Dallas Cowboys

Wow. Yesterday was a slap in the face to this "homer". The play calling is inexplicable. The two throws at the end?? Where the hell was Barber in the second half? And Romo is going backwards quickly.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Oct 5 2009, 11:17 AM)
Wow. Yesterday was a slap in the face to this "homer". The play calling is inexplicable. The two throws at the end?? Where the hell was Barber in the second half? And Romo is going backwards quickly.

He's regression because he's not being coached properly. For a bright future, we need to lose early and make the coaching change. Let Garrett prove that he's not ready to be a head coach and hopefully we can get a real coach next year.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 5 2009, 12:05 PM)
Unravelling faster than I thought. I want us to lose early so we can go ahead with the inevitable firing of Wade.

The Cowboys have no direction.

I had picked you guys to lose that one anyway. I took some heat at work for that pick, but hey, I'm gloating today. cool.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 5 2009, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Oct 5 2009, 11:17 AM)
Wow.  Yesterday was a slap in the face to this "homer".  The play calling is inexplicable.  The two throws at the end??  Where the hell was Barber in the second half?  And Romo is going backwards quickly.

He's regression because he's not being coached properly. For a bright future, we need to lose early and make the coaching change. Let Garrett prove that he's not ready to be a head coach and hopefully we can get a real coach next year.

Youve got the punt blocking LCD, and the velor, now gets you a new coach with a brain.

And let me know when youve given up on Romo. laugh.gif trink39.gif

I don't know. Something changed with Romo over the last season and a half. And I don't blame it all on TO! He has lost that fun-loving, devil may care attitude - probably because he took so much heat over it in the media. He doesn't look like he is having fun anymore. And I think this has affected his play. The emphasis on not making mistakes, while well intentioned, has neutered his creative playmaking. They are making him stay in the pocket, yet most of his memorable plays, including the last minute pass to Sam Hurd against the Broncos, occur when he is scrambling and innovating on the run. Not sure if it is Garrett or the invisible quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson (what the heck has he been up to), but someone has to guide Romo to a middle ground where he can still play the way he did when he became the starter, while also cutting down on stupid mistakes. I think he is still a great quarterback who has had his game cut out from under him.

Romo, Romo, Romo!!! Not the start we all were all hoping for! Normally he doesn`t play this bad until the playoffs!! All this poor decision making, throwing the ball behind, or out of the reach of WIDE OPEN recievers, and then going to the bench and pouting has to stop! Go do it on someone else`s team!!

And is it me.....but will Jason Whitten ever try to run....maybe a little...when he makes a catch!!

I`m hard on my boys, but we aren`t going to make it far at all this year, playing this way!!

What do the rest of the Cowboy-Rush fans out there think???

ya`ll take care!

All i can say is confused13.gif About a whole lot of things that went wrong. This is going to get ugly very soon if they [Romo] do not get their act together

QUOTE (Dbl-Strk @ Oct 6 2009, 10:11 AM)
Romo, Romo, Romo!!! Not the start we all were all hoping for! Normally he doesn`t play this bad until the playoffs!! All this poor decision making, throwing the ball behind, or out of the reach of WIDE OPEN recievers, and then going to the bench and pouting has to stop! Go do it on someone else`s team!!
And is it me.....but will Jason Whitten ever try to run....maybe a little...when he makes a catch!!
I`m hard on my boys, but we aren`t going to make it far at all this year, playing this way!!

ya`ll take care!

I think we need to shit can our hillbilly coach.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Oct 6 2009, 10:53 AM)
I don't know. Something changed with Romo over the last season and a half. And I don't blame it all on TO! He has lost that fun-loving, devil may care attitude -

Ending the season multiple times on boneheaded plays probably worked into that... laugh.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 6 2009, 12:45 PM)
Romo, Romo, Romo!!!  Not the start we all were all hoping for!  Normally he doesn`t play this bad until the playoffs!!  All this poor decision making, throwing the ball behind, or out of the reach of WIDE OPEN recievers, and then going to the bench and pouting has to stop!  Go do it on someone else`s team!!

ya`ll take care!

Hes brutal. Utterly brutal. I cant believe this is the same onwer who once hired Jimmy Johnson.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 6 2009, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 6 2009, 12:45 PM)
Romo, Romo, Romo!!!  Not the start we all were all hoping for!  Normally he doesn`t play this bad until the playoffs!!  All this poor decision making, throwing the ball behind, or out of the reach of WIDE OPEN recievers, and then going to the bench and pouting has to stop!  Go do it on someone else`s team!!

ya`ll take care!

Hes brutal. Utterly brutal. I cant believe this is the same onwer who once hired Jimmy Johnson.

Yeah, he hired JJ, and then replaced him with Switzer. fing.gif

A team takes on the personality of it's coach, and this team is uninspired and sloppy. Get Cowher or Holmgren in here NOW. Holmgrens QB's have somebody in their ear the moment they come off the field. There's no time to pout, they immediately get to work on what there is to correct or take advantage of.

And I aint too happy with Redball right now either.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Oct 7 2009, 01:06 PM)
lol Oh damn, poor Romo... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,194346

laugh.gif Yeah read that this morning...the writer is right though..the QB should know the down and distance at all times regardless of who is calling the plays or what the situation is.

yeah, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about this year comp26.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 7 2009, 11:23 AM)
Wade is not the only problem.

I think Romo is not NFL starter material anymore. NFL backup, certainly.

I completely disagree and the numbers don't lie. He's PROVEN that he can play at a high level. He's regressing because of poor coaching. He needs a fire under his ass. We are an undisciplined team with no leadership or direction. The killer instinct is lacking.

Anyone who says Romo isn't a starting quarterback, just ain't looking at the facts and the stats. I agree with the post above re: Holmgren. No coaches talk to Romo on the sideline. What the hell does Wade Wilson do anyway???

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Oct 7 2009, 12:37 PM)
What the hell does Wade Wilson do anyway???

Nothing, thats the problem

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Oct 7 2009, 12:37 PM)
Anyone who says Romo isn't a starting quarterback, just ain't looking at the facts and the stats. I agree with the post above re: Holmgren. No coaches talk to Romo on the sideline. What the hell does Wade Wilson do anyway???

Wade's head phone is shut off and his play chart is blank. He's an idiotic puppet that stands on the sidelines with a befuddled look while dreaming of fishing and eating guacamole burgers.

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 7 2009, 01:25 PM)

I think Romo is not NFL starter material anymore.  NFL backup, certainly.

I completely disagree and the numbers don't lie. He's PROVEN that he can play at a high level. He's regressing because of poor coaching. He needs a fire under his ass. We are an undisciplined team with no leadership or direction. The killer instinct is lacking.

You guys have needed a fire under your ass since 1996.

I don't think either of the people in this discussion were here then.

And if you want to make the numbers argument, then fine. Because Jon Kitna had "better numbers" than Tony Romo when he came to Dallas. Yet he's the backup. And for good reason, because despite "the numbers" he screwed up at critical points in a ballgame and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Just like I see Romo doing.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 8 2009, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 7 2009, 01:25 PM)

I think Romo is not NFL starter material anymore.  NFL backup, certainly.

You guys have needed a fire under your ass since 1996.

I don't think either of the people in this discussion were here then.

And if you want to make the numbers argument, then fine. Because Jon Kitna had "better numbers" than Tony Romo when he came to Dallas. Yet he's the backup. And for good reason, because despite "the numbers" he screwed up at critical points in a ballgame and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Just like I see Romo doing.

I think that Romo can be a very good QB if he wasn't part of a disjointed team.

I would like to see what Shannahan could do with him.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 8 2009, 01:21 PM)

Perhaps. But sometimes things can't be undone.

That's usually when you get the label of "jorneyman QB". Like Kitna.

And would Jones and Shannhan really get along?

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 8 2009, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 8 2009, 01:21 PM)

Perhaps. But sometimes things can't be undone.

That's usually when you get the label of "jorneyman QB". Like Kitna.

And would Jones and Shannhan really get along?

They would get along for three years or so and then Jerry would revert to his old ways. It will be a roller coaster down here until Stephen Jones takes over. He's the sensible one.

Archived