Dallas Cowboys

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Aug 22 2009, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 22 2009, 11:30 AM)
not for nothing, and i'm a cowboys fans, but those huge scoreboards in the middle of the field look ridiculous.

The RESERVE punter for the Titans hit the scoreboard the other night in the first game at the new place. Its only 90 feet up from the field.

what a waste of money. wacko.gif

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 14 2009, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 14 2009, 10:33 AM)
Oh, and let me be the first to advise you of this: you better hope and pray that Tony Romo does not get hurt.

I usually hope hes in!

laugh.gif

not sure who I fear more........Romo or Kitna? tough call........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 23 2009, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 14 2009, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 14 2009, 10:33 AM)
Oh, and let me be the first to advise you of this: you better hope and pray that Tony Romo does not get hurt.

I usually hope hes in!

laugh.gif

not sure who I fear more........Romo or Kitna? tough call........

That makes no sense at all.

The Romo bashing makes me laugh. He is still one of the better quarterbacks in the league, and I think he is improving. He has shown that he is taking steps to protect the ball more this year. He is one of the best innovators at quarterback in the NFL. His stats are still right up there and certainly don't back up the bashing. He needs help from the O line this year. The team looked a LOT better on Friday. I stand by my confidence in the Cowboys this year. I got 18:1 in Vegas and I will take those odds on this team.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Aug 24 2009, 11:52 AM)
The Romo bashing makes me laugh. He is still one of the better quarterbacks in the league, and I think he is improving. He has shown that he is taking steps to protect the ball more this year. He is one of the best innovators at quarterback in the NFL. His stats are still right up there and certainly don't back up the bashing. He needs help from the O line this year. The team looked a LOT better on Friday. I stand by my confidence in the Cowboys this year. I got 18:1 in Vegas and I will take those odds on this team.

2006 - 5th in the NFL in QB rating

2007 - 5th in the NFL in QB rating

2008- 8th in the NFL in QB rating

I guess that sucks? confused13.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 24 2009, 11:49 AM)
The Romo bashing makes me laugh.  He is still one of the better quarterbacks in the league, and I think he is improving.  He has shown that he is taking steps to protect the ball more this year.  He is one of the best innovators at quarterback in the NFL.  His stats are still right up there and certainly don't back up the bashing.  He needs help from the O line this year.  The team looked a LOT better on Friday.  I stand by my confidence in the Cowboys this year.  I got 18:1 in Vegas and I will take those odds on this team.

For a Cowboys QB with no skins at all - yup it sucks.

Win a damn playoff game!!!

And yes, I know it's all the staypuff marshmallow man's fault. wink.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Aug 24 2009, 10:57 PM)
The Romo bashing makes me laugh.  He is still one of the better quarterbacks in the league, and I think he is improving.  He has shown that he is taking steps to protect the ball more this year.  He is one of the best innovators at quarterback in the NFL.  His stats are still right up there and certainly don't back up the bashing.  He needs help from the O line this year.  The team looked a LOT better on Friday.  I stand by my confidence in the Cowboys this year.  I got 18:1 in Vegas and I will take those odds on this team.

And partly Romo's. What's most troubling with Romo is that he's taking on the personality of the head coach. That's why Wade must go.

i really don't know how to feel about this year yet confused13.gif

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Aug 26 2009, 10:47 AM)
Put it back on liquidcrystal!!! The curse is to prevent Tony from falling in love again. Now he can concentrate on football and football only!

So it has been added. He's cursed again and everything is fine smile.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 25 2009, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Aug 24 2009, 10:57 PM)

And partly Romo's. What's most troubling with Romo is that he's taking on the personality of the head coach. That's why Wade must go.

Really? Seems to me that Romo has been happy-go-lucky all along. That being said Wade=great D coordinator, but very average head coach. Perhaps Tony will step it up anyway.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Aug 25 2009, 11:12 AM)
How did Peyton Manning do the first few years in the league? Any play off wins? I guess he sucks too. laugh.gif

Please - Romo is no, and will never be Manning. Hed have to have a hands and brain transplant before the playoffs.

Of couse Romo is no Peyton Manning. But to equate failure strictly with no playoff wins in the first 3 years of his playing career, would make Peyton and a few others failures as well.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Aug 31 2009, 10:29 AM)
Of couse Romo is no Peyton Manning. But to equate failure strictly with no playoff wins in the first 3 years of his playing career, would make Peyton and a few others failures as well.

Let me put it another way. Peyton didnt end two straight seasons playoffs with boneheaded plays. laugh.gif

Of course you cant equate success w/ playoffs only, theres other things and the whole team has to win.

But Ive been waiting for the Romo Ive been promised to come out. And guess what - on paper hes got some talent to throw too, and it was him who dropped the field goal place and him that threw an interception into the end zone to the Giants to end that years playoff bid.

I still am waiting on when the brilliant Romo will show up and so far I dont see it.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 31 2009, 10:10 AM)
Of couse Romo is no Peyton Manning.  But to equate failure strictly with no playoff wins in the first 3 years of his playing career, would make Peyton and a few others failures as well.

Let me put it another way. Peyton didnt end two straight seasons playoffs with boneheaded plays. laugh.gif

Of course you cant equate success w/ playoffs only, theres other things and the whole team has to win.

But Ive been waiting for the Romo Ive been promised to come out. And guess what - on paper hes got some talent to throw too, and it was him who dropped the field goal place and him that threw an interception into the end zone to the Giants to end that years playoff bid.

I still am waiting on when the brilliant Romo will show up and so far I dont see it.

Believe me. The pressure is on him sumpin' fierce. I would have brought in a your player like Chris Simms as the backup. The best move is to have someone on the bench that is a threat to take away his job.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 31 2009, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 31 2009, 10:10 AM)
Of couse Romo is no Peyton Manning.  But to equate failure strictly with no playoff wins in the first 3 years of his playing career, would make Peyton and a few others failures as well.

Believe me. The pressure is on him sumpin' fierce. I would have brought in a your player like Chris Simms as the backup. The best move is to have someone on the bench that is a threat to take away his job.

You got that right. Did the trick for Donnovan last year even though the backup fell on his face!

I am turning into a Romo apologist it seems, but an admitted "slick" ball on that field goal, and a last second hail mary interception don't necessarily qualify as "bonehead" plays. The play before the interception, Romo placed a perfect throw into the end zone that Patrick Crayton clearly gave up on early, and ended up being a few feet short. In that game he was running for his life, betrayed by an O line that decided not to show up. Before the field goal snap, Jason Witten made a clear first down that was inexplicably changed by a ref who did not have a clear view. In both instances, Romo got the team in position to win. I refuse to accept that he is responsible for the play off losses.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Sep 1 2009, 09:24 AM)
I am turning into a Romo apologist it seems, but an admitted "slick" ball on that field goal, and a last second hail mary interception don't necessarily qualify as "bonehead" plays. The play before the interception, Romo placed a perfect throw into the end zone that Patrick Crayton clearly gave up on early, and ended up being a few feet short. In that game he was running for his life, betrayed by an O line that decided not to show up. Before the field goal snap, Jason Witten made a clear first down that was inexplicably changed by a ref who did not have a clear view. In both instances, Romo got the team in position to win. I refuse to accept that he is responsible for the play off losses.

We got ripped off in the Giants game but that's what we get for letting them stay so close.

I don't pin the loss to the Giants on Romo but I blame him in Seattle. Slick schmick. He choked on that one.

Archived