MEGADETH!!!

ReturnOfTheRic

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen them a mere TWO times. One time, they were opening for Motley Crue. Can you believe that? They arrived late and only got to do four songs, which STILL made the price of the ticket worth it, and they STILL blew MC out of the water. Not that THAT is a hard thing to do. no.gif

Second time was at Croc Rock in Allentown. Full show in a small venue. We were right up front, and I could watch Dave's fingers all night long. Well... i seen a BLUR where his fingers should be. biggrin.gif

February 11th in NYC we'll be seeing them again on the tour with Slayer and Testament. I can NOT wait. 1022.gif

I saw them at the New Haven Coliseum in 1993. Stone Temple Pilots opened up for them. When Megadeth took the stage all the chairs on the floor were passed from the fronts rows over the crowd till they wound up in a big pile at the end of the floor. It was pretty crazy. Edited by tick

SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

the music for endgame is great but the lyrics suck. really bad.

I have been into megadeth since Peace Sells and first saw them on the so far, so good, so what tour. I think i caught the countdown to extinction tour 3 times. I last saw them at Red Rocks for the Youthanasia tour.

a megadeath is a unit of measure that equals..........................???

I thought United Abominations was pretty uninspired and had a lot of retread riffs, which is a shame because Mustaine has always been a brilliant song writer, no matter which direction he goes in. The only things UA had going for it was its aggression, production and flawless execution. I think this is why so many fans were applauding it. Is Endgame any better?

Megadeth really saved themselves on the last 3 albums imo . I really thought they were done after Rust in Piece . I thought everything got worse as they went along

Thats funny because I liked Youthanasia. Rust in Peace was a *classic* metal album, but Dave showed that he can slow down and *still* make it sound good. Cryptic Writings was decent, Risk was where his hard-on for Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield became a detriment to his playing, not to even mention after this he gets rid of his most stable and complimentary lineup, something I have still not forgiven him for.

United Abominations was a return to form, and I have yet to get Endgame.

He was talking in an interview for Guitar World about how the next album might be the last. Thoughts?

QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Nov 30 2009, 08:00 PM)
Thats funny because I liked Youthanasia. Rust in Peace was a *classic* metal album, but Dave showed that he can slow down and *still* make it sound good. Cryptic Writings was decent, Risk was where his hard-on for Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield became a detriment to his playing, not to even mention after this he gets rid of his most stable and complimentary lineup, something I have still not forgiven him for.

United Abominations was a return to form, and I have yet to get Endgame.

He was talking in an interview for Guitar World about how the next album might be the last. Thoughts?

I like Youthanasia too. Pretty solid. Did not care for CW or Risk.

Theres a few good tunes on the system has failed. Don't own UA. Like I said above I think the music on endgame is great.

the big megadeth story this week was Mustaine bitching about how roadrunner records is doing a poor job promoting endgame and basically he is pissed at them. I doubt if this is the last MD disc as it seems like Dave is mighty proud of endgame but as we all know there is no telling with Dave.

My favorite Megadeth record is "Symphony Of Destruction!"

Hey I just got my Japan cd order today. I picked up the Japanese pressing of ENDGAME with a live bonus track. The cool thing is, it came with a promo set of chopsticks. I know it's weird! Very limited. They are black chopsticks and each stick has the silver MEGADETH logo on them.

I am sure all of you Megadeth fans know that Dave wrote most of "KILL 'EM ALL."

Dave rules.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 28 2009, 07:24 PM)
I saw them at the New Haven Coliseum in 1993. Stone Temple Pilots opened up for them. When Megadeth took the stage all the chairs on the floor were passed from the fronts rows over the crowd till they wound up in a big pile at the end of the floor. It was pretty crazy.

I saw them with STP at Towson Center outside Baltimore and the crowd did the same thing with the chairs.

Have seen MD about a dozen times and my only complaint is that they should play longer shows. They could easily fill 2 1/2 to 3 hrs worth of music but usually only play about 2 hrs. But I haven't seen them in the past decade so that might have changed.

I've been a big MegaDeth fan for about 9 years now. I've seen them 5 times. System has failed i thought went down hill after the first three songs but i liked all of UA and Endgame. Endgames promotion did suck. I STILL can' find it around here. I had to drive to akron (45 min away) to get endgame.

I do like that since System has failed came out they have been adding a lot of great older songs to the setlist live. Songs like Liar, Take no prisoners, Hook in mouth, Ashes in your mouth and theres a rumor that Good Mourning/Black Friday is going to reamerge live very soon. Their shows are way too short though. I'd sit through a 6 hour setlist. 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 1 2009, 02:15 AM)

Dave rules.

I think james and lars wrote most of Kill em all. Dave wrote some stuff too. I think he's fantastic, almost as good as chris. chris is better though.

QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 1 2009, 07:03 PM)

Dave rules.

I think james and lars wrote most of Kill em all. Dave wrote some stuff too. I think he's fantastic, almost as good as chris. chris is better though.

Alright! I guess I was slightly off. I always had that rumor stuck in the back of my mind.

I just looked it up. Dave was given credit for co-writing four songs on the "Kill 'Em All" record.

Do you guys think that Dave and the Metallica boyz will bury the hatchet some year and tour together?

METALLICA

MEGADETH

TESTAMENT

As Metallica starts their encore Dave will come out on stage and actually jam with Metallica.

I think that would be cool and put a lot of butts in the pit and in the seats.

That would a fanfukkingtastic show!!!

Heck I am going send Mustaine and email right now..........

QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 1 2009, 09:03 PM)

Dave rules.

Yep, they did. Dave has riff's on the first 3 albums and then goes on to say he wrote thing's on other albums as well dazed025.gif Class -A jackass . You are right, Chris is better.....imo

QUOTE (ReturnOfTheRic @ Dec 2 2009, 10:36 AM)
Chris is better? Better is a opiniated word. Chris can sweep cleaner but he didn't write Rust n Peace. Chris is good at certain and Dave is as well.

I guess i think Chris is a better player than Mustaine too. Listen to some of chris's new project- OHM. I was hopeful after chris returned for a few songs on TSHF but dave and chris had another fight over something and they are back to feuding.

Marty Friedman is another amazing player. I have one of his solo discs and its great.

QUOTE (ReturnOfTheRic @ Dec 2 2009, 10:36 AM)
Chris is better? Better is a opiniated word. Chris can sweep cleaner but he didn't write Rust n Peace. Chris is good at certain and Dave is as well.

Well that's why i put IMO after my post . I think Chris is a better player than Dave......not a song writer