Have you ever been in an audience...

The Owl

Easy enough quesion... Rush or Otherwise, DVD or CD have you ever been in a live audience where the show or part of the show you attendeded was used for an official live release from the said band..

Name any DVDs or Live CD's for any band that you have been in for an official live release..

Bootlegs do not count... Official Boots (discluding bands like Phish who release every show) are okay... but any major commerical live release is what Im looking for..

So have you ever been in an audience that was recorded for a live release... and please share details.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I have never been to a show where a live release took place...

I almost went to the Atlanta show on the 08 leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour, and they recorded 4 songs from that that wound up on the S&A live DVD.... but I went to the St.Louis show instead.. sad.gif

the cannibal corpse show in 2007 in toronto made it on a live dvd. I was there.

I didn't know it at the time, but on May 25, 2008, at the S&A concert in Regina, Rush recorded the live version of "Hope" and used it on the "Songs for Tibet" album. As far as I know, there was no video.

2.gif Rotterdam 2007!

I was there the two nights they recorded in Rotterdam for the S&A Live DVD.

Both great shows, and having the DVD as a souvenir is awesome! I can be seen on the DVD a couple of times, most notably during Armor & Sword. Other TRF members that can be seen on the DVD are Godeater2112, Bringer Of Balance, Willowroolz and Communist Olga.

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jul 15 2009, 07:21 AM)
QUOTE (Test 4 Gecko @ Jul 15 2009, 01:19 PM)
I was at Led Zeppelin's Knebworth show, when the footage for DVD was filmed.

Wow, that must have been fantastic!

It was shit HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

As a review of the warm-up shows in Denmark said "Dazzling, Staggering, Sometimes Awful"

QUOTE (Test 4 Gecko @ Jul 15 2009, 01:24 PM)

As a review of the warm-up shows in Denmark said "Dazzling, Staggering, Sometimes Awful"

Really? It looks pretty good on the DVD... I love that version of Achilles Last Stand.

I was at the Atlanta '08 S&A show, but too far back to show up on any footage.

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jul 15 2009, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (Test 4 Gecko @ Jul 15 2009, 01:24 PM)

Really? It looks pretty good on the DVD... I love that version of Achilles Last Stand.

It took them a long time to warm up, wasn't until Kashmir that they hit their stride.

QUOTE (Hear Again @ Jul 15 2009, 02:25 PM)
I was lucky enough to attend two of the three nights
All The Worlds A Stage was recorded @ Massey Hall In Toronto about a million years ago.

Awesome! 1022.gif

QUOTE (BK 2112 @ Jul 15 2009, 07:32 AM)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VY2XudbLL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

AWESOME!

For me, I was actually at the Great Woods show back in '97 where they took 2112 and Leave that thing alone from for Different Stages. 20 rows back, which at the time seemed really close. Geddy commented on how great the temperature was that night (and it was) and I remember they had dancing puppets or something up on the amps during one song. (Tom Sawyer?)

I can't find myself on the DVD, but I was at the Yes concert that filmed for "Songs From Tsongas" from the 35th Anniversary tour show in Lowell, Massachusetts.

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/105/cover_156202062005.jpg

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 15 2009, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (BK 2112 @ Jul 15 2009, 06:32 AM)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VY2XudbLL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Awesome... can you see yourself at all on the DVD?

Unfortunately, no (believe me, I've looked).

We were somewhere around row 25, on the left-hand side facing the stage, directly behind Eddie Trunk and Chris Jericho (I think that's his name, some wrestler dude?), they were sitting together.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 14 2009, 05:36 PM)
I've been at two shows in the last year (Metric in December and Coldplay a few weeks ago) that were filmed. Apparently both shows are going to end up on DVD at some point, but I haven't heard any details.

Glad to know Coldplay is making a DVD of this tour. Will have to pick that up for sure.

Archived