TV Shows Cancelled Too Soon

rushgoober

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 8 2009, 03:28 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 8 2009, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 8 2009, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 8 2009, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 6 2009, 06:37 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 6 2009, 03:29 AM)
Remember, all of these shows were cancelled for one reason - they SUCKED.

VERY often it's just low ratings, not because a show isn't good or even great, it just didn't have time to find its audience. That would be like saying all movies that did poorly at the box office are bad movies.

Programs that don't generate ratings suck. It's that plain and simple.

If it doesn't suck, then it usually grabs the attention of the masses, thus making it a success.

You see?

cool.gif

You're joking right? unsure.gif

Not at all, I only deal in facts.

THEN you mean that every show eventually ends up sucking since EVERYTHING is cancelled at some point? And every show that has high ratings doesn't suck? Does your theory only apply to tv shows or does it include film and music?

I could probably light my balls on fire, film it, put it on youtube, and generate a lot of attention from the masses as a result. But I wouldn't call that a success or not sucking.

...oh, what a thrill ! Goodness, gracious... tongue.gif

Well....it's late and I've been pounding liquor all evening, so I couldn't possibly articulate a response.

But I'll get back to ya!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 9 2009, 02:11 AM)
The Night Stalker.

Man, loved the Night Stalker had some genuine scary suspenseful moments and humor! Darren McGavin the Christmas Story dad played his role perfect goodpost.gif

Anyone remember Rod Serling's Night Gallery? Nowhere near as good as Sterling's classic The Twilight Zone. Was rather goofy lower budget reminded me of Batman tv series at times. But every once in awhile had some episodes worth watching.

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 7 2009, 12:20 AM)
The Dana Carvey Show

Yep, I agree. Networks don't give comedy shows enough time to build an audience. I think this one could have done well.

This was done well before Steve Carell or Stephen Colbert was famous.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/57772/the-dana-c...rt-1#s-p1-sr-i1

Notice the EH desk. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 5 2009, 09:16 PM)
Ah, the Ben Stiller Show! Another great one! And Square Pegs!

Just remembered: the bizarre and unique Chris Elliot sitcom Get a Life. He's a thirty-year-old who still lives with his parents and works as a paperboy. Truly surreal plotlines each week, and sometimes he'll be killed (once or even multiple times) in an episode only to continue in the next scene or episode. (Pre-Kenny from South Park.) It lasted two or three seasons, and yes, they slipped in quality the last year, but it was still a hysterical show for people with a weird sense-of-humor.

Entertainment Weekly lists it as one of the "25 Greatest Cult TV Shows Ever."

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060315/92428__chris_l.jpg

Get A Life was SO AWESOME!!

I still remember WALLET BOY!

And the one where he built a submarine in his bathtub or something.

But the best was the time travel one. He went back and met his kid self who then asked the older Chris a bunch of stupid questions like "Will I go back in time and meet myself?" I don't know exactly but it was hillarious!

I'm not 100% positive that this show has been cancelled but I thought 'Breaking Bad' on A&E was excellent. Does anyone know what happened to this show? I've looked online but can't seem to get any straight answers.

A recent one that got my interest as a summer fill-in was Defying Gravity. It appears the show is still being played in Canada as a production company there was one of the producers, but ABC decided to dump it once the fall schedule started (bastards). I heard rumors another network might pick it up, SyFy being the most likely candidate.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 14 2009, 02:50 PM)
The Simpsons.
Oh wait, that's still on. sarcasm.gif

Next year will be their 22nd season!

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 15 2009, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 14 2009, 02:50 PM)
The Simpsons.
Oh wait, that's still on. sarcasm.gif

Next year will be their 22nd season!

And the jokes keep getting more over-done and repetitive by the episode!

http://www.offscreen.it/gif/gallery/pallottolaspuntata.jpg

Police Squad, only one series made. And even though there were some great movie spin-offs, the TV show was totally awesome. Criminal it got canned so soon angry.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Nov 17 2009, 12:21 AM)
Hello Larry.

Mr. T and Tina.

Fish.

Petticoat Junction.

Star Trek, Fawlty Towers and Space 1999. PS. Why don't you include Benny Hill and Dave Allen in your boy collection? smile.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 20 2009, 01:42 AM)
Hello Larry.

Mr. T and Tina.

Fish.

Petticoat Junction.

Star Trek, Fawlty Towers and Space 1999. PS. Why don't you include Benny Hill and Dave Allen in your boy collection? smile.gif

Fawlty Towers is one of the funniest sitcoms of all time. But, I don't think it was actually cancelled. John Cleese shut it down after a few episodes apparently due to other commitments and a lack of time to commit to doing the show.

QUOTE (Natch @ Nov 20 2009, 01:42 PM)
Hello Larry.

Mr. T and Tina.

Fish.

Petticoat Junction.

Fawlty Towers is one of the funniest sitcoms of all time. But, I don't think it was actually cancelled. John Cleese shut it down after a few episodes apparently due to other commitments and a lack of time to commit to doing the show.

Yeah. 2 seasons, 12 episodes. Only in England. angry.gif They were all strong shows. Unfortunate. comp26.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Nov 20 2009, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Nov 20 2009, 01:42 PM)
Hello Larry.

Mr. T and Tina.

Fish.

Petticoat Junction.

Yeah. 2 seasons, 12 episodes. Only in England. angry.gif They were all strong shows. Unfortunate. comp26.gif

Not unfortunate at all. Im glad they didnt do one more than they did. They are all brilliant. More TV shows should do this, make them all great then quit while youre ahead!!!! trink39.gif