What are the Jung Profiles of Rush fans?

mfratt

Whats your Jung type?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your Jung type?

• ESTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ESTP
    • ESFP
    • ENTJ
    • ENTP
    • ENFJ
    • ENFP
    • ISTJ
    • ISFJ
    • ISTP
    • ISFP
    • INTJ
    • INTP
    • INFJ
    • INFP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extroverted (E) 74.29% Introverted (I) 25.71%

Intuitive (N) 69.44% Sensing (S) 30.56%

Feeling (F) 64.71% Thinking (T) 35.29%

Perceiving (P) 68.57% Judging (J) 31.43%

Your type is: ENFP

ENFP - "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.

I've taken this test many times over the years - I'm always an ENFP...

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Apr 3 2009, 08:11 PM)
I will predict that the majority will be introverted ... but what do I know? ph34r.gif

Are the majority of Rush fans introverts or is it that more people who visit online forums are introverts or is it that Rush fans that visit online forums are introverts? Hmmm... I'm always interested by this stuff.

Of the 35 people who have taken the poll, 25 are introverted. Only 10 of us are extroverted.

ENFJ

wub.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 4 2009, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 4 2009, 07:06 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 4 2009, 03:04 PM)
I've taken this time and time again. And ever since I first took it in high school I've always been an ESFP (Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving).

laugh.gif

Which makes you my polar opposite...

OMG! We are complete opposites! I think if you and I sat down together, we'd have a great time being smart asses. Although after a while I'd have to get up and work the room. The extravert in me would start hyperventilating if I couldn't schmooze.

laugh.gif

What an ever-so-nice way of saying:

"That Fridge, he's a right boring bastard" wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 5 2009, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Apr 3 2009, 08:11 PM)
I will predict that the majority will be introverted ... but what do I know? ph34r.gif

Are the majority of Rush fans introverts or is it that more people who visit online forums are introverts or is it that Rush fans that visit online forums are introverts? Hmmm... I'm always interested by this stuff.

Of the 35 people who have taken the poll, 25 are introverted. Only 10 of us are extroverted.

the introvert angle just seems like another sterotype to me.

I'm an INTP. Assassin? Hmmmm.

In a dangerous kind of way, I think that the internet has allowed those deemed to be, or perceived as introverts to come out of their proverbial shells, thus becoming weekend or evening (part-time) extroverts.

Personally .... that does not apply for me on the jobsite (real world) ... and I'm thinking that our past experiences in "how we trust" is the key.

It is quite different being face to face with people compared to sitting in front of a monitor.

I was surprised that taking this questionaire revealed that I was still introverted after so many years of trying to overcome it.

At the same time, those tags do seem overated to me as an adult ... although there may be some value for helping adolescents or for employers (heaven forbid).

My dad used to say that it would be a terrible place if we were all the same. wink.gif

Interesting

Extroverted (E) 58.33% Introverted (I) 41.67%

Intuitive (N) 72.73% Sensing (S) 27.27%

Feeling (F) 58.33% Thinking (T) 41.67%

Perceiving (P) 75.76% Judging (J) 24.24%

ENFP - "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.

Wow I actually wanted to be a journalist a while back. This is very cool.

Wow I just clicked on the "read more" link and ya that's pretty much Bang On description of me. The careers were even scarier: Writer, Massage Therapist. I am a writer and I am studying to be a Massage Therapist!

WILD! huh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 5 2009, 02:44 PM)
Wow I just clicked on the "read more" link and ya that's pretty much Bang On description of me. The careers were even scarier: Writer, Massage Therapist. I am a writer and I am studying to be a Massage Therapist!

WILD! huh.gif

Well mine listed photographer (I'm going to school for photography) and musician (I play bass...not very well but I'm working on that).

Funny thing is that most of the others were in some way interesting to me, even if I don't have the particular skillsets for them (such as a computer programmer).

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Apr 5 2009, 07:57 AM)
I was surprised that taking this questionaire revealed that I was still introverted after so many years of trying to overcome it.

Some of these kind of deep seated personality traits just seem to be part of our makeup. Perhaps you will always naturally be introverted. It doesn't mean that you can't be out there in the world and interact with people and be social and have fun, etc. - just that it's your more natural state. There's nothing wrong with being more introverted, just as there's nothing wrong with any of these designations. Each seems to have their pros and cons, and you know, it'd be really boring if we were all the same. I'm an extrovert, but my wife is an introvert. If everyone was like me it would be exhausting. One of me is enough! tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 5 2009, 03:01 PM)

Some of these kind of deep seated personality traits just seem to be part of our makeup. Perhaps you will always naturally be introverted. It doesn't mean that you can't be out there in the world and interact with people and be social and have fun, etc. - just that it's your more natural state. There's nothing wrong with being more introverted, just as there's nothing wrong with any of these designations. Each seems to have their pros and cons, and you know, it'd be really boring if we were all the same. I'm an extrovert, but my wife is an introvert. If everyone was like me it would be exhausting. One of me is enough! tongue.gif

I never get tired of ya man ... you are an original! 1022.gif ... and there's nothing wrong with that either!

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Extroverted (E) 54.84% Introverted (I) 45.16%

Sensing (S) 66.67% Intuitive (N) 33.33%

Thinking (T) 59.38% Feeling (F) 40.63%

Judging (J) 62.16% Perceiving (P) 37.84%

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

Introverted (I) 61.29% Extroverted (E) 38.71%

Sensing (S) 56.82% Intuitive (N) 43.18%

Thinking (T) 69.7% Feeling (F) 30.3%

Judging (J) 75% Perceiving (P) 25%

This was interesting. I studied psychology in school, years ago. I have taken this test many times over the past 20 years and have always been an INTJ. The last few times, in the last 2-3 years, I come up as ISTJ. I guess you can learn some new behaviors as you get older.

ESTP smile.gif

According to Myers-Briggs, ESTPs are hands-on learners who live in the moment, seeking the best in life, wanting to share it with their friends. The ESTP is open to situations, able to improvise to bring about desired results. They are active people who want to solve their problems rather than simply discuss them.

Outgoing

Charming

Witty

Fun

Generous

Observant

Socially sophisticated

Resourceful

Troubleshooter

Unpredictable

Action oriented

Clever

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 5 2009, 04:01 PM)

Im like you Gary! Im also ENFP! biggrin.gif trink39.gif

ENFP new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/enfp/

The real question is where do the guys in the band fit in the Jung profile? confused13.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Apr 5 2009, 09:29 AM)
I already did this topic http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...ersonality+test

But I'm INTJ.

rofl3.gif i'm so glad you posted that link. i was trying to remember what type i was last time i took it. then i was ENFJ.

this time, ESTJ laugh.gif

Extroverted (E) 53.85% Introverted (I) 46.15%

Sensing (S) 58.06% Intuitive (N) 41.94%

Thinking (T) 53.85% Feeling (F) 46.15%

Judging (J) 63.89% Perceiving (P) 36.11%

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif "pillar of strength" icon_really_happy_guy.gif

what a crock of hooey!

hey, didn't we have a really, really old thread about this? i wonder what i was that time unsure.gif

why the inconsistencies? am i growing? regressing? psycho? confused13.gif

i don't want to play anymore... no wait...i'm versatile,,,ye, that's it, i'm, i'm multi-faceted. trink38.gif

Archived