'Tis the Season

sullysue

With Thanksgiving out of the way, it's time for the holiday movie season! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm watching one of my favorites, "Elf."

Mary Steenburgen: "You like sugar, huh?"

Will Ferrell: "Is there sugar in syrup?"

Mary Steenburgen: "Yes..."

Will Ferrell: "Then, YES!!!!"

And, the huge Coke burp.

And, of course, one of my favorite words, ginormous, was coined in this movie.

Love the holiday movie season. heart.gif

Edited by sullysue

QUOTE (owlswing @ Nov 28 2009, 08:44 PM)
Watched Holiday Inn today!

The kids have been on a non stop Rankin & Bass Kick since Thanksgiving!!!

Ohhh. I love Holiday Inn. We have It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story coming from Netflix. I love these movies. I'm really into the holidays, and I'm all ready to make cookies and risk my life hanging Christmas lights from the roof and stalking Ebay, the whole deal. yes.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 28 2009, 09:53 PM)
i think Elf is his best movie. Its sort of becoming a modern holiday classic.

It should be. It is his best. I know a lot of people are turned off by Will Ferrell, but his character in Elf is so endearing. Buddy is so hopeful and innocent, you can't help but like him.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 28 2009, 10:57 PM)

It should be. It is his best. I know a lot of people are turned off by Will Ferrell, but his character in Elf is so endearing. Buddy is so hopeful and innocent, you can't help but like him.

I like his role in Elf cause it isnt the typical dumb 40 year old frat guy roles he seems to get all the time. Great story and performances by everyone.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Nov 28 2009, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 28 2009, 10:57 PM)

I like his role in Elf cause it isnt the typical dumb 40 year old frat guy roles he seems to get all the time. Great story and performances by everyone.

Actually, after giving this a second thought, Anchorman is his funniest comedic performance, but Elf is his best overall movie as far as substance goes.

QUOTE (goose @ Dec 1 2009, 10:27 PM)
A Christmas Story. Hands down my favorite Xmas flick.

You'll shoot your eye out!!!

laugh.gif

Classic

I've always loved National Lampoon Christmas Vacation... I guess it's the most relatable x-mas movie to me.

I also love How the Grinch Stole Christmas... the cartoon one not the live action one.

Bad Santa and It's a Wonderful Life have become staples in my household.. every year.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 28 2009, 11:57 PM)

I hate Will Ferrel, but I LOVE ELF !!!!

Its an all time favorite in my family. We own the DVD and watched it a week ago.

One of my favorite lines...

"You don't smell like Santa. You stink, you smell like beef and cheese"

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Christmas Vacation is also an all time classic !!! 1022.gif

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol? "

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 2 2009, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 28 2009, 11:57 PM)

I hate Will Ferrel, but I LOVE ELF !!!!

Its an all time favorite in my family. We own the DVD and watched it a week ago.

One of my favorite lines...

"You don't smell like Santa. You stink, you smell like beef and cheese"

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Christmas Vacation is also an all time classic !!! 1022.gif

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol? "

Christmas Vacation is my all itme favorite...

Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no! We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here! We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f***ing Kaye! And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!

Taking a line from the above quote, another must watch every year:

White Christmas

It's not a movie, but my favorite is "A Charlie Brown Christmas." It never fails to take me back to childhood...

The must see movies of the season...

A Christmas Carol

Miracle on 34th street

Christmas Vacation

Elf

Its a Wonderful Life

The Polar Express

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 2 2009, 05:05 PM)
It's not a movie, but my favorite is "A Charlie Brown Christmas." It never fails to take me back to childhood...

Me too wink.gif

And I watch It's a Wonderful Life every year smile.gif