College basketball

theredtamasrule

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 13 2009, 01:18 PM)
I stayed up untill 1:30 in the morning watching Uconn and Syracuse play 6 overtimes ! and UCONN LOST !!! angry.gif

Crazy game.....got to wonder how much gas Scuse has for tonight's game against West Virginia...

Heels had a close one today but pulled out a win cool.gif

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...I had hopes that my UK Wildcats would have a decent year. And by that I mean 20 to 23 wins and probably get bounced the second game of the NCAA's.

Instead what do I get? A trip to the stinking NIT, a team in turmoil, a befuddling coach who makes the most bizarre choices and whom the local media is tearing to shreds along with ESPN's 4 day all-access in-depth interview on the team.

Pathetic. Unacceptable frankly. I know that 2 years is really not long enough to judge a coach but if you have not 1 but 2 All-SEC players in Patterson & Meeks and you can't even get above .500 in the league? It's going to be a very deflating March for UK fans and a lot of people are ready for heads to roll.

sad.gif

GO VIKINGS!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/bva0fzyz.jpg

&

Ohio State knocks off #7 Michigan State 82-70 in Big Ten tourney..

GO BUCKEYES!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/Brutus_Buckeye_in_a_cartoon_charact.gif*

* If OSU advances to dance they don't have a snowball chance in hell of getting very far! tongue.gif CSU might go deeper then expected, wait till brackets tale of the tape.

QUOTE (goose @ Mar 16 2009, 12:29 AM)
My pick to win it all?  USC.

Their record?

21-12.

1022.gif

What about Tennessee?

I don't follow hoops, but like Ohio State & Nova. And GO UCONN!!!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 16 2009, 07:33 AM)
GO SIENA!!! (local college in my area tongue.gif )

Actaully, they are seeded 9 this year, better than last year. Ohio State is their first meet. 1022.gif

GO BUCKEYES!! tongue.gif bolt.gif

March Madness has officially hit my town! The Augusta State Jaguars are advancing to the Elite Eight in Springfield, Massachusetts! We beat local rival USC Aiken 85-57 to win the Regional (which we also hosted, and were the #1 seed). From what I heard, the place was Standing Room Only, and there were about 4,000 to 5,000 people in there! If we win the next three games, we are NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!! We made it all the way to the championship game last year, but we lost a tough game. This year, we've got a better team, a team that's only given up four losses this year and contributed to 29 wins, which is a record (I believe). Let's see if we can make it to 32 wins and a championship banner!

ASU! ASU! ASU! ASU!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 17 2009, 09:26 PM)
March Madness has officially hit my town! The Augusta State Jaguars are advancing to the Elite Eight in Springfield, Massachusetts! We beat local rival USC Aiken 85-57 to win the Regional (which we also hosted, and were the #1 seed). From what I heard, the place was Standing Room Only, and there were about 4,000 to 5,000 people in there! If we win the next three games, we are NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!! We made it all the way to the championship game last year, but we lost a tough game. This year, we've got a better team, a team that's only given up four losses this year and contributed to 29 wins, which is a record (I believe). Let's see if we can make it to 32 wins and a championship banner!

ASU! ASU! ASU! ASU!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

A bit of somber news to report. The team we played, USC Aiken, lost a player in a car accident. From what I heard, the player was on the way to Ohio when he got in a car wreck, and died. This is really saddening to hear, and sad considering that hours earlier he was just playing basketball for his team. sad.gif

rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

UCONN coach, Jim Calhoun taken to the hospital today. Don't have details. UCONN will have go without the legend today. sad.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 19 2009, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Mar 19 2009, 02:26 PM)
UCONN coach, Jim Calhoun taken to the hospital today. Don't have details. UCONN will have go without the legend today. sad.gif

Yeah heard about that...Hope it's nothing serious

Yeah, hope he is OK.

On a happier note:

Pyscho T just became the all time scoring leader in the ACC! 1022.gif cool10.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (joanneeeeee @ Mar 20 2009, 11:08 AM)
Good luck everybody!!!
and best get well wishes to Coach Calhoun heart.gif

GO UCONN!!!

UConn looses...next game.

Go Orange!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 20 2009, 10:15 AM)
Good luck everybody!!!

GO UCONN!!!

Go Orange!

tongue.gif

You wanna fight too Gompsy??? I am fired up and ready to brawl! hug2.gif

I got 'Cuse losing to the Heels, so there! tongue.gif

Good luck everybody!!!

GO UCONN!!!

Go Orange!

tongue.gif

Im with you Cuse all the way. And can you change the name of threads because this isnt a college basketball thread more of a unc thread. Anyway UNC will go down in the elite 8.....against syracuse

QUOTE (joanneeeeee @ Mar 20 2009, 11:26 AM)
Good luck everybody!!!

GO UCONN!!!

Go Orange!

tongue.gif

You wanna fight too Gompsy??? I am fired up and ready to brawl! hug2.gif

I got 'Cuse losing to the Heels, so there! tongue.gif

Nopers! The Orange are going to win big...making it to the Final Four and perhaps, beyond.

tongue.gif

Akron Zips gave Gonzaga all that they could handle last night in the south regional. But in the end Bulldogs to much and Akron lost 77-64,very physical game lot's of pushing and shoving.

ZIPS ZAPP BY ZAGS- Try to say that three times fast!!! laugh.gif

Archived