Do You Like To "PLAY DEEP" In "THE OUTFIELD" Or Do

RUSHHEAD666

I am sure most of you on here will rip the band called THE OUTFIELD but I do think that are a ONE ALBUM WONDER.

Their first album called "PLAY DEEP" is excellent.

Sure it may have a commercial pop feel but this three piece band actually thinks "outside of the batter's box."

JMO

The album is does have a few radio friendly hits but the rest of the record does indeed have some songs that sound pretty good.

The record is polished but it sounds great. I love the snare on this album.

Give it a chance.

Sincerely,

"Say It Isn't So"

I just wanna use your love tonight,

I don't wanna lose your love tonight!

I don't wanna

I don't wanna

I love The Outfield, great harmonies, sweet licks, clean production and slick songwriting.

I would not say that they rock, but they certainly jam.

I loved Play Deep. "Since you've been gone" off of there second album was a pretty good track too.

I guess it was mostly the vocals I didn't like... I had a friend back then who played the album NONSTOP. If you got into his car that summer, that's what you were gonna hear.

Another reason I didn't like the '80's.

I don't think I've heard of them or heard any of their music. Of course, I may have heard them before and just not known it was them.

Never liked 'em but , for some reason, I find myself listening to them when I hear them.

I briefly dated a girl when that album was big and they were her favorite band of all time and she claimed they were way better than the Beatles which I thought was a rather strange claim to make in the eighties. it wasn;t like people wouldn't shut up about the Beatles or anything. Sadly, she was apparently insane yet incredibly Hot.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 14 2009, 02:24 PM)
I briefly dated a girl when that album was big and they were her favorite band of all time and she claimed they were way better than the Beatles which I thought was a rather strange claim to make in the eighties. it wasn;t like people wouldn't shut up about the Beatles or anything. Sadly, she was apparently insane yet incredibly Hot.

Interesting.

I was at an Outfield concert in 1985 or 1986 with a bunch of friends from work. Two of them were women. They were pretty good looking and split for the front of the stage.

From where my buddies and I were standing we suddenly saw the lead singer pick up each one of them onto the stage and they went into the back.

We didn't see them again until the next afternoon.

Not sure if they f*cked the guys in the band (I can't remember what they told me) but they partied with them all night long.

Sincerely,

"BANGIN'"

I loved that album and saw them in concert oh so many years ago. Only recently learned that they apparently had many other albums that I never even knew about.. might be time to replace my vinyl Outfield with a cd. It was a very slick album, made for radio.

Good stuff, good memories.

Right on you guys!

Hey I just picked up a used copy of "Bangin'" today and played it.

It was only 5 bucks used.

Anyway I always thought that The Outfield had the "sophomore jinx" going on. Didn't care for it back then but tonight I totally dug it!

Good stuff!!

I don't think they sound like The Police at all!

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 14 2009, 04:24 PM)
I briefly dated a girl when that album was big and they were her favorite band of all time and she claimed they were way better than the Beatles which I thought was a rather strange claim to make in the eighties.  it wasn;t like people wouldn't shut up about the Beatles or anything.  Sadly, she was apparently insane yet incredibly Hot.

At least you hung in there like a trooper and got a piece applaudit.gif ....big man up points for hanging around til the deed was done yes.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 14 2009, 12:54 PM)
I don't think I've heard of them or heard any of their music. Of course, I may have heard them before and just not known it was them.

You're not missing anything. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 14 2009, 11:57 AM)
catchy, but it always seemed to me they were ripping off the police?

yeah, thats what i say about them. especially It Should Have Been Me. its Every Breath You Take almost 100 percent.

• Like 1

This is one of the greatest three piece bands in the world!

It's sad about Spinks passing away. RIP

The original drummer left after "Voices" but yet they still carried on! "Replay" from 2011 is an excellent reboot of a record.

"Diamond Dogs" is underrated. "FOR YOU" Rush Forum! Move on from the boring redundant topics in the Rush Section and experiment with old school and newer music. Melody is music. The Outfield know how to hit a HOME RUN! They have hit many! "ROCKEYE!"

Tony Lewis has one of the greatest "VOICES OF BABYLON!"

Play Deep if you dare.

Love Always,

SAY IT IS SO!

This is one of the greatest three piece bands in the world!

It's sad about Spinks passing away. RIP

The original drummer left after "Voices" but yet they still carried on! "Replay" from 2011 is an excellent reboot of a record.

"Diamond Dogs" is underrated. "FOR YOU" Rush Forum! Move on from the boring redundant topics in the Rush Section and experiment with old school and newer music. Melody is music. The Outfield know how to hit a HOME RUN! They have hit many! "ROCKEYE!"

Tony Lewis has one of the greatest "VOICES OF BABYLON!"

Play Deep if you dare.

Love Always,

SAY IT IS SO!

Holy crap I didn't know that. He wrote the songs for them and was a pretty interesting writer. Voices Of Babylon was a song that I had on heavy replay as a kid.

RIP

• Like 1