College basketball

theredtamasrule

It's already time for basketball to get going and midnight madness is fast approaching.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Kentucky Wildcat fan, having grown up listening to the great Cawood Ledford call the games.

The Cats lost a lot of senior leadership last year but have some real talent coming back with Patrick "The Beast" Patterson and Jodie Meeks, both coming off injuries last season. Patterson simply cannot be stopped if he gets the ball any where near the paint and he needs to touch the ball every time down the court and the supporting players need to polish up their delivery to the post, at times is was frustrating last year to watch him beg for the ball. He's a 20-10 guy easy if he stays healthy.

There's also many new players that I'm not all that familiar with just yet but it's time to get the roundball rags out and study up on the fresh faces. And Billy Gillispie has the first year jitters out of the way and is comfortable with the position and while I like to be realistic about the NCAA run they're capable of making I'd settle for a sweet sixteen because of so many young, new players with a green point guard.

Go Cats!

http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/images/smilies/widcat.gif

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma State here. Hopefully new coach Travis Ford can tap some of his old Wildcat magic and bring it to Gallgher-Iba.

Go Pokes !!!

QUOTE (ashpkt @ Oct 8 2008, 12:16 PM)
Oklahoma State here. Hopefully new coach Travis Ford can tap some of his old Wildcat magic and bring it to Gallgher-Iba.

Go Pokes !!!

Travis is one intense little bastard and I hope he can live up to expectations. That kid could shoot the lights out when he played.

I'll be pulling for him.

QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 10 2008, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 8 2008, 09:21 PM)
GO HEELS!!!!! 

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/CitoSatchel3008/10014.jpg

Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely going to at least one game this year.

Pyscho T is set to tear it up.

I am not looking forward to November 18...although Patterson did outperform Hansbrough head to head last year. This year with all the experienced talent UNC has coming back...the game at Carolina...all the new guys we have...2nd game of the year for UK...could be ugly.

Despite the fact that Hansbrough is a dorky white kid I can't stand but want on my team, and is going to get his ass handed to him in the NBA, he's a phenomenal, almost unstoppable, college player I have to admit.

By far my favorite sporting season. Locally, the Nevada Wolfpack have had some successful years lately, especially those during the Fazekas-Kemp run. Looks like we're in for good things this year...

Men's Basketball Picked to Win WAC

The University of Nevada men's basketball team has been picked to win the Western Athletic Conference by both the league's coaches and media, while sophomore guard Armon Johnson, freshman forward Luke Babbitt and junior guard Brandon Fields garnered individual recognition. The WAC announced its men's basketball preseason poll and all-WAC teams Tuesday morning prior to its preseason media teleconference.

Some strong local boys (Armon, Luke) that decided not to play out of state should bring good crowds, too.

The Beast:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/bondaman/patrick_patterson2.jpg

Patrick Patterson can have a monster year (prolly his last at UK... sad.gif ) if the surrounding team plays up to potential. They've shown better understanding of what Coach Gillispie wants defensively, have shown marked improvement in the ability to pass to the paint which means to Patterson which means points because he can't be stopped if he gets the ball in close.

So far after a couple of comfortable preseason blowouts (as it should be) the Cats look better this year than they did last year. They look far better with more scoring talent and options.

Well the season starts Friday at VMI (should wim) and then the real test is at Chapel Hill next Tuesday (hopefully without Hansbrough).

MOTHERFUCK!!!!!!

VMI...somebitchfucking Virginia Military Institute, between drills, walked into Rupp Arena and spanked our ASS!! They only won by 7 or 10 but they led the whole damn game, led by as much as 20 and pretty much out hustled UK all game long.

Unacceptable!

Excuse me...I have to vomit all over the house in disgust.

angry.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 15 2008, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 8 2008, 10:21 PM)
GO HEELS!!!!! 

1-0 1022.gif Beat Penn 86-71...Great job by the newbies filling in for Tyler. 1287.gif

1022.gif

The scary thing about last night's win over Michigan State (from what I saw of the first half) is that Hansbrough wasn't much of a factor. Didn't look like he's quite in game shape and was just slower than the rest of the Heels. Not that they needed him.

The second half must have been an ass kicking. I don't know who is going to beat them this year besides themselves where they overlook a victi....er, uh...I mean opponent. I don't even think those stinkin' Dukies stand a chance.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 4 2008, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 8 2008, 09:21 PM)
GO HEELS!!!!! 

8-0!!

Destroyed #12 Michigan State 98-63! 1022.gif 1287.gif

1022.gif

The heels were on fire!

I am going to the next home against Oral Roberts. Mostly so my son can go with my dad to a carolina game. Its sucks as that is about the lamest game of the season but its the only game weekend game I could attend due to scheduling conflicts.

Archived