Dallas Cowboys

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Sep 15 2009, 11:15 PM)
So ... what are the odds on the 1st punter/kicker to hit the scoreboard in the regular season? wink.gif

classic matchup ... Love it! 'Boys/Gi'nts 1022.gif

I'll give 10-1 that it wont be a Cowboys foot-man.

I don't really see how it could possibly benefit an opposing team to intentionally do so though. It's just a do-over after all.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 17 2009, 10:31 AM)
The stadium has been called three different things by our local media. First was Jerry World. Then came the Boss Hogg Bowl. But the last one is pure greatness. "The Deathstar"

The Deathstar. laugh.gif Haven't heard that one yet, but I've been away from the radio with my new gig. Let me guess, The Ticket right? Boss Hogg bowl is Galloway I know.

I still think Jerry World works best. At least let's hope it does.

how very sad. it never should have come to that. 3 int's and we were still in the game confused13.gif ran the ball up and down the field and to lose by 2 points is lame

The stadium has been called three different things by our local media.  First was Jerry World.  Then came the Boss Hogg Bowl.  But the last one is pure greatness.  "The Deathstar"

laugh.gif I love it! What a disappointing way to officially start the season in that thing. All I can say is, as bad as we looked, at least we only lost by a couple. Maybe (maybe) Wade will get in a few ears this week and we'll come out looking sharper.

Edit: Should've said bad as a whole, I was definitely excited to see some of the individual stuff put up by Felix (fumble aside) and Ratliff especially.

i think the new stadium is right in line with jerry jones' massive ego. the scoreboard still looks ridiculous in the middle of the field, and what's with the two huge screens outside the stadium? are these for tailgaters who have yet to enter the stadium and don't want to miss any of the game? If not why would you pay to stand in a parking lot and watch a game on a huge screen? the dugout seats look pretty bad also. you can't see anything when you're standing in there but hey i'm not the one paying for it. the luxury boxes look good though along with the food spread in there.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 21 2009, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (raptorcox @ Sep 21 2009, 11:34 AM)
Way to go Giants!  WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ditto.

By the way, we get it......Dallas has a very nice stadium. We're tired of hearing about it everytime we turn on the channel.

i wouldn't even call it a stadium. it's like a jerry jones fantasy park.

cage dancers?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 21 2009, 08:10 AM)
how very sad. it never should have come to that. 3 int's and we were still in the game confused13.gif ran the ball up and down the field and to lose by 2 points is lame

We have no brains.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 21 2009, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (raptorcox @ Sep 21 2009, 11:34 AM)
Way to go Giants!  WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ditto.

By the way, we get it......Dallas has a very nice stadium. We're tired of hearing about it everytime we turn on the channel.

Sort of like Tebow huh? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 21 2009, 09:10 AM)
The stadium has been called three different things by our local media.  First was Jerry World.  Then came the Boss Hogg Bowl.  But the last one is pure greatness.  "The Deathstar"

laugh.gif I love it! What a disappointing way to officially start the season in that thing. All I can say is, as bad as we looked, at least we only lost by a couple. Maybe (maybe) Wade will get in a few ears this week and we'll come out looking sharper.

Edit: Should've said bad as a whole, I was definitely excited to see some of the individual stuff put up by Felix (fumble aside) and Ratliff especially.

We have no leadership. A really sick part of me wants us to lose early so we can hire a real head coach. But no, we'll rebound and will be around 7-1 or 6-2 at the midpoint of the season and will fade away (yet again) in December.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 21 2009, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 21 2009, 02:45 PM)
Props on the new stadium..

.......and the cage dancing cheerleaders out in the stands.....I hope THAT idea spreads to other stadiums!!!

are you kidding me? i think it's trashy.

not that kind of cage dancing...... "cage dancing" for a lack of a better word....

It was just a raised platform in the stands for cheerleading in the audience....... It was not strippers or anything.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 21 2009, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 21 2009, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 21 2009, 02:45 PM)
Props on the new stadium..

.......and the cage dancing cheerleaders out in the stands.....I hope THAT idea spreads to other stadiums!!!

are you kidding me? i think it's trashy.

not that kind of cage dancing...... "cage dancing" for a lack of a better word....

It was just a raised platform in the stands for cheerleading in the audience....... It was not strippers or anything.

i understand but keep the cheerleaders on the sidelines. society keeps pushing the label and the next thing you know they have pole dancers up there. everyone has there own opinion but i don't like it.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Sep 21 2009, 01:15 PM)
Could someone remove Al Michaels lips from Jerry Jones a-hole. laugh.gif

Got a crow bar?

--------------------------------------------

Not a great night for Romo. Plenty of great plays, but plenty of mistakes as well. The running game was a good sign, but Garrett seems to still be a throw-first guy. I believe in throwing the ball to get a lead, but you've got to run the ball to protect that lead. We didn't do that in the second half Sunday night.

MBIII hurt, for how long? Must b able to win games like that at home (sunday night against NY). Running game looks fantastic, D looks terrible. No pass rush. That's all you have to do to Eli, and most any other QB, i guess. I want to see how great the Giants OL looks against another team. They looked like superstars on sunday. Romo lost the game. I suppose he'll win a few, too. Im guessing 10-6. I think Philly will suck worse than Dallas.

QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ Sep 22 2009, 12:48 AM)
MBIII hurt, for how long? Must b able to win games like that at home (sunday night against NY). Running game looks fantastic, D looks terrible. No pass rush. That's all you have to do to Eli, and most any other QB, i guess. I want to see how great the Giants OL looks against another team. They looked like superstars on sunday. Romo lost the game. I suppose he'll win a few, too. Im guessing 10-6. I think Philly will suck worse than Dallas.

Yes. Yes we will.

Just got back from Dallas. I posted in the other thread about the stadium. The game was exciting with the high scoring and the lead changes, but the ending sucked. The defence caved on that last drive. First and 20 from the 15. The Dallas D should have stopped them. My buddy is a Giants fan and all he did all game long was complain about Eli. Yet at the end, Eli's stats made him look like a superstar. On the other side, the Giants secondary was depleted and from my viewpoint, it looked like Tony never even looked down field. The inconsistency kills me. Tony looks like a gunslinger one game and can't hit anyone the next. Our run D sucks one week and then is all-world the next. Our secondary looks great one game and then can't cover anyone the next. I was bummed for 24 hours and now I am excited about the next game. I hope they can get this fixed and get everyone on the same page at the same time.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Sep 22 2009, 10:16 AM)
Just got back from Dallas. I posted in the other thread about the stadium. The game was exciting with the high scoring and the lead changes, but the ending sucked. The defence caved on that last drive. First and 20 from the 15. The Dallas D should have stopped them. My buddy is a Giants fan and all he did all game long was complain about Eli. Yet at the end, Eli's stats made him look like a superstar. On the other side, the Giants secondary was depleted and from my viewpoint, it looked like Tony never even looked down field. The inconsistency kills me. Tony looks like a gunslinger one game and can't hit anyone the next. Our run D sucks one week and then is all-world the next. Our secondary looks great one game and then can't cover anyone the next. I was bummed for 24 hours and now I am excited about the next game. I hope they can get this fixed and get everyone on the same page at the same time.

how much was the parking and did you tailgate?

I was down from Toronto so I was on a package tour. Took a bus to and from the stadium. I skipped the tail gate party this year as I wanted to take it all in and wander around and through the stadium. There was lots of tailgating going on though!

Archived