• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pics I took from show last tour:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/3562871173_a9dc5980b5_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3563670410_94848b699d_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3615/3563652590_eac2fc7da3_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/3562884245_e77aba2841_z.jpg

Also worth noting - Sammy mentioned hanging out with Alex Lifeson the night before the show, and it was confirmed Alex was backstage watching the show! Damn I wish I would have known at the time!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 28 2011, 01:50 PM)
Some pics I took from show last tour:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/3562871173_a9dc5980b5_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3563670410_94848b699d_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3615/3563652590_eac2fc7da3_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/3562884245_e77aba2841_z.jpg

Also worth noting - Sammy mentioned hanging out with Alex Lifeson the night before the show, and it was confirmed Alex was backstage watching the show! Damn I wish I would have known at the time!

That's very cool about Alex, I never knew he knew Hagar!

Great pics you took there too!

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 29 2011, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 29 2011, 09:47 AM)
I actually like this one better than the first. Not liking the "I want a job" song, but the songs before that are pretty good.

It grew on me. I think musically it isn't so hot, but the message is good.

Yeah, I think it was trying tooo hard to get a message across, and forgot about making a good song. I don't like Hagar talking throughout songs... he does it way too much.

Honestly...this album is absolutely...

SOLID!!!

Just a friggin' great album!! III is solid and certainly trumps the first record.

My Favourite Tracks (right now) are:

Last Temptation, Different Devil, Up Next, Lighten Up, Come Closer, and Something Going Wrong

This album has me hooked right now...just a great vibe, great album, and all-around FUN to listen to. I'm really digging it.

'Something Going Wrong' has to be one of the best new songs I've heard in ages! I was floored by it on my drive home yesterday. This song is fantastic, and those backing vocals are perfect!

As I stated earlier...this album has Satch written all over it. As a huge fan of Joe, I couldn't be happier really. I can hear so much of his solo stuff in many of these songs! Good stuff indeed.

Even if you wrote off their first album...PLEASE check this one out. It's great!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 30 2011, 03:30 PM)
Honestly...this album is absolutely...

SOLID!!!

Just a friggin' great album!! III is solid and certainly trumps the first record.

My Favourite Tracks (right now) are:

Last Temptation, Different Devil, Up Next, Lighten Up, Come Closer, and Something Going Wrong

This album has me hooked right now...just a great vibe, great album, and all-around FUN to listen to. I'm really digging it.

'Something Going Wrong' has to be one of the best new songs I've heard in ages! I was floored by it on my drive home yesterday. This song is fantastic, and those backing vocals are perfect!

As I stated earlier...this album has Satch written all over it. As a huge fan of Joe, I couldn't be happier really. I can hear so much of his solo stuff in many of these songs! Good stuff indeed.

Even if you wrote off their first album...PLEASE check this one out. It's great!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yo ED -

Where abouts are you? Bunch of us on the VH forum hook up for shows in Toronto.

Last Chickenfoot show was a blast! Bastille Night from here came along.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 05:16 PM)
My copy finally came. The packaging is cool.

Awesome! Give it a bunch of listens and let's talk about the music!

The Chad Smith pic is my favourite so far in the sleeve.

That is pretty wicked. Don't care much for the thing on the back of the pics where you're supposed to scan on your smart phone. My phone is only semi-intelligent. What happens when you use those bar codes?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 05:34 PM)

That is pretty wicked. Don't care much for the thing on the back of the pics where you're supposed to scan on your smart phone. My phone is only semi-intelligent. What happens when you use those bar codes?

Honestly haven't tried them yet. I'll give them a shot later. I imagine they take you to a microsite with more info on the artist.

One listen all the way through, and I like this one a lot better than the first. I like Satriani's playing a lot more on this one, and MA is more in front with his vocals. I like it. smile.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 08:52 PM)

One listen all the way through, and I like this one a lot better than the first. I like Satriani's playing a lot more on this one, and MA is more in front with his vocals. I like it. smile.gif

Few songs grew on me. Opening track, Dubai Blues, Different Devil, Come Closer all caught me right away.

MA is showing a lot more of his bass skills too. Eddie must have really kept him under wraps. Opening groove to Dubai Blues is sick!

Lots of nice keyboards too eh?

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 07:57 PM)

Few songs grew on me. Opening track, Dubai Blues, Different Devil, Come Closer all caught me right away.

MA is showing a lot more of his bass skills too. Eddie must have really kept him under wraps. Opening groove to Dubai Blues is sick!

Yeah, Anthony and Smith own Dubai Blues.

You're right about MA opening up with this band. It DOES make you wonder about how much he was pushed to the background with VH. Sucks, because he's an outstanding bass player, and he can still carry those background harmonies like a crazy person. You gotta give the guy props.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:12 PM)

You're right about MA opening up with this band. It DOES make you wonder about how much he was pushed to the background with VH. Sucks, because he's an outstanding bass player, and he can still carry those background harmonies like a crazy person. You gotta give the guy props.

When I went to see Chickenfoot on their first show here, I went with the VHLinks forum. We met up years before in 2004 VH show.

I was so blown away by MA's playing and I asked them WTF? Why is he so good all of a sudden.

They basically said "Don't you know? Eddie kept him under wraps so he wouldn't take away from his guitar work, thus all the attention. That's pretty much common knowledge for the VH fans."

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:20 PM)

When I went to see Chickenfoot on their first show here, I went with the VHLinks forum. We met up years before in 2004 VH show.

I was so blown away by MA's playing and I asked them WTF? Why is he so good all of a sudden.

They basically said "Don't you know? Eddie kept him under wraps so he wouldn't take away from his guitar work, thus all the attention. That's pretty much common knowledge for the VH fans."

Super f*cked up, man.

Hey, what's this track 11, "Untitled," that doesn't show up on the track listing on the CD cover? It's awesome. Again, opening with MA laying down a mean bassline. Way cool.

I need to go back and listen to the first one to do a comparison. But, I think these guys are incredibly tight on III. I'm diggin' it muchly. cool.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:24 PM)

Super f*cked up, man.

Hey, what's this track 11, "Untitled," that doesn't show up on the track listing on the CD cover? It's awesome. Again, opening with MA laying down a mean bassline. Way cool.

I need to go back and listen to the first one to do a comparison. But, I think these guys are incredibly tight on III. I'm diggin' it muchly. cool.gif

Wikipedia calls it "No Change"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenfoot_III

Lots of political talk in that one eh?

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:29 PM)

Super f*cked up, man.

Just a little! laugh.gif

I wonder why it loaded to my iTunes as untitled. Because it's supposed to be "hidden?" Not good enough, I guess. tongue.gif No biggie, I'll rename it.

Right now, Something Gone Wrong is the stand out track for me.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:36 PM)

Super f*cked up, man.

Just a little! laugh.gif

I wonder why it loaded to my iTunes as untitled. Because it's supposed to be "hidden?" Not good enough, I guess. tongue.gif No biggie, I'll rename it.

I'm terrible with song titles, so I don't know what that one is

laugh.gif

But off the top of my head, the tune that goes "alright alright alright alright alright" is my least favourite.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 1 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 1 2011, 09:36 PM)

Super f*cked up, man.

Just a little! laugh.gif

I'm terrible with song titles, so I don't know what that one is

laugh.gif

But off the top of my head, the tune that goes "alright alright alright alright alright" is my least favourite.

Well, you know THAT song title... it's called, "Alright Alright." laugh.gif

Something Gone Wrong is track 10.