Is there any... drug use at Rush concerts?

XXXB0BXXX

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ May 15 2008, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (XXXB0BXXX @ May 15 2008, 05:49 PM)
I know there'll be pot there, but we won't all get second hand baked..... right?

unsure.gif dood! these people are freakin me owt. laugh.gif

in a clothes hamper, definitely! yes.gif

in an elevator...perhaps. smile.gif

in a car with the windows rolled up, probably. biggrin.gif

in a 10,000 seat venue or an ampitheater, no.gif

'fraid not. unless of course, the recognition of the aroma triggers an acid flashback. wacko.gif

then yer screwed, but the lasers will look REALLY cool. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

what's that smell? cool10.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I caught a whiff a couple of times at the Dallas show from my spot in the 12th row, but only faintly. They certainly weren't passing joints around to strangers like they were doing back in '81 cool10.gif (wait - we didn't have rows, and chairs, back then. We all just massed like cattle as close to the stage as we could get... laugh.gif)

Good point about the kids. I'm taking the Meister (my youngest) to the St. Louis show in June and I'd just as soon not have to explain what that sweet smell is, or explain to him why suddenly he feels so HUNGRY! biggrin.gif

I smelled some very occasionally at the most recent show in Houston. No one offered any, though... sad.gif

Seriously, it seems like with the more severe restrictions on smoking in general, it's probably getting harder to torch up.

QUOTE (XXXB0BXXX @ May 15 2008, 07:44 PM)
I mean, this will be my first true concert, and I heard stories recently of my friend's going to Tool and Megadeth, and there being so much pot smoke that they like hotboxed the entire arena. Serious, they said at Tool you could smell it wherever you went.

So I wanted to know, will there be much of that at Rush? I mean, Rush sure did drugs back in the 70's.. (Passage to Bangkok \m/) and they have a reputation of a spacey prog band.. will there be much drugs there?

Unfortunately yes there is.

I wouldn't say it's overwhelming, but you smell it. Luckily we'll be outside so that should make things bearable for those who aren't into that stuff like me.

I'm a bit paranoid (wonder why cool10.gif ) about lighting up inside the venue, because I don't want some security guy hassling me or kicking me out.

What are other peoples experience,?? I suppose the venue has a lot to do with it.

Don't get me started about the cool10.gif laws in this country. dazed025.gif I believe Alcohol is much worse on society than weed. Much the crime surrounding weed is because of the money, gangs and distribution... Our previous Govenor (Jessie the Bod) admitted to smoking, he once made the comment that it made him want to listen to tunes and order pizza, not go out an get violent, and commit crime...

Nothing like a couple of hits after a stressful day at work to take the scared.gif edge off...

I've smelled weed at every RUSH show I've been to, but usage seems to be much less than at concerts for other bands. But drunks are another thing.

It seems like there's more and more drunk idiots at RUSH shows these days. I'd much rather have some mellow, smiling dude that's high on pot next to me than one of those loud-mouthed drunk douchebags slamming into me and screaming "Get down with your bad self!" in my ear over and over.

Here in England you'd be totally kicked out of the arena for lighting up, whether that be marijuana, any kind of legal high or a simply cigarette.

Me and my friend didn't smoke inside the arena but we both lit up before the gig outside the pub and afterwards on our walk across the car park where we saw the roadies loading some of the gear onto wagons. cool.gif

QUOTE (duntov1966 @ May 16 2008, 09:49 AM)
I'm a bit paranoid (wonder why cool10.gif ) about lighting up inside the venue, because I don't want some security guy hassling me or kicking me out.

What are other peoples experience,?? I suppose the venue has a lot to do with it.

Don't get me started about the cool10.gif laws in this country. dazed025.gif I believe Alcohol is much worse on society than weed. Much the crime surrounding weed is because of the money, gangs and distribution... Our previous Govenor (Jessie the Bod) admitted to smoking, he once made the comment that it made him want to listen to tunes and order pizza, not go out an get violent, and commit crime...

Nothing like a couple of hits after a stressful day at work to take the scared.gif edge off...

Sounds like what happened here during Prohibtion...

Ya the security is pretty tough compared to the 80s

But they're almost harsher about cigs than doobies.

VT Tour 2002 Vancouver BC

Alex's rant:

"I love BC. It smells so nice here. I'm from BC. There's lots of bushes..."

or somethink like that...

As he ranted, front row guys beneath him blew up a few HUGE exhaled clouds that Alex then eagerly wafted in by hand and got all jittery...

Was pretty hilarious...

Don't get me wrong I like to drink, sometimes quite a bit.

I would like both cool10.gif and trink38.gif to be legal.

I like the story about Alex... good one...

Anybody ever get the boot or worse for a little cool10.gif at a RUSH show.? sad.gif

QUOTE (goose @ May 16 2008, 07:10 AM)

It seems like there's more and more drunk idiots at RUSH shows these days. I'd much rather have some mellow, smiling dude that's high on pot next to me than one of those loud-mouthed drunk douchebags slamming into me and screaming "Get down with your bad self!" in my ear over and over.

Seriously.

At the show I went to at the Nokia theater, some off-duty lady cop was talking loudly behind me about how badly she wanted to bust some guy at the show for toking up. She was telling a security guy about it, and he was saying, "Just point them out to me, I'll kick their asses out of here!"

Come to think of it, our section was full of idiots. There were the drunk guys in front of me who talked throughout most of the first set and kept giving each other congratulatory bro handshakes for some reason, and then the people next to me who looked like they were sitting through a quantum mechanics lecture. I would have welcomed some pot heads, because at least they probably would have been having fun!

IT IS ALL ABOUT WHO'S SITTING AROUND YOU. I went to 4 shows (all outside), last year and NEVER smelled a thing. Cigarettes or weed. It seemed like I was sitting next to a mom or dad, who had brought their son/daughter to their first show. Also,..a couple times, the kids were wearing the old concert t-shirts they (the parents), purchased at shows back in the 70's and 80's.

QUOTE (RayzorS @ May 16 2008, 06:26 PM)
IT IS ALL ABOUT WHO'S SITTING AROUND YOU. I went to 4 shows (all outside), last year and NEVER smelled a thing. Cigarettes or weed. It seemed like I was sitting next to a mom or dad, who had brought their son/daughter to their first show. Also,..a couple times, the kids were wearing the old concert t-shirts they (the parents), purchased at shows back in the 70's and 80's.

Dude shorten your sig.

No one gives a crap which and how many shows you've attended through the years.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 08:49 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 09:49 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

Sounds like U have issues fing.gif

QUOTE (RayzorS @ May 16 2008, 09:06 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

nah, he doesn't.......

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 16 2008, 10:10 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

nah, he doesn't.......

You got my back... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 10:43 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

nah, he doesn't.......

what's a bit weird is that it is actually possible to shorten it and still keep all that info in the sig. but i better keep quiet since mine is a probably a little longer than the law allows.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 16 2008, 09:45 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

nah, he doesn't.......

what's a bit weird is that it is actually possible to shorten it and still keep all that info in the sig. but i better keep quiet since mine is a probably a little longer than the law allows.

Yeah its long

But noone minds looking at Jessica and Scarlet every time you post.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 09:43 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

nah, he doesn't.......

well F, since when have you had issues.......?

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 16 2008, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 09:43 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

nah, he doesn't.......

well F, since when have you had issues.......?

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (RayzorS @ May 16 2008, 10:06 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

"Kiss The Ass"

QUOTE (Syrinx Priest @ May 16 2008, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 16 2008, 09:45 PM)

Dude shorten your sig.

nah, he doesn't.......

Yeah its long

But noone minds looking at Jessica and Scarlet every time you post.

True....you can take out all the other shit, but leave those three hotties....paaaleeeese wub.gif

Archived