Gas prices are killing me !

Tick

QUOTE (Natch @ Apr 9 2008, 10:27 AM)
I've had to cut back on other things, such as going out to dinner. We stay home and cook more often now.

Same here. I hardly do anything "out" anymore, unless it's cheap or free!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 9 2008, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 9 2008, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 9 2008, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 9 2008, 02:00 PM)
Coming to my daughters this morning and passing a gas station I almost had heart failure $114.7 a Liter  ohmy.gif

$114.7???

That's really a dollar and .147 cents right? unsure.gif

I wish it's somewhere around $4.50 or a bit more a Gallon wacko.gif

so there's like 4.56 litres to a gallon right?

So it must be $1.147/litre

Yes, it's $1.14 per liter

Your liters to gallons is correct for the UK, in the US it's 3.78L per gallon so it's 4.31/gallon.

Right now I pay about $3.30/gallon in Michigan where I work, so I alternate cars when the other one needs a fillup. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 9 2008, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 9 2008, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 9 2008, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 9 2008, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 9 2008, 02:00 PM)
Coming to my daughters this morning and passing a gas station I almost had heart failure $114.7 a Liter  ohmy.gif

$114.7???

That's really a dollar and .147 cents right? unsure.gif

I wish it's somewhere around $4.50 or a bit more a Gallon wacko.gif

so there's like 4.56 litres to a gallon right?

So it must be $1.147/litre

Yes, it's $1.14 per liter

Your liters to gallons is correct for the UK, in the US it's 3.78L per gallon so it's 4.31/gallon.

Right now I pay about $3.30/gallon in Michigan where I work, so I alternate cars when the other one needs a fillup. biggrin.gif

TY Digi biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 9 2008, 04:04 PM)

hows that?

Is litres to the gallon different in Canada and the US than the UK? unsure.gif

Also, they sell it by the litre here too.

You'd have to ask Huck how much a litre it is here. I never drive over here so never fill the car smile.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 9 2008, 12:35 PM)

hows that?

You'd have to ask Huck how much a litre it is here. I never drive over here so never fill the car smile.gif

No the liters are the same, but the US gallon & the UK gallon different volumes. The UK one is larger. Kind of stupid if you ask me, when they have the same name.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 9 2008, 04:42 PM)

hows that?

No the liters are the same, but the US gallon & the UK gallon different volumes. The UK one is larger. Kind of stupid if you ask me, when they have the same name.

I'll say. I never knew that.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 9 2008, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 9 2008, 04:42 PM)

hows that?

I'll say. I never knew that.

In case you're curious to know more....

1 Imperial Gallon = 4.5461 liters (l)

1 liter (l) = 0.2200 Imperial Gallons

1 US Gallon = 3.7854 liters (l)

1 liter (l) = 0.2642 US gallons

1 Imperial Gallon = 1.2009 US Gallons

1 US Gallon = 0.8327 Imperial Gallons

Conversions

I used to live on a small military base where I was literally two minutes drive from where I worked. Why not walk, you ask? Killer rabbits and land mines off road.

Anywho, I didn't realize how much I would miss it until I moved away. Now I only drive about 15 minutes one way but it's costing a lot when you factor in errands, lunch, etc. I'm easily spending over a hundred more a month in fuel costs. Not to mention how this is affecting the price of everything else.

I paid $65 to fill my Explorer the other day. Then I thought, for $65 I can buy a bicycle and ride my bike to work every day (when the snow is melted and the weather is nice and I don't have kids to pick up).

I will be purchasing a bike soon. I only live a couple of miles from work, so it's not that far, and there's no doubt that I could use the excersise.

I'm going to try to cut my driving in half. Thank God I quit smoking cigarettes. They're outrageous now.

I filled up the wife's Tahoe last night. The pump shuts off at $50! I had to start all over again to put the last $25 in the tank. What a pain in the ass. angry.gif

Trying to get some balls to ask my Dad for some money til jobs come through the hall. I can't handle asking for money. Humbling myself to that level is very difficult. unsure.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 9 2008, 02:57 PM)
Trying to get some balls to ask my Dad for some money til jobs come through the hall. I can't handle asking for money. Humbling myself to that level is very difficult. unsure.gif sad.gif

I had to do that a few months ago it is a hard thing but yah know what he will do it mine did biggrin.gif They are Dad's I was embarrased like you have no idea but no questions asked he did it . Try it and just relax . wink.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 9 2008, 01:22 PM)
I paid $65 to fill my Explorer the other day. Then I thought, for $65 I can buy a bicycle and ride my bike to work every day (when the snow is melted and the weather is nice and I don't have kids to pick up).

I will be purchasing a bike soon. I only live a couple of miles from work, so it's not that far, and there's no doubt that I could use the excersise.

I'm going to try to cut my driving in half. Thank God I quit smoking cigarettes. They're outrageous now.

great idea. I love cycling and want to try this. My main problem down here is that we have this weather phenomenon in which we have almost daily thunderstorms that run from around 4-7 pm between May and October. Most of the rest of the year it gets dark too early for me to make the 15 mile haul before darkness. Even with the proper lights our streets are too crazy to ride a bike after dark.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 9 2008, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 9 2008, 02:57 PM)
Trying to get some balls to ask my Dad for some money til jobs come through the hall. I can't handle asking for money. Humbling myself to that level is very difficult.  unsure.gif  sad.gif

I had to do that a few months ago it is a hard thing but yah know what he will do it mine did biggrin.gif They are Dad's I was embarrased like you have no idea but no questions asked he did it . Try it and just relax . wink.gif

Oh I KNOW he'll do it I just dun like the asking no.gif

thanks 77 smile.gif

On Tuesday I paid $2.99 a gallon when had the mini van. Yesterday I was up to $3.13 at the same gas station, today it was down to $3.02 wacko.gif

It's like 20 miles to work, so a bike won't work for me. And, I usually have a hard enough time just getting to work on time, which is.. LOL.

I'm lucky. I have a company vehicle and all gas is paid for. I bought my wife a very efficient accord and gas cost isn't that bad. Oil companies don't set the price of oil, it is set by the commodity futures market which speculates supply. Get used to gas prices though. Not only is supply going down, the US government is going to add more taxes to gas. Insanity.

Basically, if you are a smoking Tahoe driver, you're screwed. ohmy.gif

Edited by Cowtothesky

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 19 2008, 03:46 AM)
$3.59 a gallon angry.gif

Sorry, but I find it hard to take complaints like this seriously (not picking specifically on you Nettie) when I am paying the equivalent of $8.50 for the same amount of petrol(gas). angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif