2008 World Series

lerxt1990

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 19 2008, 11:46 PM)
Speaking of which on this here musical type board. In South Philly next Sunday, within a block from each other, will be a home Eagles game, a World Series game, and the Who concert. PARKING ALERT! smile.gif

Oh for goodness sake...who planned that one? Well, I guess the Phillies didnt confirm until recently, huh? laugh.gif

Go TB!

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Oct 20 2008, 12:07 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 19 2008, 11:46 PM)
Speaking of which on this here musical type board.  In South Philly next Sunday, within a block from each other, will be a home Eagles game, a World Series game, and the Who concert.  PARKING ALERT!  smile.gif

Oh for goodness sake...who planned that one? Well, I guess the Phillies didnt confirm until recently, huh? laugh.gif

Go TB!

The funny thing is how close the stadii are to each other..... should be a real interesting day. Just like the last Rush concert, which was the same night as Buffet and a Soul (indoor football, which actually draws here) game...

The Rays are a great story, with great young talent. Can they stay consistent though? And what is up with Kazmir, as i've heard rumors of him being injured.

And the philies have a tremendous Ace in Hamels, and a great lineup. Can Howard, Victirino, Utley and whoever else like the rays, produce game in and out?

I say it falls on how Moyer does in his game(s), and how Kazmir does in his game(s) and the Bullpens.

i say it goes to 7, but depends who's pitching, and the fresher bullpen.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 20 2008, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 20 2008, 12:11 AM)
Rays in 6.

I believe you said the same thing regarding the Dodgers. May you be wrong again! laugh.gif 1287.gif

Actually, I made these predictions in another thread:

Phillies over the Dodgers in 6 games.

Red Sox over the Rays in 5 games.

Phillies over the Red Sox in 6 games.

The Rays beating the Red Sox changed everything!

Rays in 6! Let's go Rays!! cheer.gif

I'm a Yankees fan, so if the Rays are the real thing this is the last time I will ever root for them.

I'm a Braves fan first, Rd Sox fan second. Since I wanted the Sox to win and they didn't, and because the Braves and Phillies are both in the NL East, my choice is for the Phillies to win. I wouldn't mind a 7-game series, one of those clutch performances, a really memorable series.

In the immortal words of Family Guy's Joe Swanson, "BRING IT ON!!!" firedevil.gif 1022.gif

I'm rootin for the Rays!

It really has nothing to do with my Yankees love and them beating the RedSux. It would just be awesome for a team that used to be the joke of baseball just take home all the glory. They have the lowest salaries in baseball I heard? Yet, they're playing the hardest 1022.gif

I'm predicting a Philly sweep, followed by mass rioting in the streets and never before seen civil unrest.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 20 2008, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 20 2008, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 20 2008, 12:11 AM)
Rays in 6.

I believe you said the same thing regarding the Dodgers. May you be wrong again! laugh.gif 1287.gif

Actually, I made these predictions in another thread:

Phillies over the Dodgers in 6 games.

Red Sox over the Rays in 5 games.

Phillies over the Red Sox in 6 games.

The Rays beating the Red Sox changed everything!

Rays in 6! Let's go Rays!! cheer.gif

I'm a Yankees fan, so if the Rays are the real thing this is the last time I will ever root for them.

I sit corrected, someone else picked the Dodgers...

Oh, and did you see what Exxon Mobil did today? smile.gif +10%!

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 20 2008, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Oct 20 2008, 11:46 AM)
I'm rootin for the Rays!

It really has nothing to do with my Yankees love and them beating the RedSux.

Actually. Thats the reason I am rooting the Rays laugh.gif

Im from Philly and like the Yanks, can I buy some love from you for the Phillies? smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Oct 20 2008, 02:01 AM)
The Rays are a great story, with great young talent. Can they stay consistent though? And what is up with Kazmir, as i've heard rumors of him being injured.

And the philies have a tremendous Ace in Hamels, and a great lineup. Can Howard, Victirino, Utley and whoever else like the rays, produce game in and out?

I say it falls on how Moyer does in his game(s), and how Kazmir does in his game(s) and the Bullpens.

i say it goes to 7, but depends who's pitching, and the fresher bullpen.

A local sports guy Rock Riley claims that he was told by people in the front office that if Kaz struggled in his last start they were going to put him on the DL so there is some possibilty that he might be injured. He was in the pen last night and could have been used. In fact, Price even said that Kaz was hoping he would get the call.

I'm rooting for Philly, despite being an "American League" kinda guy. I like their tradition.

Love the Red Sox tradition, too; but with them gone, I'm rooting for Philly.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 20 2008, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 20 2008, 10:23 PM)
now we have a lerxt and a lerxster.  this is confusing  wacko.gif  wacko.gif  wacko.gif  wacko.gif  wacko.gif  wacko.gif  fing.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Youll notice though that Lerxster uses the proper spelling wiht the 's' and I leave the 's' off for 'savings'....

smile.gif

Yes, plus lerxt1990 spells it the old school way and he has the numbers too whilst mine has no savings or numbers. But we do both have funny smiling guys as our avatars, so I do understand the confusion.

tongue.gif

GO PHILS

Archived