Special Announcement from rush.com

Test4Eco23

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Sep 22 2008, 12:14 AM)
They're going to announce a third and fourth Snakes and Arrows tour Leg. The dvd will be postponed until 2010.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 22 2008, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Sep 22 2008, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 22 2008, 07:51 AM)
They are announcing the new addition to the band:

PhilCastro yes.gif

On the plastic drums? confused13.gif

You'll have to wait and find out like everyone else Sunshine yes.gif

Also Robert Plant on backup vocals and tambourine.

More extras on the DVD will be ripping bluegrass versions of Tom Sawyer and Freewill.

The official press release includes a song called Red Barchette, I guess that must be a new song. tongue.gif Yeah, I know it's picky but I'm just amazed at how many times we see an official track listing and the names of the songs are not even right. It's bad enough when a press release is wrong but a lot of times the actual product packaging is wrong. The S&A Live press release was embarrassing. Oh wait, there's another one called One Little Passage. Cool! More new music. FarCry?

Just off the top of my head from other things:

A Farewell to Kings became Farewell to Kings on Different Stages.

Witch Hunt became Witchhunt on the GUP VHS

La Villa Strangiato became Villa Strangiato on the ASOH VHS

By-Tor and the Snowdog became By-Tor and the Snow Dogs on the ESL VHS (I guess he brought friends for that battle).

Freewill has become Free Will on several things.

I'll have to go look but I think one of their products has "The Trees" as just "Trees".

There are others. And no, I'm not trying to make too big a deal out of this but it is funny and sloppy.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 22 2008, 10:41 AM)
September 22, 2008

RUSH will be releasing the Snakes and Arrows LIVE DVD on November 25th 2008 in both standard DVD format and Blu-ray disc! For more details, please click here.

From Rush.com !!!!

Thanks Phil!

Nov. 25th, eh? Cool! Still seems like a long ways away though. sad.gif

I can force everyone to watch it when they come over for all the Thanksgiving grub! Turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and Rush.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 22 2008, 10:24 AM)
The official press release includes a song called Red Barchette, I guess that must be a new song.  tongue.gif  Yeah, I know it's picky but I'm just amazed at how many times we see an official track listing and the names of the songs are not even right. It's bad enough when a press release is wrong but a lot of times the actual product packaging is wrong. The S&A Live press release was embarrassing. Oh wait, there's another one called One Little Passage. Cool! More new music. FarCry?

Just off the top of my head from other things:

A Farewell to Kings became Farewell to Kings on Different Stages.

Witch Hunt became Witchhunt on the GUP VHS

La Villa Strangiato became Villa Strangiato on the ASOH VHS

By-Tor and the Snowdog became By-Tor and the Snow Dogs on the ESL VHS (I guess he brought friends for that battle).

Freewill has become Free Will on several things.

I'll have to go look but I think one of their products has "The Trees" as just "Trees".

There are others. And no, I'm not trying to make too big a deal out of this but it is funny and sloppy.

I can't wait to hear Red Barchette and One little Passage. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 22 2008, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Sep 22 2008, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 22 2008, 07:51 AM)
They are announcing the new addition to the band:

PhilCastro yes.gif

On the plastic drums? confused13.gif

You'll have to wait and find out like everyone else Sunshine yes.gif

Wow, the scalper prices will PLUMMET for the next tour!

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 22 2008, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 22 2008, 10:41 AM)
September 22, 2008

RUSH will be releasing the Snakes and Arrows LIVE DVD on November 25th 2008 in both standard DVD format and Blu-ray disc! For more details, please click here.

From Rush.com !!!!

Thanks Phil!

Nov. 25th, eh? Cool! Still seems like a long ways away though. sad.gif

I can force everyone to watch it when they come over for all the Thanksgiving grub! Turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and Rush.

Sounds like a winner to me!

I had Moving Pictures on at Christmas dinner one year - I think I was 13 or 14. I got away with it too. . .nobody wanted to be bothered to get up to change it. Except me, and then all I did was flip the cassette. biggrin.gif

But by December 25, haven't you all heard your fill of every incarnation of "Jingle Bells"??

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 22 2008, 06:41 PM)
September 22, 2008

From Rush.com !!!!

Standard DVD too, phew! biggrin.gif I can breath out now! tongue.gif

I'm really confused after thinking about this. I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet but obviously everything will fit on one disc so it's not an issue.

What I don't get is why the regular dvd is coming with 3 discs. The whole concert even with restored intros/banter/credits etc. will be 3 hours or slightly more which with stereo and 5.1 options will still fit on one dvd just like Rio. All the rest of the bonus stuff is only between 30-40 total minutes which could have gone on the second dvd. Eventually I'll get a Blu-Ray player anyway but in the meantime I just don't understand why they didn't put the concert on disc 1 and the extras on disc 2. At first I assumed that the concert portion might have a DTS option which requires a lot of space but it doesn't seem to be there.

Anybody have any ideas? It's not really a problem but I'm just curious.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 22 2008, 12:41 PM)
September 22, 2008

From Rush.com !!!!

Yeah...just in time to add to my Christmas list. 1022.gif

My sister heard through a coworker that they were heading back to the studio. I hadn't heard or seen anything about it here or anywhere else so I took it with a grain of salt. But now that they're making a special announcement in a couple of days, I wonder...

My sister heard through a coworker that they were heading back to the studio. I hadn't heard or seen anything about it here or anywhere else so I took it with a grain of salt. But now that they're making a special announcement in a couple of days, I wonder...

There's no way the band's going to even think about the next album until next spring at the earliest and they certainly wouldn't bother to make an announcement that they're about to start working on an album anyway. That's just not an "official news" kind of thing.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 22 2008, 07:25 PM)

There's no way the band's going to even think about the next album until next spring at the earliest and they certainly wouldn't bother to make an announcement that they're about to start working on an album anyway. That's just not an "official news" kind of thing.

No way, not two months after a major tour. And Neil's probably obsessing over the Buddy Rich tribute concert right now. No time or attention to give to new material.

The News Is.......

The Snakes & Arrows Live DVD will be released on November 25th in standard DVD format and Blu-ray Disc. Please visit www.rush.com for more details.

The rescheduled release of the ROCKBAND full album download for MOVING PICTURES by RUSH will happen Tuesday, September 23rd.

QUOTE (Test4Eco23 @ Sep 21 2008, 09:46 PM)
I just recieved an email from rush.com about a special announcement coming in the next couple of days.

It may be official DVD release announcement, or the Retrospective 3 announcement or both. I wonder if it could be something none of us know about. I doubt it since things have their way of leaking out on the internet. Anyway just thought I would tip you all off in case you don't recieve the email.

2.gif has ways of quelching the internet... 1022.gif

Archived