add that It's really 7 that I woke up at. unsure.gif

1st day back at work today. This morning it was cold but clear, and no snow on the ground, and none forecast for area for at least a couple of days.

Great, I thought, lets go to work on my new motorbike. So get to work no problem.... however, 4 hours and 3 inches of snow later, the boss tells us we can go home early due to the poor weather.

With some hesitation, fire up the bike and make my way home albeit rather slowly. But fortunately the snow is fresh on the roads, and not frozen of compact.

35 minutes and 10 miles later I'm almost on the home straight when some dick in a Beemer tries to overtake a parked van on the opposite side of the road about 100meters ahead of me. I slow down, but this guy clearly doesn't know how to drive RWD cars in the snow, and as such his backend snaked out dragging the car into my side of the road.

I can't hit the brakes too hard otherwise its game over for me, so just have to engine-brake and hope for the best, while at the same time watching this black Beemer sliding ever closer to me with the driver manically trying to master his steering wheel.

Fortunately, he does so at the very death and manages to pull away from my path with only about 10 metres left to spare!

Managed to continue my journey unscathed, but some BMW drivers will need to learn how to drive in the snow wacko.gif

Had my recurring nightmare last night -

Dreamed I found out I was pregnant. I was screaming mad and hysterical, and my husband was all excited. I yelled at him, "You want it, YOU give birth to it and raise it! I don't want a baby!"

Woke up feeling my tummy. . .took a little while to get back to sleep.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 8 2010, 09:43 AM)
Dreamed I found out I was pregnant. I was screaming mad and hysterical, and my husband was all excited. I yelled at him, "You want it, YOU give birth to it and raise it! I don't want a baby!"

from the online dream dictionary I use a lot:

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it.  This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 8 2010, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 8 2010, 09:43 AM)
Dreamed I found out I was pregnant.  I was screaming mad and hysterical, and my husband was all excited.  I yelled at him, "You want it, YOU give birth to it and raise it!  I don't want a baby!"

from the online dream dictionary I use a lot:

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it.  This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

Possibly. . .but this really would be a nightmare for me. I want a baby/children like I want a hole in the head.

Come to think of it, I'd rather have a hole in the head; at least that can be fixed!

Archived