2112 sightings...

theredtamasrule

It's been a couple of weeks, but on Feb 1, '12, I was in the car on the way home and listening to the radio. I decided I wanted to fire up the iPod to listen to 2112 and no word of a lie, when I hit the touch screen to switch from radio to iPod...

2112 started immediately. And no... I hadn't cued it up in advance.

It was very weird, but made my day!

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Feb 13 2012, 07:12 AM)
This might already be posted, apologies if it is.

I was watching Family Guy the other night, and this came up. Needless to say, I launched into a Geddy-style Temples of Syrinx verse! 2.gif

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/family-guy-2112.jpg

It's quite well known that Seth MacFarlane is a big Rush fan.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Feb 18 2012, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Feb 18 2012, 08:08 AM)
i was playing pokemon ruby today...

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd367/Pryce2112/2112money.jpg

OMG EMULATOR

You betcha! I also hack the game!

I just joined the forum and saw this topic. It reminded me of my 2112 siting. I really can't believe this happened to me in 2010, but it did and it made my day.

I am commercial airline pilot. The first officer (co-pilot) was getting our clearance for the flight at the gate which includes the squawk code (the code which helps identify a flight on the air traffic controllers screen). I hear the controller give the first officer a code of "2112" for our flight. There are 4096 possible codes we could have gotten and we got "2112".

The next thing I tell you I don't expect you to believe. Our flight destination was YYZ!!!!. My mouth dropped when I heard we got 2112 as our code.

2 months later, I was at cruise altitude at 32,000 feet going somewhere else. Occasionally the air traffic controller will change the code we are to "squawk" or enter into the transponder. During this flight the controller says, "....change squawk code to 2112".

I then knew I was meant to get the license plate I was considering. I know have YYZ 2112 on my plate, although because of license plate format rules, it reads YYZ 2II2 (i's instead of ones).

Edited by enginedriver

The new ride reached a pinnacle this weekend!

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/300/imag0378v.jpg

QUOTE (enginedriver @ May 1 2012, 10:02 AM)
I just joined the forum and saw this topic. It reminded me of my 2112 siting. I really can't believe this happened to me in 2010, but it did and it made my day.

I am commercial airline pilot. The first officer (co-pilot) was getting our clearance for the flight at the gate which includes the squawk code (the code which helps identify a flight on the air traffic controllers screen). I hear the controller give the first officer a code of "2112" for our flight. There are 4096 possible codes we could have gotten and we got "2112".

The next thing I tell you I don't expect you to believe. Our flight destination was YYZ!!!!. My mouth dropped when I heard we got 2112 as our code.

2 months later, I was at cruise altitude at 32,000 feet going somewhere else. Occasionally the air traffic controller will change the code we are to "squawk" or enter into the transponder. During this flight the controller says, "....change squawk code to 2112".

I then knew I was meant to get the license plate I was considering. I know have YYZ 2112 on my plate, although because of license plate format rules, it reads YYZ 2II2 (i's instead of ones).

That's awesome! 2112 squawk code AND heading to YYZ! I bet you enjoyed that flight biggrin.gif

My ten year old decided she wanted to join the swim team.

In her very first race in her first swim meet, she finished her 100 yrd freestyle with a time of 2:11.16, which obviously I will round to a 2:11.2.

Daddy very proud.