Rush Archives

kid glove

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 10 2008, 04:38 PM)
Yeah, I've still got it on cassettes that I bought in the early eighties and it was always just the first three albums.

ditto...

I believe RED was the original intent of the "rush" on the 1st album.

But, when it was pressed in USA it came out as pink.

Red does not necessarily equal a MOON version.

If it is a MOON you are holding a copy worth about $400.

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jun 11 2008, 12:03 PM)
I believe RED was the original intent of the "rush" on the 1st album.
But, when it was pressed in USA it came out as pink.
Red does not necessarily equal a MOON version.
If it is a MOON you are holding a copy worth about $400.

Exactly.

Although I don't know of any red-lettered albums that AREN'T on Moon Records (other than the remaster CD), I suppose they could exist. The important thing is the Moon label, not the color.

I had Archives, and you don't get to appreciate the artwork of FBN or COS. Afraid the cover of my copy ended up torn, due to kittens and the habit of sharpening their claws. Gave most of my vinyl away to a second-hand shop - never played it in 21 years.

The only real rarity I still own is PW, with the original cover.

QUOTE (fritz44 @ Jun 11 2008, 01:50 PM)
I had Archives, and you don't get to appreciate the artwork of FBN or COS. Afraid the cover of my copy ended up torn, due to kittens and the habit of sharpening their claws. Gave most of my vinyl away to a second-hand shop - never played it in 21 years.

Is that the Perm Waves with the "Truman" headline on the newspaper? How many of those were made?

QUOTE (Red Porschetta @ Jun 11 2008, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (fritz44 @ Jun 11 2008, 01:50 PM)

Is that the Perm Waves with the "Truman" headline on the newspaper? How many of those were made?

Loads, unfortunately they're not that rare either. I bought one in Glasgow on day of release.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 10 2008, 04:38 PM)
Yeah, I've still got it on cassettes that I bought in the early eighties and it was always just the first three albums.

You mean these:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/The%20Rush%20Room/5648.jpg

I have 3 copies. The cassettes and two vinyl copies. One Mercury (grey cover) and one Anthem (black cover).

The copy you want is the Canadian Black cover version. That is "somewhat" rare.

I still have my vinyl copy of Archives. I thought it was great at the time because I got to get 3 albums at once (didn't have any of the first three yet).

Question: For those with Archives on tape: Is I Think I'm Going Bald in the middle of Fountain Of Lamneth (rather than Didacts And Narpets) like it is on the COS tape

ITIGB probably is sandwiched in TFOL on Archives. They did this to balance the lenth of each side of COS to cut down on production costs. And since Archives on cassette must be from the early eighties the album company probably still put this logic into practice.

The truman covers are not really rare as they printed off a run BEFORE the Chicago Tribune knew about it. After they raised a stink they covered it up. I have one of these and like kozmo, I have a canadian vinyl Archives along w/ a grey one.

BTW Canadian vinyl is heavier (higher quality).

Alot of my rush is on the Anthem label.

I have a grey Archives bought in '82 or '83. Sadly, I had already purchased the individual albums. I didn't understand it was a re-release of them. So I was kinda disappointed.

Just out of curiousity, was the cassette release two cassettes or three?

QUOTE (kid glove @ Jun 10 2008, 12:00 PM)
How many here own the Archives vinyl record set?

this is the rarest of all Rush collectables. it was very unique beacause this was a single purchase with i believe 4 albums included.

1st release
caress of steel
fly by night

it came in a grey cover with the starman logo on the cover. this release was discontinued in late 70s sometime. it is also missing when all the other rush releases are shown. my oldest brother had for years till it fell apart or his kids destroyed it... it is a true collectors item.

so whos' got it?

I'm afraid Archives does not include 2112. There're far, far rarer gems out there, but it's nice to have.

I've also got a copy archives.

Something else I've got that I believe is more rare is the red vinyl release of Body Electric/Analog Kid/Distant Early Warning. Anyone know how rare this is?

QUOTE (tel @ Jun 12 2008, 03:03 AM)
i have all the worlds a stage tri-fold cover is this rare?

Not necessarily "rare". Its the first pressing version.

There is actually 3 versions:

Tri fold, Gate Fold (the double), and a single gatefold (this is like the final pressing).

Yes, the ANTHEM labels are heavier. Plays a lot nicer than the Mercury/Atlantic versions.

Archived