The Official WHITESNAKE Thread! Coverdale And Co.

RUSHHEAD666

Since being back from vacation I noticed that they reissued "SLIDE IT IN" and "SLIP OF THE TONGUE" with bonus tracks and a dvd.

These reissues are fukkin' incredible.

Anyone on here who hates WHITESNAKE is a total prog poser, I mean loser.

If you are under the age of 18 and don't know anything about Whitesnake the you are forgiven. Go get some and make sure you wear protection. LOL!

You have to give it up for Coverdale. He has lasted for decades in such a brutal musical market.

It's not just about the "1987" self titled classic album that put Whitesnake on the commercial map.

It's all about the other albums David did after he left Deep Purple.

Hell I even dig "Coverdale's Whtiesnake" and "Northwinds."

But let's talk about the early Whitesnake shit. It rules. Blues and hard rock?

What an incredible kinetic concoction.

"Trouble"

"Love Hunter"

"Come 'N Get It"

"Ready 'N Willin'"

"Saint's 'N Sinners"

Don't forget about the live albums either. Incredible.

It's like Coverdale went into Deep Purple and then stole half the band.

I am sure everyone had both version of "Slide It In."

If not you can pick up the new version because the cd has both mixes.

The old school UK mix with Marsden and Moody is cool but I prefer the heavier version when they hired the great John Sykes to do all of the guitar parts. Kick Ass.

I am sure you all know about the other band changes along the way.

No matter what Coverdale always gets his guitar players.

When Sykes left he hired Adrian Vandenberg. Great fukkin' guitar player. Just go out and find the first three VANDENBERG cds. They rule.

Well then of course for "Slip Of The Tongue" David had Adrian and the newly hired Steve Vai.

This record is also amazing.

Probably outdated to your progressive intellectual minds but hey, somethings never change even when they do.

I am in a major Whitesnake Mode this weekend and I can't wait to see them with Judas Priest right here in my own backyard in Concord!! I have fourth row center!

Now David has the great Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich on guitars.

How does he do it man?

Coverdale has been with them all!

Sincerely,

Tommy Bolin

"Cum Taste The Band......"

1022.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Love Ain't No Stranger" my friend.

I love this band and I know you do too.

Cheers buddy!

Got to "Hit And Run."

I can't believe I fukked up PuppetKing's Genesis box thread.

For a second there I thought I was BANNED while trying to "add reply!"

Sincerely,

"The Gambler"

1022.gif

just seen them live last week, it was painful .

Whitesnake, playing complete shite since Moody and Marsden left. Official.

How a consumate performer of classic Blues-Rock sold his soul - or rather his cock - to American Hair Metal and lost the plot.

And Sir David "Diddydick" of Coverdale mimes these days too. Whitesnake blows a pink oboe.

Gotta give a thumbs up for David Coverdale, I'm not so into his latest release but at least he's still making new music. I saw that tour in support of the s/t album, he opened for Motley Crue. It didn't suck!

And for all the men, (who were teenagers in the late 80's) don't even try and say you weren't a fan of his videos..

QUOTE (rotting @ Jul 13 2009, 06:59 AM)
just seen them live last week, it was painful .

NOOOOOOOOOOOO ROTTING!

Say it isn't so!

Are they that old and tired now?

I was totally pumped to see Whitesnake one last time.

I guess it's almost over for those guys.

Bummer.

White Lion, Whitesnake, White Sister, White Zombie, White Wolf, White Witch?

f**k, bands with "White" in their name are totally out of control.

Whitesnake is the best band out of all of those but I do dig White Lion.

Sincerely,

VITO BRATTA

I like Coverdale, but feel sorry for him. Robert Plant called him "David Coverplant" and said that he feels David is trying to be him. Poor David was hurt by these comments and said he thought Robert and he were friends. I think David is largely influenced by Robert but is certainly not trying to "be him".

Going through a huge Whitesnake phase right now. Huge.

Ready An' Willing, Come An' Get It & Slide It In in particular. Bloody marvellous.

"Just to get in your pants". Genius. Never understood why the Brit critics hammered his risque lyrics, but proclaimed Prince a genius for his.

Can't beat a bit of Diamond Dave.

He's got a brilliant voice, and enjoys himself. As a white blues singer, I'd put him up there with Paul Rodgers.

QUOTE (MCM @ Jul 13 2009, 06:11 PM)
Gotta give a thumbs up for David Coverdale, I'm not so into his latest release but at least he's still making new music. I saw that tour in support of the s/t album, he opened for Motley Crue. It didn't suck!

And for all the men, (who were teenagers in the late 80's) don't even try and say you weren't a fan of his videos..

is this love!........nice!

did he dump his wife for that skirt?

I just listened to the live cd part of the double new disc from Coverpale and man it is brutal. His voice is shot period, period end of story. Too put out a live version on disc full well knowing it blows goats is pretty funny to say the least. Time to put him out to pasture. Save us the pain and agony. I still love how he pimps the band trying to bend over the fans by issuing meet and greets/ tickets at stupid outrageous prices. Yep, he really has the fans at heart. Cha ching. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Nov 8 2009, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Jul 13 2009, 06:11 PM)
Gotta give a thumbs up for David Coverdale, I'm not so into his latest release but at least he's still making new music.  I saw that tour in support of the s/t album, he opened for Motley Crue.  It didn't suck!

is this love!........nice!

did he dump his wife for that skirt?

OMG I saw a pic of her recently and she looks horrible! Couldn't believe it was her. 062802puke_prv.gif

My first Whitesnake experience was recent, and it was live. I love hearing big bands for the first time live. I was also surprised to recognize the guitarist's name Doug Aldrich 'cause he used to be in Dio, and I'm the HUGEST Dio fan.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it for the cheese factor. The tunes were good, but we also really just got off on how suggestive they were. We couldn't BELIEVE it when Coverdale told the audience they were celebrating the whatever-anniversary of "Slide It In." And it was like, "WHOA! 'Whitesnake' named their album 'Slide It In!' They ACTUALLY went there!"

We also enjoyed the jarring juxtaposition of the songs and banter. The songs sounded as "American beer-gut" as songs can sound, and then in between songs hearing Coverdale's charming British accent.

It was my VERY first time hearing Whitesnake (I don't listen to the radio, and I don't go to strip clubs) so it was all new to me, keep in mind. The standout tracks of the performance for me were (Sorry to fans if I got the titles wrong; I was only there to see Judas Priest) Lay Down Your Love, Fool For Your Lovin' No More and of course, Here I Go Again On My Own, the former of which was, I believe, the only new song they played. But hey, it was all new to me! Gotta give some respect to Coverdale, that he can be around the block as long as he has, and the song from the new Whitesnake album holds up as well as all the other classics in the setlist. At least to THIS audient who'd never heard the band before.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Nov 9 2009, 01:06 AM)
They're just the rest of the band that tours with Tommy Aldridge.

Funny. I just checked out that site. Seems like he doesn't even want to mention his stint with Black Oak Arkansas by name in his bio. Shame. I like Black Oak...

This is one of those bands that did one of the weird things that happens with band every once in a while....namely put out a bunch of utter crap, but totally get it right with one incredibly Rocking song....I'm talking about "Still of the Night" What a tune....that song rocks like no other! But everything else I've heard from Whitesnake = 062802puke_prv.gif

Whitesnake could have been better if Sykes and Coverdale could have actually put their egos aside and you know, done business. Just think folks, this was one of the last times you saw Vivian Campbell, you know, play guitar. As opposed to him sleepwalking with Def Leppard and collecting a paycheck.

That being said, their self-titled album was one of the best albums of 1987, period. I still play that album beginning to end every so often.

I agree about Coverdale's voice being shot and that he needs to just hang it up, though.

Russian Federation

Posting in topic The Official WHITESNAKE Thread! Coverdale And Co.

(in forum Rush) Nov 28 2009, 10:19 AM

That's not going to work, comrade. You have to register, first. yes.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 28 2009, 10:33 AM)
Russian Federation

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 28 2009, 03:33 PM)
Russian Federation

laugh.gif as I watch Live In The Still Of The Night, crackingly marvellous DVD.

It's kicking my ass.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 28 2009, 12:23 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 28 2009, 03:33 PM)
Russian Federation

That's not going to work, comrade.  You have to register, first.  yes.gif

laugh.gif as I watch Live In The Still Of The Night, crackingly marvellous DVD.

It's kicking my ass.

I've never seen that DVD. It must be awesome. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif