Dallas Cowboys

QUOTE (Echoes @ Mar 12 2009, 07:52 PM)
What do you guys think of the trading of Anthony Henry to Detroit for John Kitna? Personally, I dont mind Kitna as a backup, but IMO the price the Cowboys paid for him was too high....

I would have preferred Chris Simms or Jeff Garcia. I think that we need a quarterback that poses a threat to Romo. I know Simms is still unproven but I think he's got something. Romo needs some competition and Kitna is no threat to him. Anyway, Kitna is a hell of a lot better than the old spare Johnson.

Anthony Henry was disposable and probably wouldn't have started even if he stayed here.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 11 2009, 09:34 AM)
Wow! For some reason, I decided to enter this part of the Forum for the first time. I am a Cowboys FANATIC! I live and die with this team and have since 1971 when I was a little kid in Toronto and watched them win their first Super Bowl. My license plate is DALASFAN. I am on their web site and others every day getting the latest info.

Here is my take on a few things. I was surprised that Jerry let TO go. Unfortunately his production (which was still more than respectable last year) couldn't overcome his celebrity. The media blew a lot of stuff WAY out of proportion, but I also truly believe that he divided the locker room because of his very strong personality. I can live with him going though.

I have a really good feeling about Miles Austin. I think he is going to take the next step this year and he will be the one to stretch the field and Roy Williams will be much better with a full off season working with Romo. Romo will also get back some of his happy go lucky attitude. He looked unhappy too often last year and I believe the media attention on Owens and the "feud" wore on him. He was also really banged up.

And the main reason that I am not too worried about Owen's absence - we have one of the pemier running games in the NFL now! Tashard Choice and Marion Barber are going to be traditional RB's. Felix is going to be lining up all over and he will also be lined up out wide and used to stretch the field at times. He is going to be a monster!

I so very much hope that you're right. yes.gif

And here's to ya volunteer! trink39.gif Texas would never have been a republic without you boys. Ok, so you're from Toronto; so much the better. 2.gif

I'm tending toward being optimistic about next season like you are. The biggest factor in my mind is the OL play. Romo is not a big guy, and there's no way he can take a pounding. Give him the same kind of protection that Len Dawson got, and you'll get a similar performance. Do to him what was done to Aikman early in his career, and he'll be through within two years.

Run the ball while keeping the offence versatile, and come with an aggressive D. I think that gives us a punchers chance.

The O line definitely has to regroup this year. Remember Flozell played hurt for a number of games last year. He had an infected hand which was rendered amost useless for quite a while. And Kosier was missed more than any of us exected. All I know is the team I saw live in the season opener in Cleveland looked pretty darn good. Staying healthy like we did previous years is THE key. Kitna is a decent back up. No one is going to challenge Romo for at least another couple of years with his contract.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 16 2009, 11:59 PM)
The O line definitely has to regroup this year. Remember Flozell played hurt for a number of games last year. He had an infected hand which was rendered amost useless for quite a while. And Kosier was missed more than any of us exected. All I know is the team I saw live in the season opener in Cleveland looked pretty darn good. Staying healthy like we did previous years is THE key. Kitna is a decent back up. No one is going to challenge Romo for at least another couple of years with his contract.

Our biggest problem is leadership. We don't have any. Even after clearing out some of the locker room cancer, we are still having problems. We have a divided locker room still.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Mar 17 2009, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Mar 16 2009, 11:59 PM)
The O line definitely has to regroup this year.  Remember Flozell played hurt for a number of games last year.  He had an infected hand which was rendered amost useless for quite a while.  And Kosier was missed more than any of us exected.  All I know is the team I saw live in the season opener in Cleveland looked pretty darn good.  Staying healthy like we did previous years is THE key.  Kitna is a decent back up.  No one is going to challenge Romo for at least another couple of years with his contract.

Our biggest problem is leadership. We don't have any. Even after clearing out some of the locker room cancer, we are still having problems. We have a divided locker room still.

According to the media, but it seems that the day after TNew came out with the recent criticism of Romo, the two of them were on the golf course together.

We'll see.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 31 2009, 01:24 PM)
Aww Shucks makes me sick.

That is all............

So hes your coach again eh? Hmmm. All that money for a beautiful stadium and you cant get Captain Chaos off your sideline...

At least TO wount be around anymore...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 31 2009, 04:08 PM)

That is all............

So hes your coach again eh? Hmmm. All that money for a beautiful stadium and you cant get Captain Chaos off your sideline...

I don't know how to feel. I want us to win but I want that big dumb idiot out of here worse. I might actually find myself rooting against my own team.

You know that Cotton Bowl will be a Jerry World event now don't you? Also, the Big 12 Championship will more than likely be permanently played at Jerry World.

Last week, a soccer game drew over 82,000 to Jerry World.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 31 2009, 05:14 PM)

That is all............

I don't know how to feel. I want us to win but I want that big dumb idiot out of here worse. I might actually find myself rooting against my own team.

You know that Cotton Bowl will be a Jerry World event now don't you? Also, the Big 12 Championship will more than likely be permanently played at Jerry World.

JerryWorld - I like it.

Soccer. yeah...dont get it.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 31 2009, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 31 2009, 05:14 PM)

That is all............

JerryWorld - I like it.

Soccer. yeah...dont get it.

I don't get it either. The stadium is attracting so many people.

"If you build it they will come."

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 2 2009, 07:05 PM)
The Cowboys will finish last in the NFC East. Washingon will barely beat them out for 3rd.

It will be the other way around. I think we'll have another horrible December and finish third.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 3 2009, 08:27 AM)
The Cowboys will finish last in the NFC East.  Washingon will barely beat them out for 3rd.

It will be the other way around. I think we'll have another horrible December and finish third.

It's a foregone conclusion that this division is coming down to Philly and the Giants. Both of them will make the playoffs. But while Washington signed Albert Haynesworth in the offseason, Dallas signed no free agent of note, and in fact lost TO.

Don't kid yourself, Dallas will go 7-9, and finish last in the East. That is unless you can tell me with any certainty which one of those stellar draft picks is going to step up to the plate. cool.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 3 2009, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 3 2009, 08:27 AM)
The Cowboys will finish last in the NFC East.  Washingon will barely beat them out for 3rd.

It's a foregone conclusion that this division is coming down to Philly and the Giants. Both of them will make the playoffs. But while Washington signed Albert Haynesworth in the offseason, Dallas signed no free agent of note, and in fact lost TO.

Don't kid yourself, Dallas will go 7-9, and finish last in the East. That is unless you can tell me with any certainty which one of those stellar draft picks is going to step up to the plate. cool.gif

We are a pretty loaded team. No real wicknesses, other than head coach, and he'll be our achilles heel. We'll go 9-7 or 10-6 and be in the wild card hunt.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 2 2009, 06:05 PM)

Oooooohhhh, I hope you are right....... biggrin.gif

Don't get so down. We had serious injury problems and attitude problems last year. If we can stay healthy, this Cowboys team has a LOT of talent. The spotlight and expectations are off this team and they will surprise people. I don't get the low expectations in the media, and elsewhere. I follow the Cowboys religiously on a daily basis. There are good things happening which don't get reported. Maybe I am just a "homer" (living in Toronto), but I am not scared of the Giants or Eagles and certainly not the Redskins. I am happy to see all these predictions. The head to headgames in the NFC east will be very competitive. And I am going to the first one against the Giants - I predict a win!

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Aug 4 2009, 10:35 AM)
Don't get so down. We had serious injury problems and attitude problems last year. If we can stay healthy, this Cowboys team has a LOT of talent. The spotlight and expectations are off this team and they will surprise people. I don't get the low expectations in the media, and elsewhere. I follow the Cowboys religiously on a daily basis. There are good things happening which don't get reported. Maybe I am just a "homer" (living in Toronto), but I am not scared of the Giants or Eagles and certainly not the Redskins. I am happy to see all these predictions. The head to headgames in the NFC east will be very competitive. And I am going to the first one against the Giants - I predict a win!

I follow the Cowboys religiously too. I'm smack dab in the middle of Cowboys country. We have three local sports radio stations that talk Cowboys non-stop. They also have the inside scoop.

We do have TONS of talent but I see our QB taking on the same personality as our head coach and that's going to be a huge problem. It's common for a QB to act like his head coach. Aikman/Jimmy and Staubach/Landry are prime examples. There are several examples of it all over the league. He acts more and more like Aww Shucks with each passing day. The sooner we get our hill-billy coach out of here the better imo. I thought Dad was a lousy head coach too tongue.gif

The Eagles (my team) are not as good as puported. Westbrook is now permanently ailing, and we lost the MLB for a while, and.. believe me, they shot their load last season.

Honestly, the NFC is up for grabs, and the Cowboys, if theyd play their game, could totally win it.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 4 2009, 08:36 PM)
The Eagles (my team) are not as good as puported. Westbrook is now permanently ailing, and we lost the MLB for a while, and.. believe me, they shot their load last season.

I've got the Eagles going to the SuperBowl, so something's gotta give. smile.gif

I agree with the aw shucks attitude. I would love to get Jimmy back! People are focussing way too much on Owens departure and Williams picking up the slack. Wait till they get a look at Witten / Marty B and the 3 headed running back monster. How do you defence against that - with a few pretty good young receivers thrown in the mix?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 4 2009, 07:36 PM)

Honestly, the NFC is up for grabs, and the Cowboys, if theyd play their game, could totally win it.

You had a crushing injury on the defense no doubt. Add losing your Def. Co-ordinator AND Dawkins (leader of the defense) and this defense takes a couple of steps back.

Archived