The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien

PhilCastro

Conan's first show on the new set in LA was last night!

Did anyone else watch it? I was laughing hysterically the whole time laugh.gif

Pearl Jam rocked too! 1022.gif

Great start to the new Tonight Show IMO new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I watched wasted my time on this show...

I thought I'd love it but I instead found it ridiculously silly. Maybe I just wasn't in a good mood.

I didn't think Pearl Jam rocked, either. It was kind of meh, and EV's face looked all bloated. confused13.gif

Should've gone to bed instead.

I was really looking forward to this, but I was disappointed. The cross country run bit was funny for about 30 seconds, but then it just got tedious and boring. The whole Universal Studios tour bit was lame and the Taurus bit was even worse. And Andy Richter is a complete jackass.

I Tivo'd it thinking it would be hilarious and the only time I found myself laughing was at Will Ferrell.

I hope Conan gets better. I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't.

I missed it. But I haven't watched The Tonight Show in a while, haven't laughed at Will Ferrell in a while, and have never liked Pearl Jam. So I'm not sure I missed much.

Conan used to be funny when I stayed up that late. I always liked "The Wussy Wagon".

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 3 2009, 12:26 AM)
I love Conan and I liked it a lot last night. I'm happy I don't have to stay up until one in the morning to watch him anymore.

goodpost.gif biggrin.gif

Haven't watched it since Carson left. Letterman should have gotten the nod. I find Leno annoying. Maybe now with O'Brien I can watch it again.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 3 2009, 09:09 AM)
Ok, forgive the dumb question here, but, um, did Jay Leno step down or something?

Sorry, I never watch late night talk shows and am not up on any late breaking developments... unsure.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 2 2009, 01:11 PM)
nope, sorry...I stopped watching The Tonight Show when Johnny stepped down.

and nothing about Conan O'Brien has ever tempted me to watch him do anything.

Same here. I love the 'Simpsons' eps that O'Brien wrote, but that's it.

Ok, forgive the dumb question here, but, um, did Jay Leno step down or something?

Sorry, I never watch late night talk shows and am not up on any late breaking developments... unsure.gif

it was some stupid corporate thing, Jay was coming to end of contract, they wanted a change, Conan threatened to leave NBC if he didnt get the show blah blah....now they put Leno on at 10PM five nights a week (which IMO will fail miserably)

AND THAT'S SCREWING WITH MY LAW AND ORDER DAMMIT! angry.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 3 2009, 11:30 AM)

Sorry, I never watch late night talk shows and am not up on any late breaking developments...  unsure.gif

it was some stupid corporate thing, Jay was coming to end of contract, they wanted a change, Conan threatened to leave NBC if he didnt get the show blah blah....now they put Leno on at 10PM five nights a week (which IMO will fail miserably)

AND THAT'S SCREWING WITH MY LAW AND ORDER DAMMIT! angry.gif

I'm thinking that this will be a good move for NBC. People that used to watch Leno on the West Coast can still watch him at 7pm now and also watch Conan when they go to bed, like they used to do with Leno. Whether they like Conan is another matter, and they may not watch him, just depends.

Thing is, now both East and West Coasts can watch Leno together at an earlier time, and that's never happened before, and this move alone should bring in many more viewers to NBC in this time slot.

I know I used to wish like hell that Johnny C. was on earlier than 11:30pm way back when, and if people on the East Coast liked Leno at 11:30pm then they should like him that much more at 10pm.

I'm not crazy about Leno or Conan, and I'll watch them every now and then but, I'll probably give Leno a try just to see how it goes. If nothing else, the 10pm time slot just may help me get to bed earlier than I'm used to doing now at 11pm, or later. lol new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 2 2009, 11:39 AM)
I watched wasted my time on this show...

I thought I'd love it but I instead found it ridiculously silly. Maybe I just wasn't in a good mood.

I didn't think Pearl Jam rocked, either. It was kind of meh, and EV's face looked all bloated. confused13.gif

Should've gone to bed instead.

PJ is one of my favs but unfortunately I agree with your assessment. Ed needs to lay of the wine and cigs.

Can't stand Conan. NBC made a big mistake by trying to appease Conan and giving Leno the 9 pm (mountain time) spot. It will be a lot for Jay to pull off 5 nights a week because all the other stations will have their best dramas on at this time.

I never was a fan of the tonight show and it's "safe" humor and bland interview segments.

Watched first tonight with Conan ,seemed like he was a bit nervous. He might have to tone down main stream his comedy bits to those not use to the odd(FUNNY) skits from his late night stay.

The sound effects bit last night had me laughing my ass off. The first show was a little blah but Conan is a pro. He'll get it together and do an awesome job.

They do need to work on what Andy Ricter is doing. When Conan originally took over the 12:30 slot, Andy was funny as hell. They should put him back into the guest's seat(s). Maybe they are concerned about it looking like they are ripping off Johnny and Ed? Who cares, it worked.