"Bloom" - 5/10

"Morning Mr. Magpie" - 8.5/10

"Little by Little" - 7/10

"Feral" - 6.5/10

"Lotus Flower" - 9/10

"Codex" - 9/10

"Give Up the Ghost" - 8/10

"Separator" - 9/10

Overall, I'll round it up to an 8/10. Not bad. I guess Radiohead doesn't suck.

You know what else I like about this album - it's under 40 minutes! This being a Rush forum, I really think Rush should do the same thing with Clockwork Angels. In most cases, a run time under 45 minutes is so much easier to digest and enjoy.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 19 2011, 02:15 AM)
You know what else I like about this album - it's under 40 minutes! This being a Rush forum, I really think Rush should do the same thing with Clockwork Angels. In most cases, a run time under 45 minutes is so much easier to digest and enjoy.

I agree with that. In Rainbows was a shorter album (9 songs and about 43 minutes) and it doesn't feel like a chore to listen to the whole thing. Back when albums were written with the LP format in mind, that length was pretty much the industry standard. But with CD's and their higher capacity, bands began to put more into an album. Don't get me wrong, this can be a great thing. But it can also be a mixed blessing. I liked how In Rainbows from Radiohead, and Anno Domini High Definition from Riverside are shorter in length. But boy do they ever pack a serious punch!

This new album doesn't suck at all. It is so lacking in suckage that I haven't stopped listening to it since I got home from work.

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Feb 18 2011, 09:54 PM)
The back-to-back of "Lotus Flower" and "Codex" is pretty tremendous.

Yeah I like this the best so far....have to say I'm not too crazy about the first several songs...but that is only on my initial listening and probably will give it some more time to see if it grows on me.

QUOTE (The Maples @ Feb 19 2011, 03:19 AM)
This new album doesn't suck at all. It is so lacking in suckage that I haven't stopped listening to it since I got home from work.

laugh.gif Nicely put!

I like the atmospheric element of it. Yorke is in top form, too.

as a pretty serious Radiohead fan, I gotta say I'm not impressed so far

the album as a whole sounds like a fairly well-produced demo, especially the simple, uninspired drum loops that populate most of the songs

that said, I find 'Codex' and 'Separator' almost perfect as they are - they're the two I've returned to most to date ('Lotus Flower' isn't a half-bad 'demo' either)

this would be an interesting free download if it were, say, Thom's original demos for a proper album

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 20 2011, 12:00 AM)
as a pretty serious Radiohead fan, I gotta say I'm not impressed so far

the album as a whole sounds like a fairly well-produced demo, especially the simple, uninspired drum loops that populate most of the songs

that said, I find 'Codex' and 'Separator' almost perfect as they are - they're the two I've returned to most to date ('Lotus Flower' isn't a half-bad 'demo' either)

this would be an interesting free download if it were, say, Thom's original demos for a proper album

goodpost.gif

this simply cant be the best they can come up with in four years.

i remember the first time i heard In Rainbows i was AMAZED, not bored.

It's a good album, that's about it. Groundbreaking? Nah. Innovative? Nah. Redundant? Yeah.

It may be time to accept the fact that Radiohead is running out of ideas. I just hope they don't go the route of a band like U2 and keep using the same bad of tricks and wear out their welcome. U2 is boring, Radiohead is not...yet.

Again, The King of Limbs is merely good. I like it, I just don't love it.

I like it unsure.gif

I picked up Hail to the Thief today. It was the only Radiohead album FYE had that I didn't already own; now all I have to get is Amnesiac and I'll have all of their studio releases. Then it's on to the EP's and such.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 21 2011, 02:35 PM)
I thought this was pretty funny.

yeah I saw that, it was pretty funny. Andy Levy is a big fan though and tweeted his love for the album.

Listening to Radiohead while doing math homework makes me hate math a little less.