Indoors or Outdoors

spindrifting

Indoors or Outdoors  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Indoors or Outdoors

• Indoors
    • Outdoors

It might have been a change to Geddy's overall bass sound, but I would have to say indoors. I saw them at DTE Music Theater last summer, and Geddy's bass tone was horrible to my ears... then I see them at the Joe this past Tuesday and I was floored one how good they sounded. Not just overall, but Geddy's Bass tone was flat out awesome....

I've always thought bands sound and look better indoors. But within the past 10 years, production companies have really dialed-in their systems for outdoor venues. I'm torn between them both. I guess it depends on the indoor venue.

One thing that is a plus with outdoor shows is "acoustics". There are none! This makes it easier for the sound engineer to dial in a good sound with no regard for the "room". What you hear is generally what they play, unlike indoors, where the room designates the sound of the band.

So for me, unless I like the indoor arena's sound (which is rare), I prefer outdoor venues.

Well normally when I see a band in a big concert I would have to say that I prefer indoors but I have never seen 2.gif before and the shows that I will be seeing next month are all outdoors so although I would probably say that I prefer indoors, I have no choice but to experience and enjoy the boys OUTDOORS.Needless to say, I think they will still kick arse anyway, yes.gif 2.gif

i have seen Rush a total of 4 times (going on 5) in my 16 year old life, twice inside (MSG,Radio City) and twice outside (PNC,Montage Mt). and i have to say that the indoors ones sounded better both times, and i also advise no one to see them at Montage MT...because the sound wasnt too great...but it was my first Rush show!!! on the VT tour.

anyways.....my vote is for indoors,

Having seen about 10 shows outside and another 10+ inside, I would say I prefer the indoor setting.

First, it's climate controlled.

Secondly, it's dark instantly, which enhances the light show from the opening song rather than having most of the first set in full light.

The best part about the outdoor shows, is it is a smaller more intimate venue, meaning you're not as far away from the stage.

The crowd response always seems more loud indoors too, which makes the show more fun.

indoor's

I saw RUSH at the Gorge for the Vapor Trails tour and they sounded amazing. Maybe its because everyone thought that this tour would never happen, but I was really impressed. Then I saw them at the White River for R30 tour and the acoustics sucked. I saw Neil hit the drums and then I heard it.

I saw the at the ACC on the first leg, indoors, and that was the best concert of my life!!!! The acoustics were great, not to loud, very clear!

This year I saw them at the Gorge and the wind was terrible, no pyro, the sound was good though.

Then I saw them at Clark County, I loved that place!!! The sound was great. I think it was because there was a solid wall behind them. I could hear everything.

So I guess what I'm saying is this, I have seen them 8 times indoors and 4 times outdoors, it all goes back to how well its mixed!!!!

By the way, I voted for outdoors, it was almost to close to call wink.gif

Take Care!!!!

2.gif The Best Band in the World

The best sounding shows I have been to have been small indoor theater type shows. (where Rush would be too 'big' to play).

The outdoor shows that I have been to have been fairly decent sounding. The exception would be that sometimes being on the lawn the volume is not as loud as I would like.

I have had some horrible experiences sonically in arenas/stadiums. It all depends on where you sit. I've had some very good sonic experiences as well.

It's a toss up...they sound great regardless if they are indoors or outdoors...I think the better they sound depends on the overall setup and acoustics when they play indoors. I saw them at GM Place up in Vancouver and the sound was perfect...

Indoors. Of course, I am biased because they will be playing outdoors here when it's going to be hotter than the inside of Hell's boiler room. Also, you don't have to worry about the weather forcing a reschedule. And the whole concert experience is just better in the dark.

I think there are pros and cons to both. Indoors, you get a better light show and weather doesn't affect the performance. But the atmosphere outside is more fun, I think. Nothing better than summer and outside concerts 1022.gif

While I prefer the indoor sound in most cases. I love the outdoor atmosphere and the fresh air. I haven't been to a concert in who knows how long. laugh.gif So at this point in my life I don't care either way. Just being able to see 2.gif next month is a real treat!! trink39.gif

I prefer indoors. Dont know why. Im just used to it like that, but outdoors can provide a lot of qualities that indoor venues cant. But im going with indoor.

after seeing them indoors all my life, finally have caught several outdoor shows in milwaukee over the last few tours. the sound never was an issue in an outdoor arena, (for me) and it feels cleaner - the breeze off the lake is awesome.

if i had to vote, i would now prefer outdoor

2.gif tongue.gif

I'd say for my taset indoors is usually better with the exception of United Center-Chicago (a despicable place designed so that those in the upper levels can't hear well.)

Iv'e oly seen them outdoors once at Alpine Valley in SW Wisconsin for the Presto Tour-at leaset I think it was Presto- it was summer of 90 and some things are hazy from back them and they sounded way better than United Center June 9 2008 and I was in the Lawn area.

All other shows were in Rosemont Horizon (renamed Allstate arena) and they sounded fantastic. Everything was crisp and very loud unlike United center and I had upper deck seats ther also

of course..........my hearing could be worse now that I'm an old man

I guess what I'm saying is they sound great anywhere except upper level at United Center, a place i;d like to see demolished

Archived