http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/churchsign.jpg

Indeed were living in these Dog Years.

That's awesome new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

*in Ged we trust*

QUOTE (goose @ May 12 2009, 11:20 PM)
When I drove past this one last weekend, I was blown away! ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

I don't know what's more intriguing. The fact that a RUSH verse like that is put up on a Church sign, or the fact that someone actually went out of their way to reference DOG YEARS in a non-derogetory sense! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 13 2009, 03:54 PM)
When I drove past this one last weekend, I was blown away!  ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

I don't know what's more intriguing. The fact that a RUSH verse like that is put up on a Church sign, or the fact that someone actually went out of their way to reference DOG YEARS in a non-derogetory sense! rofl3.gif

laugh.gif Probably the latter.

I've got one word-Irony

Seems a lot of chruch people that happen to like Rush make an effort to try to mix the 2 for some odd reason.

My stepdad loves Rush and is a very devout Christian. During the S&A tour he brought a sign that said, "God still loves you Neil", since he knows Neil doesn't believe in god. Kind of funny, but kind of weird too.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ May 12 2009, 11:24 PM)
I believe the members of this church have chosen a path that's clear ...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3375/3526701269_5a76f44b88.jpg

I thought the point was to get in the boat (ark) to be saved.

They might be doing it wrong.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 13 2009, 12:14 PM)
Seems a lot of chruch people that happen to like Rush make an effort to try to mix the 2 for some odd reason.

My stepdad loves Rush and is a very devout Christian. During the S&A tour he brought a sign that said, "God still loves you Neil", since he knows Neil doesn't believe in god. Kind of funny, but kind of weird too.

That's not surprising since Rush doesn't sing about devil-stuff, banging whores in the ass, or any other abusive-type subject. They lend themselves nicely to the religious fan.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 13 2009, 07:11 PM)

That's not surprising since Rush doesn't sing about devil-stuff, banging whores in the ass, or any other abusive-type subject. They lend themselves nicely to the religious fan.

yes.gif

Rush: Spiritual Agnostics That Theists Can Love

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 13 2009, 07:26 PM)

yes.gif

That's cool!

applaudit.gif

yes.gif

easily the coolest thing ive ever seen! laugh.gif Ima throw that in my sig. 1022.gif

QUOTE (gotbass1228 @ May 13 2009, 10:05 PM)

yes.gif

easily the coolest thing ive ever seen! laugh.gif Ima throw that in my sig. 1022.gif

laugh.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ May 13 2009, 06:11 AM)

laugh.gif

Or could it be that this is taken from a different original source that Neil also referenced FOR Dog Years? wink.gif

You know that's a common trait in Neil's song writing due to his prolific reading.

it's funny that they kind of put a deadline to "his reign". so, the tortoise dies and we're all going to hell...? lol

QUOTE (softfilter @ May 14 2009, 05:12 AM)

laugh.gif

Or could it be that this is taken from a different original source that Neil also referenced FOR Dog Years? wink.gif

You know that's a common trait in Neil's song writing due to his prolific reading.

Or it could just be that you type in the text and text2pic.com puts it on a sign you can post for gullible Rush fans...?

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 14 2009, 07:58 AM)

laugh.gif

Or it could just be that you type in the text and text2pic.com puts it on a sign you can post for gullible Rush fans...?

As if the footer on the sign doesn't give it away.

I want to see one for real, either something inadvertent, or someone brilliant can rearrange the letters on a sign. (I have done this as a somewhat braver kid. I'm old and creaky now and fear arrest).

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 14 2009, 06:58 AM)

laugh.gif

oops.gif I fell for it!

Tony R , I'm hypnotized by your avatar.. wtf.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ May 14 2009, 05:15 AM)
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k377/safetygirl2112/made_at_www_txt2pic_com.jpg

653.gif

I can't believe a church would encourage violence like this. confused13.gif

wink.gif

EDIT: I can see this thread having to be moved at some point. But it's got potential for some fun during the layoff.

Archived