The "Official" Yes thread

The Owl

Listened to this the other day

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/818/cover_38511124102010.jpg

"The Living Tree" by Anderson and Wakeman

It was really good, its all just Anderson's vocals, and Wakeman on Piano... but the songs are good, the album is short... but still a recommendation.

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Mar 22 2011, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Mar 22 2011, 05:36 AM)
The setlist for this tour is shorter than ever.

Ahh yes, the good ol' days when they had a young singer and the band played for hours....

Oh, wait, that was in 2004 with some old dude singing.....trying to remember his name.......

Anderson, I think.

Hey T when we going to hear some Yes bass from you? I'm thinking Heart Of The Sunrise, Roundabout, Sound Chaser or Tempus Fugit... biggrin.gif

I am looking forward to this.

I saw Yes live last year, and thought they were amazing. I may be young for a Yes fan, but I've also seen them live with Jon, and they were better last year than in 2002.

I just hope the rest of the songs are as good as Fly From Here will be....

I am not excited for this album. The last album that I was pleased with was 90125 when I was 12. The last 27 years have been searching for moments within heaps of recycled boredom. This new album is not going to grace my shelf until I hear it.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 24 2011, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Mar 22 2011, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Mar 22 2011, 05:36 AM)
The setlist for this tour is shorter than ever.

Ahh yes, the good ol' days when they had a young singer and the band played for hours....

Oh, wait, that was in 2004 with some old dude singing.....trying to remember his name.......

Anderson, I think.

Hey T when we going to hear some Yes bass from you? I'm thinking Heart Of The Sunrise, Roundabout, Sound Chaser or Tempus Fugit... biggrin.gif

I can play Yes stuff too. I was in a Yes tribute band from 1998-2001.

The reason I dont or haven't yet is because there is someone that absolutly NAILS Chris Squire's bass parts and has A TON of youtube vids already.

I'm working on a couple of longer Rush pieces now.

At some point, I should do a few Yes tunes as well.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Mar 28 2011, 04:32 PM)
I just heard "We can fly from here"on youtube...one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my entire life...I can't say I have high hopes for their next album...

That was a track from the "Drama" sessions.... 30 years ago.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 28 2011, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Mar 28 2011, 04:32 PM)
I just heard "We can fly from here"on youtube...one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my entire life...I can't say I have high hopes for their next album...

That was a track from the "Drama" sessions.... 30 years ago.

The basic song isn't that good though.

It's hard to polish a turd.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 1 2011, 04:28 AM)
The corpse has twitched to life once more.......Wakeman junior is gone. Geoff Downes is back in the fold.

Geoff Downes. He always gave me the impression of a Wakeman/Emerson wannabe, at least as far as appearances. And though he's certainly talented, I was never blown away by his playing.

QUOTE (Soni @ Apr 1 2011, 12:54 PM)
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198837_1617866018805_1601032754_31203481_4033812_n.jpg

Trevor Horn has managed to morph into Steve Howe's Father/mother/sister/brother/whateveryourehavingyourself. Downes and Squire look like transvestites.

Skeletor looks kinda bewildered

This all stinks of desperation and the pulling out of the last of dead Aunt Ethel's gold teeth.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 1 2011, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (Soni @ Apr 1 2011, 12:54 PM)
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198837_1617866018805_1601032754_31203481_4033812_n.jpg

Trevor Horn has managed to morph into Steve Howe's Father/mother/sister/brother/whateveryourehavingyourself. Downes and Squire look like transvestites.

Skeletor looks kinda bewildered

This all stinks of desperation and the pulling out of the last of dead Aunt Ethel's gold teeth.

Speaking of Ethel, the only thing keeping Horn only barely recognizable as Horn and not a Jerry Garcia/Ethel Merman morph are those trademark glasses. And what's with the Anthony Perkins/Wicked Witch housedress he's wearing?

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Apr 1 2011, 05:28 PM)
You know, they aren't young anymore but that's some BAD lighting for that photo.
All they need to do now is boot that singer and get Jon Anderson back.

Are you out of your mind???

He's without the best looking guy in the band!

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 1 2011, 04:43 PM)
Holy crap, is the one in the middle Trevor Horn?? ohmy.gif wacko.gif

He looks like an older Jeff Goldblum in Fly....

I love Lord Howe's stare, his eyes are saying, "Meat. Give me meat. MEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!"