Lady Gaga: A Hermaphrodite?

furie

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2009, 07:28 PM)
Who is Lady Ga-Ga?

confused13.gif

What he said.

More importantly, why the Hell should we care?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2009, 08:28 PM)
Who is Lady Ga-Ga?

confused13.gif

I think she's like some pop singer or something. Haven't heard anything from her.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 7 2009, 09:01 PM)
Who is Lady Ga-Ga?

confused13.gif

What he said.

x3.

If that's her/him/it in the picture directly above my post, then *shudder*. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 7 2009, 08:36 PM)
Who is Lady Ga-Ga?

confused13.gif

What he said.

x3.

If that's her/him/it in the picture directly above my post, then *shudder*. 062802puke_prv.gif

Yes. The person in the photograph must be banned from the "That's it." thread. yes.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 8 2009, 12:01 AM)
Who is Lady Ga-Ga?

confused13.gif

What he said.

x3.

Yes. The person in the photograph must be banned from the "That's it." thread. yes.gif

Yeah!!!! Let's leave THAT one out!!!!!! I've seen enough!!!

QUOTE (missionman @ Aug 8 2009, 02:58 AM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 8 2009, 12:01 AM)
Who is Lady Ga-Ga?

confused13.gif

What he said.

x3.

Yeah!!!! Let's leave THAT one out!!!!!! I've seen enough!!!

According to Robert's Rules of Order I hereby 2nd this motion...all in favor? reply AYE!

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 7 2009, 10:36 PM)
Who is Lady Ga-Ga?

confused13.gif

What he said.

x3.

That is why I love TRF. wub.gif

The people who come here are normal, and wouldn't be even slightly interested in that pop culture crap.

Just drop off the last "a".

It's Lady GAG 062802puke_prv.gif

Just curious....

If you haven't heard of her, then why the overwhelmingly negative reaction? Surely folk on here couldn't be ignorant enough to hate someone because of an accident of birth now, could they? wink.gif

Actually, though she doesn't write my kind of music, she composes all her own songs and certainly has an ear for a good hook. She is considerably more talented than many others out there, though I wouldn't rush out and buy anything by her.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 9 2009, 03:52 PM)
Just curious....

If you haven't heard of her, then why the overwhelmingly negative reaction? Surely folk on here couldn't be ignorant enough to hate someone because of an accident of birth now, could they? wink.gif

Actually, though she doesn't write my kind of music, she composes all her own songs and certainly has an ear for a good hook. She is considerably more talented than many others out there, though I wouldn't rush out and buy anything by her.

I'm with you on this.

Thanks to a certain dancing obsessed 3 year old, I actually have the album. It's bloody good. Pokerface is probably the best song I've heard this year. Along with Lily Allen's Not Fair.

Lot of musical ignorance and snobbery going on here.

And if liking Lady GaGa makes me abnormal, then happy days.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 9 2009, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 9 2009, 03:52 PM)
Just curious....

I'm with you on this.

Thanks to a certain dancing obsessed 3 year old, I actually have the album. It's bloody good. Pokerface is probably the best song I've heard this year. Along with Lily Allen's Not Fair.

Lot of musical ignorance and snobbery going on here.

And if liking Lady GaGa makes me abnormal, then happy days.

I actually like Poker Face a little bit. Don't care for anything else by her, but that's just me.

As for this whole "situation", I believe she just lost a lot of casual fans...

I despise the current trend of celebrity worship. As a result, and perhaps to my own detriment, I've developed somewhat of a negative knee-jerk reaction to anything that achieves the status of "pop-culture idol".

This skepticism probably does mean that I miss out on some real talent, I admit.

What if we found out that Neil is a hermaphrodite? Would that change anyone's attitude toward 2.gif I would hope not.

I would hope finding out someone, in any situation, had a birth defect wouldn't change or bias someone's opinion of them.

And Gaga's not all that bad. Definitely got a sense for a good hook. I've heard a few of her songs and she's not terrible by any means. Much worse out there. So why is it so bad that she has a birth defect? I don't really get that.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 9 2009, 03:02 PM)
What if we found out that Neil is a hermaphrodite? Would that change anyone's attitude toward 2.gif I would hope not.

I would hope finding out someone, in any situation, had a birth defect wouldn't change or bias someone's opinion of them.

And Gaga's not all that bad. Definitely got a sense for a good hook. I've heard a few of her songs and she's not terrible by any means. Much worse out there. So why is it so bad that she has a birth defect? I don't really get that.

I don't think anyone here's overly concerned with whether or not a certain celebrity has a vagina or a penis, or both, or two of one and six of the other for that matter. I'd heard the name before but that was all. You have to admit that (if that is indeed Gaga) the picture is not exactly flattering. (Those hands. . .eek). My guess is that the OP, who is relatively new, was just throwing it out as a topic here in RS.

Besides, as Mrs. H pointed out, there appears to be absolutely no way of verifying the source of the supposed "quote", making the whole thing more or less moot.

Archived