Inglorius Basterds (trailer)

alphseeker

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Feb 18 2009, 10:46 PM)
Is this a remake? I seem to remember a WWII movie with the same name that came out back around '81 or '82.

According to wiki it's not a remake but was rather it was inspired by 1978 war movie Inglorious Bastards...probably the one you are thinking of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglorious_Bastards

The original was phenomenal and the first war movie that ever really hit home for me. Let's just say that it was when I stopped thinking war was a game that we played with our toy guns. I really grew up after seeing this movie.

I can only hope the "inspired by" version, can live up to the original. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 23 2009, 12:55 PM)
Wow... just checked out the trailer and i will DEFINITELY be going to see this movie.  It looks kick ass.  yes.gif

Aye, fersher. Have to make the cinema for this one me thinks yes.gif

Here's the man on Late Show from Monday, he's always a great interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtf6foqtYyg

Edited by Steevo

Quentin Tarantino was on the Howard Stern show the other day and he talked about the movie. It was agreat interview and QT was really good. Howard got to watch a screener and said the movie was fantastic.

QUOTE (Soni @ Aug 20 2009, 06:45 PM)
I'm really pissed to have seen it in french... Brad Pitt's accent's sonds great.

Yeah, I always found it stupid that they choose to dub english spoken movies in France instead of just subtitling them.. that must suck.

QUOTE (Soni @ Aug 20 2009, 12:45 PM)
I'm really pissed to have seen it in french... Brad Pitt's accent's sonds great.

But in the French version won't the Basterds have to surrender? confused13.gif

tongue.gif

moon.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE (Soni @ Aug 20 2009, 12:45 PM)

But in the French version won't the Basterds have to surrender? confused13.gif

tongue.gif

moon.gif

bolt.gif

rofl3.gif

dazed025.gif

my daughters and I saw this yesterday.

ohmy.gif wow...

what a flick!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Seen it a few days ago and loved it. Packed with rib-tickling brutality and hilarious atrocities!

QT's best since Pulp.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just wondering. . .if I've disliked all Tarentino movies thus far (walked out of "Pulp Fiction" less than halfway through), would this be a waste of money for me?

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 25 2009, 10:10 PM)
Just wondering. . .if I've disliked all Tarentino movies thus far (walked out of "Pulp Fiction" less than halfway through), would this be a waste of money for me?

Probably, unless you like movies that have anything to do with war, no matter the style, and no matter if the movie is largely fiction (which this is). From everything I've read this is very much a typical Tarantino movie.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 25 2009, 10:28 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 25 2009, 10:10 PM)

Probably, unless you like movies that have anything to do with war, no matter the style, and no matter if the movie is largely fiction (which this is). From everything I've read this is very much a typical Tarantino movie.

I've liked (and loved) several war movies. I think it really is Tarantino himself I don't care for. I just find him booooorrrring. schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif

A friend of my ex-fiance actually told him to dump me over my dislike of Tarentino - that there was obviously something wrong with me if I hated Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction. sarcasm.gif It's worth adding that the guy had just ended marriage #3.