Could you live without tv for 1 month?

ReflectedLight

My cable tv and computer internet went down for about an hour and it made me think if I could give up at least tv for a month. unsure.gif Not that I watch alot of tv, but when you don't have it, you don't have a choice. I guess it's like anything else. If you train yourself and commit to it, you will change the thinking pattern.

Easily. Most of the time the idiot box is on for background noise only. Which is why, when our set went funky a few months ago, we didn't fork out several hundred dollars for an LCD or a plasma. We did get a flat tube, but it's still a console TV. I couldn't justify $900 for a TV when we watch so little of it.

If you are talking not watching programming, then I could do it I think. I would miss my DVDs though.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 6 2008, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 6 2008, 06:26 PM)
If it was in the middle of July, when all the sports that I like are in their off seasons, then I could do it no problem.

How bout November?

I could if I had too but I would miss college and pro football and most of all hockey. I wouldn't do it intentionally.

Missing Mets baseball would bother me greatly ! Besides that, I have no social life (Im married tongue.gif ) so I need my TV ! atickhum.gif music.gif

Only a month? Most definitely. I probably watch only about an hour or two of TV a day on average, and I don't think I read or play my guitar as often as I should, so it sounds like the perfect solution. tongue.gif Plus this is the first summer I'll have a full-time job, and when you add ridiculous amounts of AP summer work and cross country and vacations and whatnot, I'm not really going to have loads of free time like I have in the past.

Now the internet, no freaking way, I would die without TRF. no.gif comp26.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 7 2008, 01:32 AM)
Just don't threaten to take the computer or my music away instead! laugh.gif

Same here! trink39.gif tongue.gif

Just wait till this current series of Doctor Who is over, then I'll be able to live without TV for a month wink.gif

Yes, I could live without TV for one month...

However, I could not live without the internet for the same time... wink.gif

I could easily do that!

With the recent writer strike I stopped watching it any way. Always wondered if that stopped other too. unsure.gif

Back 2 years ago when I was in Iowa with my dad and 3 other cousins and 2 uncles, we had no TV or internet because my grandmas house had been shut off. ( We were cleaning her house to sell it because she was in a nursing home) Me and my cousins just sat in the living room talking and singing our favorite songs. We would go outside and walk down to the elementary school across the street from my grandmas house and play basketball, play on the playground, well not really play as it was relax on the playground.

So yea I could do it no problem.

I went a year w/out tv.

It was liberating. since then I have not watched nearly as much.

Archived