Dallas Cowboys

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 1 2009, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Sep 1 2009, 09:24 AM)
I am turning into a Romo apologist it seems, but an admitted "slick" ball on that field goal, and a last second hail mary interception don't necessarily qualify as "bonehead" plays.  The play before the interception, Romo placed a perfect throw into the end zone that Patrick Crayton clearly gave up on early, and ended up being a few feet short.  In that game he was running for his life, betrayed by an O line that decided not to show up.  Before the field goal snap, Jason Witten made a clear first down that was inexplicably changed by a ref who did not have a clear view.  In both instances, Romo got the team in position to win.  I refuse to accept that he is responsible for the play off losses.

We got ripped off in the Giants game but that's what we get for letting them stay so close.

I don't pin the loss to the Giants on Romo but I blame him in Seattle. Slick schmick. He choked on that one.

How can you not blame your QB throwing into coverage in the end zone to end the game?

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 1 2009, 12:44 PM)
I am turning into a Romo apologist it seems, but an admitted "slick" ball on that field goal, and a last second hail mary interception don't necessarily qualify as "bonehead" plays.  The play before the interception, Romo placed a perfect throw into the end zone that Patrick Crayton clearly gave up on early, and ended up being a few feet short.  In that game he was running for his life, betrayed by an O line that decided not to show up.  Before the field goal snap, Jason Witten made a clear first down that was inexplicably changed by a ref who did not have a clear view.  In both instances, Romo got the team in position to win.  I refuse to accept that he is responsible for the play off losses.

We got ripped off in the Giants game but that's what we get for letting them stay so close.

I don't pin the loss to the Giants on Romo but I blame him in Seattle. Slick schmick. He choked on that one.

How can you not blame your QB throwing into coverage in the end zone to end the game?

I'll let it slide because of Crayton's drop and the amount of time left on the clock. Like Romo really gives a shit about what I think smile.gif

Romo brought them back to win the game and Clayton dropped an easy pass. In my very complex choke/non-choke formula, Crayton's drop cancelled Romo's pick.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 1 2009, 01:55 PM)

I'll let it slide because of Crayton's drop and the amount of time left on the clock. Like Romo really gives a shit about what I think smile.gif

Romo brought them back to win the game and Clayton dropped an easy pass. In my very complex choke/non-choke formula, Crayton's drop cancelled Romo's pick.

We must have been watching different games man. Romo choked. And TO cried like a pussy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIGwX6PrNfk&feature=related]

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 1 2009, 12:59 PM)

We must have been watching different games man. Romo choked. And TO cried like a pussy.

Your little video didn't show how little time was left in the game.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 1 2009, 02:14 PM)

Cmon man - give me the love - he screwed the pooch on that drive. trink39.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 1 2009, 01:15 PM)

Our defense sucked more than Romo. Romo at least drove down and put us in a position to win the game. It's how you look at it I guess.

I guess you didn't notice Romo running for his life in the video huh?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 1 2009, 02:16 PM)

Our defense sucked more than Romo. Romo at least drove down and put us in a position to win the game. It's how you look at it I guess.

You got me there chief. Sweet God, he was running like a roach from a can of Raid a lot that day trink39.gif You know I just enjoy bustin on Romo.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 1 2009, 01:30 PM)

You got me there chief. Sweet God, he was running like a roach from a can of Raid a lot that day trink39.gif You know I just enjoy bustin on Romo.

Hopefully I'll get the last laugh.............some day.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 1 2009, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 1 2009, 01:30 PM)

Hopefully I'll get the last laugh.............some day.

1287.gif

The last pass in the Giants game was Hail Mary!! Before you criticize for throwing into coverage, please show me the open receiver he should have thrown to instead. Last play of the game - 4th down. Crayton not only dropped a perfect pass, but the play before the Hail Mary he gave up on a game winning touchdown route that was right on the money. Romo will prove all the doubters (including me sometimes) wrong this year!! Mark my words.....unles I am wrong tongue.gif

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Sep 2 2009, 11:43 AM)
The last pass in the Giants game was Hail Mary!! Before you criticize for throwing into coverage, please show me the open receiver he should have thrown to instead. Last play of the game - 4th down. Crayton not only dropped a perfect pass, but the play before the Hail Mary he gave up on a game winning touchdown route that was right on the money. Romo will prove all the doubters (including me sometimes) wrong this year!! Mark my words.....unles I am wrong tongue.gif

A 30 yard pass is not a Hail Mary no.gif

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Sep 3 2009, 09:50 AM)
Sematics. Where should he have gone instead?

It looked like a designed play to me. He just threw into double coverage.

A Hail Mary is basically throwing the ball as far as you can and it's up for grabs.

Football is the ultimate team game. The game is won and lost in the trenches.

And you know this, man.

Len Dawson has the highest completion percentage in the history of the game because he had the most dominant O-line. Aikman dominated with accuracy for the same reason.

Yes, QB is the most important skill position, and the one that gets the most heat or praise, but QB's don't operate in a vacuum.

And you know this, man.

1-0! 1022.gif

I saw the first half. Blocked field goal and an awesome TD pass to Miles Austin.

I didnt watch the second half due to gorgeous weather. I havent seen the sun in a week and I just had to get out. trink39.gif

nice win............... 653.gif but i am a little worried about stopping the run

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 14 2009, 09:32 AM)
nice win............... 653.gif but i am a little worried about stopping the run

I'm extremely worried. For the life of me, I can't understand why the Bucs stopped running the ball.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 14 2009, 09:39 AM)
nice win............... 653.gif  but i am a little worried about stopping the run

I'm extremely worried. For the life of me, I can't understand why the Bucs stopped running the ball.

i thought C.W. got hurt confused13.gif

Well at least we seem to have finally got the "this offence is going nowhere without TO" thing put to rest. It really is too bad the Cowboys won't get any big plays this year without TO! laugh.gif

Now the defence was a concern, but there is a lot of talent there and if there is one thing I have faith in Wade, it is that he will get the D on track.

In 5 days I leave for Dallas and next Sunday night I will be in the new Cowboys stadium for the game with the hated Giants!! Needless to say, I am giddy with excitement biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 14 2009, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 14 2009, 09:39 AM)
nice win............... 653.gif  but i am a little worried about stopping the run

i thought C.W. got hurt confused13.gif

I must have missed that. Hell, Ward was averaging over 5 yards per carry. I guess I'm a bitter fan. I'll really start caring in December. Until then, I'm numb to the Cowboys.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Sep 14 2009, 10:12 AM)
Well at least we seem to have finally got the "this offence is going nowhere without TO" thing put to rest. It really is too bad the Cowboys won't get any big plays this year without TO! laugh.gif

Now the defence was a concern, but there is a lot of talent there and if there is one thing I have faith in Wade, it is that he will get the D on track.

In 5 days I leave for Dallas and next Sunday night I will be in the new Cowboys stadium for the game with the hated Giants!! Needless to say, I am giddy with excitement biggrin.gif

Excellent! I hope you take some pics and post them on the board.

Archived