CHICKENFOOT

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 05:16 PM)
My copy finally came. The packaging is cool.

Awesome! Give it a bunch of listens and let's talk about the music!

The Chad Smith pic is my favourite so far in the sleeve.

One listen all the way through, and I like this one a lot better than the first. I like Satriani's playing a lot more on this one, and MA is more in front with his vocals. I like it. smile.gif

Few songs grew on me. Opening track, Dubai Blues, Different Devil, Come Closer all caught me right away.

MA is showing a lot more of his bass skills too. Eddie must have really kept him under wraps. Opening groove to Dubai Blues is sick!

Lots of nice keyboards too eh?

Yeah, Anthony and Smith own Dubai Blues.

You're right about MA opening up with this band. It DOES make you wonder about how much he was pushed to the background with VH. Sucks, because he's an outstanding bass player, and he can still carry those background harmonies like a crazy person. You gotta give the guy props.

When I went to see Chickenfoot on their first show here, I went with the VHLinks forum. We met up years before in 2004 VH show.

I was so blown away by MA's playing and I asked them WTF? Why is he so good all of a sudden.

They basically said "Don't you know? Eddie kept him under wraps so he wouldn't take away from his guitar work, thus all the attention. That's pretty much common knowledge for the VH fans."

Super f*cked up, man.

Hey, what's this track 11, "Untitled," that doesn't show up on the track listing on the CD cover? It's awesome. Again, opening with MA laying down a mean bassline. Way cool.

I need to go back and listen to the first one to do a comparison. But, I think these guys are incredibly tight on III. I'm diggin' it muchly. cool.gif

Wikipedia calls it "No Change"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenfoot_III

Lots of political talk in that one eh?

Just a little! laugh.gif

I wonder why it loaded to my iTunes as untitled. Because it's supposed to be "hidden?" Not good enough, I guess. tongue.gif No biggie, I'll rename it.

Right now, Something Gone Wrong is the stand out track for me.

I'm terrible with song titles, so I don't know what that one is

laugh.gif

But off the top of my head, the tune that goes "alright alright alright alright alright" is my least favourite.

Well, you know THAT song title... it's called, "Alright Alright." laugh.gif

Something Gone Wrong is track 10.

OK busted out my phone and tuned in.

Oh yeah this tune. I like the slow breaks in this one, with the bluesy guitar.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 05:16 PM)
My copy finally came. The packaging is cool.

Awesome! Give it a bunch of listens and let's talk about the music!

The Chad Smith pic is my favourite so far in the sleeve.

One listen all the way through, and I like this one a lot better than the first. I like Satriani's playing a lot more on this one, and MA is more in front with his vocals. I like it. smile.gif

Few songs grew on me. Opening track, Dubai Blues, Different Devil, Come Closer all caught me right away.

MA is showing a lot more of his bass skills too. Eddie must have really kept him under wraps. Opening groove to Dubai Blues is sick!

Lots of nice keyboards too eh?

Yeah, Anthony and Smith own Dubai Blues.

You're right about MA opening up with this band. It DOES make you wonder about how much he was pushed to the background with VH. Sucks, because he's an outstanding bass player, and he can still carry those background harmonies like a crazy person. You gotta give the guy props.

When I went to see Chickenfoot on their first show here, I went with the VHLinks forum. We met up years before in 2004 VH show.

I was so blown away by MA's playing and I asked them WTF? Why is he so good all of a sudden.

They basically said "Don't you know? Eddie kept him under wraps so he wouldn't take away from his guitar work, thus all the attention. That's pretty much common knowledge for the VH fans."

Super f*cked up, man.

Hey, what's this track 11, "Untitled," that doesn't show up on the track listing on the CD cover? It's awesome. Again, opening with MA laying down a mean bassline. Way cool.

I need to go back and listen to the first one to do a comparison. But, I think these guys are incredibly tight on III. I'm diggin' it muchly. cool.gif

Wikipedia calls it "No Change"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenfoot_III

Lots of political talk in that one eh?

Just a little! laugh.gif

I wonder why it loaded to my iTunes as untitled. Because it's supposed to be "hidden?" Not good enough, I guess. tongue.gif No biggie, I'll rename it.

Right now, Something Gone Wrong is the stand out track for me.

I'm terrible with song titles, so I don't know what that one is

laugh.gif

But off the top of my head, the tune that goes "alright alright alright alright alright" is my least favourite.

Well, you know THAT song title... it's called, "Alright Alright." laugh.gif

Something Gone Wrong is track 10.

OK busted out my phone and tuned in.

Oh yeah this tune. I like the slow breaks in this one, with the bluesy guitar.

Yeah, it's good!

I'm going to put on the first one now and do the comparison. But, I'd still say that III shows that these guys have really jelled as a group.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 21 2011, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 21 2011, 03:34 PM)
My copy finally arrived today.

The reason for the delay apparently was the UK release date is October 24...

trink36.gif

Wow that was long..

That's what she said

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 21 2011, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 21 2011, 03:34 PM)
My copy finally arrived today.

The reason for the delay apparently was the UK release date is October 24...

trink36.gif

Wow that was long..

Aye I know...

cool10.gif

That is pure Bullshit. Ed has been trying to get Billy Sheehan in V H since 1980. Ask Billy if you ever meet him, I did . Every tour/ album since 1980 and Billy still said no. I am sure you can find it online as well. Why would Ed hold MA back and try to get a bass player with 10 times the talent

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 21 2011, 04:16 PM)

I was so blown away by MA's playing and I asked them WTF?  Why is he so good all of a sudden.

They basically said "Don't you know?  Eddie kept him under wraps so he wouldn't take away from his guitar work, thus all the attention.  That's pretty much common knowledge for the VH fans."

That is pure Bullshit. Ed has been trying to get Billy Sheehan in V H since 1980. Ask Billy if you ever meet him, I did . Every tour/ album since 1980 and Billy still said no. I am sure you can find it online as well. Why would Ed hold MA back and try to get a bass player with 10 times the talent

Any idea why Sheehan kept saying no? Seems like he turned down a dream gig and he wasn't as if in a band that was doing anything much at the time...

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 21 2011, 05:16 PM)

I was so blown away by MA's playing and I asked them WTF?  Why is he so good all of a sudden.

They basically said "Don't you know?  Eddie kept him under wraps so he wouldn't take away from his guitar work, thus all the attention.  That's pretty much common knowledge for the VH fans."

That would have been a huge mistake. I play the bass, and I agree that Anthony is not a particularly talented instrumentalist. However, his background vocals were a HUGE part of the VH sound. They are going to miss him if they ever actually record another album.

On topic, I actually like s/t better than III.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Oct 22 2011, 01:19 PM)
That would have been a huge mistake. I play the bass, and I agree that Anthony is not a particularly talented instrumentalist. However, his background vocals were a HUGE part of the VH sound.

If they would have fired Mike back in 1980, i don't think V.H. fans would have cared that much. They only had 3 albums at that point . I can only imagine what the music would have sounded like with Billy on bass and he has a good voice also.

my favorite thing about Chickenfoot is their logo. sorry Sammy..

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 21 2011, 04:16 PM) QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:20 PM)

Any idea why Sheehan kept saying no? Seems like he turned down a dream gig and he wasn't as if in a band that was doing anything much at the time...

Still bullshit?

http://eddietrunk.com/singer-sammy-hagar-defends-bassist-michael-anthony-see-video-here/

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 21 2011, 04:16 PM) QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:20 PM)

Still bullshit?

http://eddietrunk.co...see-video-here/

Oh i can't remember what happened on here 4 years ago! I've moved on! :AlienSmiley: