Caress Of Steel

streak85

Which track would you enjoy hearing?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which track would you enjoy hearing?

• Bastille Day
    • I Think I'm Goin' Bald
    • Lakeside Park
    • The Necromancer
    • Fountain Of Lamneth

I love that album. I can't understand these people who think the only good song is Bastille Day. That's crazy. If I was at a show and Rush pulled out anything from this album I would be extremely pleased.

Given the choice I can narrow it down to The Necromancer or The Fountain Of Lamneth. I think The Necromancer is at least a little more believeable but still little more than a dream.

I really can't seperate between those two sensibly. For my health's benefit I'd go with The Necromancer. I don't think I could live through going crazy for almost 25 minutes. laugh.gif

Hard to pick just one, but I went with the tested Bastille Day. Bald would be humorous/ironic, and there are parts of both Necro and Fountain that would be great live, but I doubt either in their entirety would work.

I don't believe it is accurate to say Rush hates this album. I've never heard any of them say that, and they played songs off of it for many years live. I think they may perceive that the public hated it, however.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 31 2008, 05:38 PM)
Hard to pick just one, but I went with the tested Bastille Day. Bald would be humorous/ironic, and there are parts of both Necro and Fountain that would be great live, but I doubt either in their entirety would work.

I don't believe it is accurate to say Rush hates this album. I've never heard any of them say that, and they played songs off of it for many years live. I think they may perceive that the public hated it, however.

Yep. In fact I was quite surprised to hear how lovingly Geddy in particular spoke about that record in Contents Under Pressure.

Jeeeeeeeezzz..........I can't decide. wacko.gif

I vote they do a medley with bits of all of them! yes.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ May 31 2008, 12:27 PM)
It's pretty well known that Rush hates that album. So I cant see them playing the longest song off of it.

Really? I've always heard them say they understand it was not one of their more successful albums, but their still proud of it. confused13.gif

Anyway, I'd LOVE to hear THE NECROMANCER live. yes.gif That would be amazing! 1022.gif

I voted Fountain. . .but would be ok with Bastille Day or Necro.

I know the tour for Caress was quite a downer for the band. . .they called it "The Down The Tubes" tour.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 31 2008, 11:27 AM)
It's pretty well known that Rush hates that album. So I cant see them playing the longest song off of it.

I thought that I remember reading in Traveling Music that Neil says they loved this album but it was the record company that hated it...

I have recently fallen in love with this one all over again.. it's been the only thing in my car for the daily commute for about three weeks... I could/can listen to Lakeside Park over and over for the full 30 minute drive...

QUOTE (MCM @ Jun 1 2008, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ May 31 2008, 11:27 AM)

I thought that I remember reading in Traveling Music that Neil says they loved this album but it was the record company that hated it...

I have recently fallen in love with this one all over again.. it's been the only thing in my car for the daily commute for about three weeks... I could/can listen to Lakeside Park over and over for the full 30 minute drive...

Yeah, I know they were very proud of COS when it came out and were suprised it didn't do better. Of course they should be proud of it, because it is the greatest album EVER.

Voted for TFOL

Archived