Mom! I want the Six Million Dollar Man

lerxt1990

I had that toy too!!!

I can remember knowing I was getting it for Christmas too because I listened at the bathroom door as my mom was telling my dad what to get me for Christmas (no my mom wasn't using the bathroom at the time). doh.gif She heard me and busted me...but I still knew I was getting it. cheer.gif

I had one, too! I also had the bionic Bigfoot and my sister had the bionic Woman! I would gather small sticks and twigs and with a bit of string build miniature towns in the back yard and we'd spend hours taking them on adventures! Good times!

I had the Scorpion in metallic gold!

I had the Steve Austin action figure, too... but I had the 1975 original, not the 1977 version with bionic grip.

And mine didn't come with that plastic orange girder; it came with an "engine block" thing that he could lift. (See photograph.) I remember being able to look through his bionic eye, and peel his skin back to see the bionic parts in his arm/legs.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/bionic/images/thumb/f/f3/Bionics02.jpg/450px-Bionics02.jpg

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 15 2008, 03:42 PM)
I had the Steve Austin action figure, too... but I had the 1975 original, not the 1977 version with bionic grip.

And mine didn't come with that plastic orange girder; it came with an "engine block" thing that he could lift. (See photograph.) I remember being able to look through his bionic eye, and peel his skin back to see the bionic parts in his arm/legs.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/bionic/images/thumb/f/f3/Bionics02.jpg/450px-Bionics02.jpg

This is the one I actually had as well...apply aforementioned story to this model.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 15 2008, 02:04 PM)
Do any of you remember SSPs?! I had the Scorpion in metallic gold!

Jack, I had the Ram Jet SSP and man you made me smile big time when I saw that video link. That was one of my all time favorite toys....I had Steve Austin too, but I tied a parachute made out of my dad's handkerchief to his head and would throw him up way high in the air and watch him parachute to the ground...God that was fun...!

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 15 2008, 02:54 PM)
I remember getting one of those! I still preferred my Evil Kenevil toys though 1287.gif

After my earlier post, I started reminiscing about 2nd grade. I was into Six Million Dollar Man, Evel Knievel, Batman, Shazam!, and other superheroes. That was in '75-76.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Nov 15 2008, 09:09 PM)

Jack, I had the Ram Jet SSP and man you made me smile big time when I saw that video link. That was one of my all time favorite toys....I had Steve Austin too, but I tied a parachute made out of my dad's handkerchief to his head and would throw him up way high in the air and watch him parachute to the ground...God that was fun...!

Cool, someone else who had an SSP! My friends and I would get together on weekends and spend hours racing our SSP's.

Is anyone old enough to remember Major Matt Mason? I owned at one time at least four Masons and lots of accessories. I looked him up on Ebay once and it's around $40 for a Mason in good condition.

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Nov 16 2008, 09:21 PM)
I had Evil Kenevil too...I used to just throw him around though instead of using that crank gizmo that made him go.

As for SSP...I had the smash up derby set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE6J3wWE2Pg&feature=related

I remember those! One of my friends had that set.

laugh.gif

This is a fun thread!

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 15 2008, 01:54 PM)
I remember getting one of those! I still preferred my Evil Kenevil toys though 1287.gif

Holy crap! I forgot about those. I remember having his chopper and that rocket that he jumped the canyon with.

I also had the 6 million dollar man that had the eye you could look through.

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Nov 15 2008, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 15 2008, 03:42 PM)

And mine didn't come with that plastic orange girder; it came with an "engine block" thing that he could lift.  (See photograph.)  I remember being able to look through his bionic eye, and peel his skin back to see the bionic parts in his arm/legs.

This is the one I actually had as well...apply aforementioned story to this model.

Yes! I had this version!

cool10.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Nov 15 2008, 10:09 PM)

I had one of those! Wow! That sound brought me right back!