Trf Breakfast Club Redux

lerxt1990

Which character best described you in high school?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which character best described you in high school?

• Andrew Clark (Estevez)
    • Brian Johnson (Hall)
    • John Bender (Nelson)
    • Claire Standish (Ringwald)
    • Allison Reynolds (Sheedy)

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Aug 11 2009, 11:26 PM)
90% Brian Johnson, 10% Angus Young.
http://www.metalexpressradio.com/images/news/images/brianjohnson.jpg

Seriously though, 100% Brian Johnson.
http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/brianjohnson.jpg

^^^ +10. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 12 2009, 04:44 AM)
Bender/Johnson hybrid. When I was good I was very good, when I was bad I was a living nightmare.

I sense a lot of Johnson/Bender combos is Rush TRF land... and now that I think abotu it, the concerts in the 80s were arenas full of Johnsons, Benders, and hybrids of the two. Wow. Thats scary!

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 12 2009, 08:11 AM)
Bender/Johnson hybrid. When I was good I was very good, when I was bad I was a living nightmare.

I sense a lot of Johnson/Bender combos is Rush TRF land... and now that I think abotu it, the concerts in the 80s were arenas full of Johnsons, Benders, and hybrids of the two. Wow. Thats scary!

ohmy.gif

Yeah, kinda funny. Pot-smoking geeks! Sounds like a Rush crowd alright!

Lots of Brians and Allisons (the "weirdos") with Bender rising.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 11 2009, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Aug 11 2009, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 11 2009, 03:08 PM)
I wasBrian my first two years and then had an interesting summer of discovery between 10th and 11th grade....Bender the last two years.

Digi...that is very telling! LOL a story for the next 'con perhaps? LOL

"How Getting Laid Changed My Life", by Digital Man

Unfortunately....Not quite the discovery I had.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 12 2009, 09:30 AM)
I wasBrian my first two years and then had an interesting summer of discovery between 10th and 11th grade....Bender the last two years.

sad.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 12 2009, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 12 2009, 09:30 AM)

sad.gif

Nor the discovery that changed things around for ME.

First I discovered Rush and real rock music before 10th (I was listening to pop before that), and then I discovered cool10.gif before 11th. I naturally became a bit cooler than the geek I was before.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 12 2009, 08:20 AM)

ohmy.gif

Come to think of it, I saw even MORE of this at the Dream Theater/Prog Nation show last week.

This has got me thinking. Rush fans are created when geeks find grass. laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 12 2009, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 12 2009, 08:20 AM)

ohmy.gif

Come to think of it, I saw even MORE of this at the Dream Theater/Prog Nation show last week.

This has got me thinking. Rush fans are created when geeks find grass. laugh.gif

Exactly what happened to Reverend Jim!

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/87266/detail/

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2009, 07:12 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 11 2009, 07:26 AM)
I was more like Gordie LaChance.  wink.gif
"Chopper, sick balls!!"

Johnny Blaze: Suck my fat one, you cheap dime store hood!!

ph34r.gif

laugh.gif yup. that's exactly what i'd say to kiefer sutherland if that bastard got in my face!!! laugh.gif

I voted Allison for the sake of the poll, but high school for me was better portrayed in "My So Called Life". For a poll like that I would be 50/50 Rayanne and Rickie.

Yeah, I had my days where I dressed in all black and months where I didn't talk to anyone. I was odd. Hated sports, Gym or anything team work related I just wanted to left alone. Some may call that Emo now. But I beg to differ. I was emotional because I got picked on in school and then I got beat and cursed out at home. Nothing was really good. I almost ran away A few times. But I am doing Great now:) I have never been this happy. Yes, bad hings have happened but I am really doing good. I love life. wub.gif I have Great friends, Great family and a loving Boyfriend wub.gif Sorry about the story laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 13 2009, 04:35 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2009, 07:12 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 11 2009, 07:26 AM)
I was more like Gordie LaChance.  wink.gif
"Chopper, sick balls!!"

Johnny Blaze: Suck my fat one, you cheap dime store hood!!

ph34r.gif

laugh.gif yup. that's exactly what i'd say to kiefer sutherland if that bastard got in my face!!! laugh.gif

laugh.gif trink38.gif

I didn't identify closely with any of the characters.

I always did what I wanted in school. I skipped when I wanted and I signed every excuse and paper that the school ever received from my parents. I had a car as a Junior, and I went off campus for lunch and to smoke cigarettes often. We had a pretty tight group of friends that all did whatever we wanted. We partied every weekend. From bars to the quarry, to house parties, we were at the all right ones. (Legal drinking age was 18 at the time, so it was easy to get in the bars)

I didn't try real hard in class, and I always got a B or B+ or A.

I hung around with the jocks, but I didn't play a sport. Jocks like to party!

I also hung around with the cool kids who liked to party, but didn't dress like heads.

The only people I didn't hang around with were the ones who never partied. no party = loser.

Sometimes I would go out to the bars alone, especially when I wanted to meet new friends.

I was lover not a fighter.

I met a very cute girl at 15 and 3/4, she taught me a thing or two, and she had a best friend who was her tag team partner. I really was hooked after that.

I did get detention once in HS, I think I skipped one class too many, I actually can't remember.

You guys tell me, which Breakfast Club Member do I sound like?

QUOTE (Spindrift @ Aug 13 2009, 07:08 PM)

I always did what I wanted in school. I skipped when I wanted and I signed every excuse and paper that the school ever received from my parents. I had a car as a Junior, and I went off campus for lunch and to smoke cigarettes often. We had a pretty tight group of friends that all did whatever we wanted. We partied every weekend. From bars to the quarry, to house parties, we were at the all right ones. (Legal drinking age was 18 at the time, so it was easy to get in the bars)

I also hung around with the cool kids who liked to party, but didn't dress like heads.

The only people I didn't hang around with were the ones who never partied. no party = loser.

Sometimes I would go out to the bars alone, especially when I wanted to meet new friends.

I was  lover not a fighter.

I met a very cute girl at 15 and 3/4, she taught me a thing or two, and she had a best friend who was her tag team partner. I really was hooked after that.

I did get detention once in HS, I think I skipped one class too many, I actually can't remember.

That's a total Bender, all the way.

Saying you're not similar to ANY of the characters was completely inaccurate. Maybe you (and Goob, too) were too busy looking for DEAD-ON similarity to notice the subtle similarities you actually have to the characters. They're essentially archetypes, or exaggerations of "types" of people you find in HS. Between the five characters, the writers have all the bases covered. All of us are at least somewhat similar to at least one of them! Same with the Peanuts characters.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 13 2009, 10:35 PM)

Saying you're not similar to ANY of the characters was completely inaccurate. Maybe you (and Goob, too) were too busy looking for DEAD-ON similarity to notice the subtle similarities you actually have to the characters. They're essentially archetypes, or exaggerations of "types" of people you find in HS. Between the five characters, the writers have all the bases covered. All of us are at least somewhat similar to at least one of them! Same with the Peanuts characters.

goodpost.gif

And in case youre wondering... Linus wiht a smattering of Charlie Brown. And my wife would add Pig Pen to the list.

Winnie the Pooh as well, all the archetypes are in there too.

Smart, but not obsessed with grades. Interested in punk/metal, but not angry enough to commit as a lifestyle. Athletic, but not much of a rah-rah, joiner type.

I was friends with just about everyone, minus the beautiful people. They never really had much interesting to say.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 13 2009, 09:47 PM)

goodpost.gif

And in case youre wondering... Linus wiht a smattering of Charlie Brown. And my wife would add Pig Pen to the list.

<------ Linus, with hints of Charlie Brown and Schroeder.

Yeah, maybe Pig Pen, too.