A 4th 'Austin Powers'?

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:32 AM)
I'll see it when it comes in cable. Won't be worth a rental.

I'll see it in the theater if it gets stellar reviews, but if not that's what HBO is for!

I like a lot of things that get bad reviews. So it either looks good in previews or looks bad. If it looks good and I go see it it may just turn out, as it has in the past with some movies, that all the good stuff was in the preview and the rest sucks. But more often than not I rather enjoy it.

As far as a fourth Austin Powers I ain't countin chickens no.gif I get skeptical after a third is released. I saw Goldmember in the theater when it came out and laughed so hard I was crying. I went away rather surprised that a third could NOT drive me out of the theater. A fourth? That would be like Lucasfilm throwing another SW addition at us. If they ever do that It had better be about the X-wing fighter book series! Mike Meyers has no basis for anything good on the Powers level anymore new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (doublereeder @ Jul 31 2008, 11:53 AM)
As much as I would like to see another one, I just don't think it's possible. The way the third one ended was a good way to put an end to the series.

loose ends all tied up neatly. I agree, I hope to God he leaves it alone!

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (doublereeder @ Jul 31 2008, 11:53 AM)
As much as I would like to see another one, I just don't think it's possible. The way the third one ended was a good way to put an end to the series.

loose ends all tied up neatly. I agree, I hope to God he leaves it alone!

Exactly. A 4th movie would suck beyond belief.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 11:52 AM)
A fourth? That would be like Lucasfilm throwing another SW addition at us. If they ever do that It had better be about the X-wing fighter book series! Mike Meyers has no basis for anything good on the Powers level anymore new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/Star_wars_the_clone_wars.jpg/200px-Star_wars_the_clone_wars.jpg

He's throwing another one at us.

Mike Meyer needs to move on. Maybe he should start wrestling.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 31 2008, 01:01 PM)
A fourth? That would be like Lucasfilm throwing another SW addition at us. If they ever do that It had better be about the X-wing fighter book series! Mike Meyers has no basis for anything good on the Powers level anymore  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/Star_wars_the_clone_wars.jpg/200px-Star_wars_the_clone_wars.jpg

naw he should get into Celebrity Boxing! laugh.gif

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 31 2008, 12:01 PM)
A fourth? That would be like Lucasfilm throwing another SW addition at us. If they ever do that It had better be about the X-wing fighter book series! Mike Meyers has no basis for anything good on the Powers level anymore  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

That's not what I meant. I know he's sucking it up in the animae level of things he's already sucked any valuable life out of. Milking a cow that died in 1983. I was just stating that it would be of more interest if he would take it to another level of lesser known characters from the decent X-Wing Fighter series. That would be awesome to get to know Han and Lea's twins smile.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 31 2008, 07:42 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:32 AM)
I'll see it when it comes in cable. Won't be worth a rental.

I'll see it in the theater if it gets stellar reviews

Same here.

I thought the first two were brilliant and hilarious. The third one was enjoyable, but a distinct step down. He's gonna have to really turn it around to make me want to see this.

It's kind of like Shrek. The first one was GREAT, the second one was ok and I kept falling asleep on the third one which was horrible. I can't believe they're making a 4th one.

Mike Myers needs to re-think things. The Love Guru was barely funny. Time to lay off the sequels, take a break from writing and do a Judd Apatow movie or something different...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jul 31 2008, 08:59 AM)
The joke was wearing thin by the 3rd installment wink.gif

I doubt this will be on my list of must see movies.

The first two, I'll agree are classics. Goldmember was alright I guess. I think It will be worth seeing. But I think this will either be great and erase what Goldmember did, or build upon the mediocrity of Goldmember and be completly abysmal. No In-between.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 12:14 PM)

That's not what I meant. I know he's sucking it up in the animae level of things he's already sucked any valuable life out of. Milking a cow that died in 1983. I was just stating that it would be of more interest if he would take it to another level of lesser known characters from the decent X-Wing Fighter series. That would be awesome to get to know Han and Lea's twins smile.gif

Have you heard of the talk of a live action Star Wars tv show? Maybe we will see them in that.

I knew about this movie 2 years ago. They had to put it on hold because AA was having some issues at the time. So Myers decided to write another film instead: The Love Guru. While I am a fan of the Austin Powers movies, I have serious doubts with this one.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Aug 1 2008, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 31 2008, 12:14 PM)

Have you heard of the talk of a live action Star Wars tv show? Maybe we will see them in that.

Nope. The live TV show chronicles the time between Episode III and IV, and the only character that has any link to the films will be Boba Fett, the same guy who played him in Ep. II. Lucas is reluctant to go past Return of the Jedi in optical media becase Star Wars was always meant to focus on the Anakin Skywalker story. I'd be very suprised if we got to see after ROTJ in anything other than a game.

Anyway, I'd go and see anoter Austin Powers movie. They're always fun.

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter