Gran Torino

SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 11 2009, 06:53 AM)
PPV'ed this one last night. Fantastic movie!

My neighbor PPV'd and Tivo'd to watch with his ten-year-old son. I told him that it was a little harsh for a ten-year-old kid. He disagreed and was going to watch it with his son.

I got home last night and his son was at my house, having left Gran Torino to watch a kid flick with my daughter. Seems the boy has better judgment than his father. smile.gif

Great movie for adults, though. Eastwood delivers another great performance!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 10 2009, 12:16 PM)
Walt Kowalski: Take these three items, some WD-40, a vice grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone.

Man law #1.

Yup.

Just bought it last night and watched it for the first time. Eastwood is losing nothing with age. Love the barber shop scene with the kid...

Damn!

Timing is everything!!

What a great movie as you can see my thread down below.

Clint is the best period.

If this movie truly is his swan song then he laid down with class.

Let's hope he doesn't retire though like that pussy Sean Connery. I can't believe he didn't do a few minutes in Indy's CRYSTAL SKULL. What a joke.

I can only hope for one more DIRTY HARRY movie.

Was that Dirty Harry in GRAN TORINO as an old man?

Doubt it but it would be cool if Dirty Harry was also over in Korea.

That would have been a nice connection.

CLINT RULES!!

Time for me to go to Carmel and have a few beers at his old pub called HOG'S BREATH.

Love,

Steve Hogarth

Yeah, I must agree with the positive comments. What a great movie. What a great job he did!

I'm pretty sure I saw an interview with Clint saying he expects this to be his last on screen performance and would only do some directing. This was just after the movie was released. I guess we'll see but I sure hope not.

Awesome film: The Man with No Name, can still pack a punch even for a guy in his late 70s smile.gif

Can't believe he'll be 80 this year, although its good that he is still producing/directing the odd film to keep him busy.

After watching Gran Torino, I immediately got my "Dirty Harry" dvd out and watched that - friggin' fantastic film for its time.

All heil to the .44 Magnum 1022.gif

Watched GT Friday night.

Liked it, good movie.

Although I'm sure a lot of people won't admit it and I would probably catch some heat if this thread wasn't so old, but I thought Clints racial slurs throughout the film were hilarious. rofl3.gif

SPOILER ALERT:

I wasn't a fan of the ending though with the kid driving the car and Clint singing in his whispered voice....That was a little too much. But just that one little part...the rest was great.

Excellent movie. One I need to add to my collection. Actually, I want to get all of his movies. Think I have about 5 or so currently:

Heartbreak Ridge

The Unforgiven

The Good, The Bad and, The Ugly

Pale Rider

Those are the ones I can think of right now...

I need to setup a database of the 300+ movies we have. Difficult to keep track of them all. :\

It was OK...I mean it wasn't bad, but it wasn't drop dead fantastic or anything. Personally, I thought it was going to be better with more action than it had.

Just watched this last night for the first time. Great flick.