Seinfeld!

*Limelight*

Love is a strong word, not that there is anything wrong with that! tongue.gif laugh.gif

P.S. No soup for you!

this thread needs an entire category on the home page. one topic just is not enough.

by far the greatest sitcom ever created. One of the only shows that you can keep watching reruns of over and over again..and they still make you laugh.

"The sea was angry that day my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."

• Like 1

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 4 2009, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 4 2009, 11:21 PM)
I have so many friends say they hate the show because it's about nothing. Well duh.....

It was brilliant and funny, and I miss it.

If we didn't have Seinfeld or Monty Python, the world would be a far worse place, so i say.

there were tons of great seinfeld episodes. however, the final season wasn't nearly as good. and the series finale was a bit of a letdown for me. i know this is a seinfeld thread but i think that cheers is one of the few (if not ONLY) sitcoms that was great from the beginning to the very end (including the final episode)

You know, Seinfeld is practically two different shows. I absolutely love the early to middle seasons. They were brilliant and innovative. I never tire of watching them. But then something happened in the latter seasons, instead of the characters being an embellished reflection of quirks and neurosis, they became caricatures of the characters. Does that make sense? George simply became angry and yelled at everything. Jerry became shallow. Elaine became a slut. Kramer became stupid. All the quirks and neurosis was gone. What made them appealing simply was gone. The show became about gimmicks, equally divided giving each character a situation to deal with, it ceased being a show about "nothing". In a lot of ways, it became a ersatz version of itself.

Anyway, old Seinfeld good, new Seinfeld bad! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 6 2009, 07:48 AM)
You know, Seinfeld is practically two different shows. I absolutely love the early to middle seasons. They were brilliant and innovative. I never tire of watching them. But then something happened in the latter seasons, instead of the characters being an embellished reflection of quirks and neurosis, they became caricatures of the characters. Does that make sense? George simply became angry and yelled at everything. Jerry became shallow. Elaine became a slut. Kramer became stupid. All the quirks and neurosis was gone. What made them appealing simply was gone. The show became about gimmicks, equally divided giving each character a situation to deal with, it ceased being a show about "nothing". In a lot of ways, it became a ersatz version of itself.

Anyway, old Seinfeld good, new Seinfeld bad! laugh.gif

Wasn't there a documentary on Seinfeld that basically said everything you just did? I'm almost positive Jason Alexander stated that he liked George more in the beginning of the series for the reasons you stated

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 6 2009, 02:19 AM)
You know, Seinfeld is practically two different shows.  I absolutely love the early to middle seasons.  They were brilliant and innovative.  I never tire of watching them.  But then something happened in the latter seasons, instead of the characters being an embellished reflection of quirks and neurosis, they became caricatures of the characters.  Does that make sense?  George simply became angry and yelled at everything.  Jerry became shallow.  Elaine became a slut.  Kramer became stupid.  All the quirks and neurosis was gone.  What made them appealing simply was gone.  The show became about gimmicks, equally divided giving each character a situation to deal with, it ceased being a show about "nothing".  In a lot of ways, it became a ersatz version of itself.

Anyway, old Seinfeld good, new Seinfeld bad!  laugh.gif

Wasn't there a documentary on Seinfeld that basically said everything you just did? I'm almost positive Jason Alexander stated that he liked George more in the beginning of the series for the reasons you stated

Maybe, I don't know. confused13.gif Maybe I subconsciously recalled the info. I really don't know, so I won't take credit for thinking it up for myself. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 6 2009, 09:05 PM)
You know, Seinfeld is practically two different shows.  I absolutely love the early to middle seasons.  They were brilliant and innovative.  I never tire of watching them.  But then something happened in the latter seasons, instead of the characters being an embellished reflection of quirks and neurosis, they became caricatures of the characters.  Does that make sense?  George simply became angry and yelled at everything.  Jerry became shallow.  Elaine became a slut.  Kramer became stupid.  All the quirks and neurosis was gone.  What made them appealing simply was gone.  The show became about gimmicks, equally divided giving each character a situation to deal with, it ceased being a show about "nothing".  In a lot of ways, it became a ersatz version of itself.

Maybe, I don't know. confused13.gif Maybe I subconsciously recalled the info. I really don't know, so I won't take credit for thinking it up for myself. laugh.gif

well, whoever the hell said it, i agree laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 6 2009, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 6 2009, 09:05 PM)

well, whoever the hell said it, i agree laugh.gif

I agree too!!!!

It was a great and hilarious show in the beginning (but after it was Seinfeld Chronicals), but after the whole "Show about nothing" stuff it started to go downhill so much so I stopped watching 'cuz by the end it had lost its appeal.