What is the most exciting Rush song?

PhilipYYZ

So what's that one song thats gets you on your feet or makes you do air guitar,drums or bass or possibly the famous Rush air hump? Mine is 2112 in its entierty filled with great instrumentals to play play air anything with! cool.gif 1022.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rivendell

Madrigal gets me going pretty good.

No seriously, probably any of the grand anthem type songs, such as Marathon. A lot of the songs on Power Windows fire me up just because they're so big with their soaring choruses and many of them build to a strong finish at the end.

I remember Alex referring to the songs on PoW as being "grand".

QUOTE (trenken @ May 7 2009, 09:51 PM)
Madrigal gets me going pretty good.

No seriously, probably any of the grand anthem type songs, such as Marathon. A lot of the songs on Power Windows fire me up just because they're so big with their soaring choruses and many of them build to a strong finish at the end.

I remember Alex referring to the songs on PoW as being "grand".

Yeah I agree Marathon is a fantastic song. It gets me pretty excited to. When I go out jogging since there talking about running a marathon and not burning out to fast which always makes me more pumped.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ May 7 2009, 09:09 PM)
Red Barchetta

Builds nicely & great solo! The escapist theme hooks me, and the lyrics are some Neil's best writing. Great choice!

trink39.gif

The Spirit of Radio is one I'd pick, It's strong in all respects, up-tempo, and the crowd responds to it. Freewill as well.

icon_alienjig.gif <---- air-humping to Hemisheres!!

Marathon is amazing toward the end where the chior ahhs come in and the strings and wub.gif man its so epic. I get chills watching it on A Show of Hands. I hope they eventually break Marathon out again smile.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 8 2009, 08:21 AM)
Marathon is amazing toward the end where the chior ahhs come in and the strings and wub.gif man its so epic. I get chills watching it on A Show of Hands. I hope they eventually break Marathon out again smile.gif

Haha yeah I totally agree Marathon is an epic song and I show of hands is the best Rush dvd ever.

Freewill. That jam session in the middle is about as good as it gets. Other songs in my group picture include: YYZ, Analog Kid, Marathon, and Mal Nar.

I thought this was suppose to be the "Most Exciting" Rush song?! Rivendell & Madrigal a ballads. To each his own, but that's just too weird (Kinda like Jazz!).

For me, there really isn't one song that's most exciting. In my opinion, there "real fun" began with The Spirit Of Radio. It then moved on to Limelight, DEW, Big $, Dreamline, 1 Little Victory & Far Cry. There are several more inbetween, but that could just go on & on & on & on. I think you get my drift.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ May 7 2009, 10:09 PM)
Red Barchetta

yes.gif What he said.

Also 2112 Overture, Force Ten, and Marathon.

QUOTE (1974FAN @ May 8 2009, 03:36 PM)
I thought this was suppose to be the "Most Exciting" Rush song?! Rivendell & Madrigal a ballads. To each his own, but that's just too weird (Kinda like Jazz!).

CAPTAIN!

WE ARE NOW ENTERING AN IRONY FREE ZONE! ENGAGE SHIELDS!

QUOTE (Fridge @ May 8 2009, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (1974FAN @ May 8 2009, 03:36 PM)
I thought this was suppose to be the "Most Exciting" Rush song?!  Rivendell & Madrigal a ballads.  To each his own, but that's just too weird (Kinda like Jazz!).

CAPTAIN!

WE ARE NOW ENTERING AN IRONY FREE ZONE! ENGAGE SHIELDS!

z7shysterical.gif

Someone lost their sarcasm.

Any time The Spirit of Radio or Freewill breaks out in concert, I get really happy! Those two songs in concert just never get old for me. 1022.gif

Archived